DesrAw
    DesrAw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Intertops 10% withdrawal fee!!

Hello

I just had a very experience with Intertops.

I made my first deposit of €300. The found that the limit of €200 on the bet I wanted to play (german handball).

I won the bet and now had €466 on my account. I then made a withdrawal of €266, because that moneyt would be better off elsewhere, since the limit was €200.

When making the withdrawal I looked, to see if there was any fee for withdrawals to moneybookers. The information was right on the withdrawal page and it states "fee: 0.00%".
    When I got the money, I saw that Intertops had taken a fee of €26.60 (10%). I thought that it most have been a mistake, but damn was I wrong. The the rules was stated that if I didn't play the whole deposit, I would have to pay 10% in fees for withdrawals.

Support was no help at all!

What really pisses me of is that it is stated in the withdrawal page, that the withdrawal fee is 0.00%, and there was no note to read the rules if I didn't play the whole €300 through before (only) withdrawing some of the money.
    If it didn't state 0.00% on the withdrawal page, or if there was any note on the page, about the speciel rule, then I would not have been the withdrawal.
    I don't think it's fair that you get some information on site page, and then have to double check the rules to make sure that what you just read is actually true..

And then the 10%, is just way over the top. They could have taken 50% if they wanted, and still write 0.00%

What do you think fair or unfair?

Regards
    DesrAw

Casi
    Casi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am i missing something here, or did you not wager the 300 but only 200?

If so, you wrote the answer yourself..."The the rules was stated that if I didn't play the whole deposit, I would have to pay 10% in fees for withdrawals."

DesrAw

I only played €200.

Want bugs me is not the rule, but that they write 0% on the withdrawal page and then take 10% without giving a notice!
    Last edited by DesrAw; 04-01-09 at 09:54 AM.

Casi

Intertops is not different to other books in this case.
    Not wagering the deposit at least once will cost you everywhere.

And coz it is the exception to the rule, there is nothing wrong with the 0% cost statement.
    Some books may notify you about the 10% fee before they process the withdrawal (i know i.e. Pinnacle does), but they don´t have to. Something you just learned, sorry.

DesrAw

ok

Hmm I just think its sad that I have to double check all over the site, when there is and answer on the withdrawal page, without any exception noted.. But I guess that just me, because I'm in the situation.

Btw: other bookie take like 2%.. (my experience)

Thanks Casi
    Last edited by DesrAw; 04-01-09 at 10:05 AM.

Casi

I know what ya mean, but i can´t think of any book that will give you an automated warning in the cashier.
    I agree thou that they should send you an email after they checked it, actually most books will i think, but i fear there is nothing you can do now that it is processed.

You might want to check out Pinnacle, they have stuff like german handball and the odds should be way better than Intertops (i do not like them much btw).
    I don´t know about the limits, but you can place several bets (at decreasing odds usually of course).

DesrAw

Yeah pinnacle is very good, and they are actually my main bookmaker. There was just a very nice odds at the time at intertops

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cost them money to move money around, they pay for this.

If you don't bet it through at least once, they charge you part back.

Sounds fair to me.

DesrAw

No doubt it cost them money, but very far from 10%

DesrAw

Update:
    When I talked to customer service, I asked to talk to the supervisor, who also refused to give me back my money. She told me that I could write them an email, and would be forwarded to the management, but after the comment here, I decided not to write them a complain.

Then 5 min. minutes ago I surprisingly received an email from that same supervisor, and here is what she wrote to me.

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,
    We sincerely apologise for your disappointment regarding our 10% fee rule for withdrawals.
    Intertops do not charge for Moneybookers withdrawals, as long as the 1x rollover requirement has been met. Unfortunately, due to high transaction costs, we are unable to process payouts for free if the funds have not been wagered at least 1x rollover. Taking into consideration both the cost issue and the security issue of money-moving, we are unable to process the payout procedure for free without these necessary rules.
    You are quite right, we should have notified you of this fee beforehand, as this would have been more courteous, for this we sincerely apologise, therefore we have re-credited your account with the $26.60 fee as a goodwill gesture on this occasion, however, please bear in mind our 10% rule will be applied in the future if you do not meet the 1x rollover requirement.
    Thank you very much for your kind understanding.
    Best regards
    Suzanne
    Payments Dept.
    The bolded part is the answer, to what I actually complained about, that I was not noticed about the additional fee etc.

Cheers

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by DesrAw View Post
    Update:
    Dear Mr. xxxxxx,
    We sincerely apologise for your disappointment regarding our 10% fee rule for withdrawals.
    Intertops do not charge for Moneybookers withdrawals, as long as the 1x rollover requirement has been met. Unfortunately, due to high transaction costs, we are unable to process payouts for free if the funds have not been wagered at least 1x rollover. Taking into consideration both the cost issue and the security issue of money-moving, we are unable to process the payout procedure for free without these necessary rules.
    You are quite right, we should have notified you of this fee beforehand, as this would have been more courteous, for this we sincerely apologise, therefore we have re-credited your account with the $26.60 fee as a goodwill gesture on this occasion, however, please bear in mind our 10% rule will be applied in the future if you do not meet the 1x rollover requirement.
    Thank you very much for your kind understanding.
    Best regards
    Suzanne
    Payments Dept.
    That was nice of them and turned out good afterall