laconic
    laconic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1891

Centrebet AUS only book

Just been kicked out by email . Live chat said going to concentrate on AUS clients only.

filipinho
    filipinho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shit.Solid book gone.Stupid sportingbet...

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I think they were bought out by Sportingbet, so in most of the rest of the world they'd be competing with themselves. Presumably they just didn't want to maintain two brands (though they do kind of have two Australia facing ones, the Centrebet name presumably retains a good deal of goodwill).

LMAOFISH
    LMAOFISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Weird because I just got an email from them today offering some kind of bonus and I'm from Canada. Unfortunately my account is fully limited though.

Ferretktf
    Ferretktf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

worse news - they immediately cancelled/voided pending bets worth over 1500GBP - did not allow them to be graded (all would complete in next few days). I understand their other decisions but this one stinks.

and of course, like most of us, i am limited to stakes of £0.25 or less at Sporting bet

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

Quote Originally Posted by Ferretktf View Post
    worse news - they immediately cancelled/voided pending bets worth over 1500GBP - did not allow them to be graded (all would complete in next few days). I understand their other decisions but this one stinks.

and of course, like most of us, i am limited to stakes of £0.25 or less at Sporting bet
    That is simply unacceptable.
    If they don't reinstate those bets lodge a complaint with SBR and/or their regulator.

laconic
    laconic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1891

worse news - they immediately cancelled/voided pending bets worth over 1500GBP - did not allow them to be graded (all would complete in next few days). I understand their other decisions but this one stinks. and of course, like most of us, i am limited to stakes of £0.25 or less at Sporting bet
    I did read they would be voiding pending bets in the email. That is simply not right. They are not liquidating, they are not even getting rid of the brand. Cancelling pending bets is just unacceptable. However, I see the accounts will actually close in 14 days time so you should be OK if your bets complete in the next few days as you say.

barba
    barba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Fu**ng Sportingbet ruined very solid book...They kicked amoust half of Europe from there

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The kicking is fine and makes sense.. the Sportingbet 'brand' is stronger in the rest of the world than Centrebet, and why compete with yourself?

That said the voiding is likely illegal and I'm sure the Australian regulator would have something to say about it. I can't remember whether Centrebet were one that claimed non-AU accounts were governed by another jurisdiction (maybe UK?) though..

Ferretktf

Quote Originally Posted by laconic View Post
    I did read they would be voiding pending bets in the email. That is simply not right. They are not liquidating, they are not even getting rid of the brand. Cancelling pending bets is just unacceptable. However, I see the accounts will actually close in 14 days time so you should be OK if your bets complete in the next few days as you say.
    No they have already cancelled ALL pending bets - including one placed just a few hours before the email arrived .. for an AFC event at 09:00 GMT this morning.

Ferretktf

Kudos to Centrebet - they have now reversed the above decision and pending bets will be reinstated

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

Kudos to Centrebet - they have now reversed the above decision and pending bets will be reinstated
    Good result but probably always inevitable as any fair minded regulator would have insisted.