MatchbookMike
    MatchbookMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2288

Matchbook Announces Multi-Currency !!

I am proud to announce that Matchbook.com is now available to all punters in EUR, GBP, CDN, HKD in addition to USD.

This has been a wildly anticipated release and we expect it to further stimulate our growth and liquidity. Matchbook is quickly becoming a viable, liquid, lower commission, no premium-charge betting exchange the industry desperately needs. In addition, to industry leading liquidity in NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB liquidity Matchbook now offers highly liquid Soccer, Tennis and Rugby markets.

For any existing customers who wish to change their existing account to one of our new currencies please contact info@matchbook.com and provide your username and desired currency. Currency transfers will be processed at the XE rate, calculated at 9am GMT on the day of the transfer. After 31st March, 2012, transfers will incur a 1% foreign exchange fee.

To celebrate this release Matchbook is offering free Moneybookers and Neteller deposits until the end of March and March Madness.

If you don't already have an account please sign up and join the revolution! For those who do, thank you for playing at Matchbook.

- Mike

BeardedTaco
    BeardedTaco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

VIP rewards program is on deck I assume? Add one to the multi-currency feature and your liquidity should improve

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MatchbookMike View Post
    I am proud to announce that Matchbook.com is now available to all punters in EUR, GBP, CDN, HKD in addition to USD.

This has been a wildly anticipated release and we expect it to further stimulate our growth and liquidity. Matchbook is quickly becoming a viable, liquid, lower commission, no premium-charge betting exchange the industry desperately needs. In addition, to industry leading liquidity in NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB liquidity Matchbook now offers highly liquid Soccer, Tennis and Rugby markets.

For any existing customers who wish to change their existing account to one of our new currencies please contact info@matchbook.com and provide your username and desired currency. Currency transfers will be processed at the XE rate, calculated at 9am GMT on the day of the transfer. After 31st March, 2012, transfers will incur a 1% foreign exchange fee.

To celebrate this release Matchbook is offering free Moneybookers and Neteller deposits until the end of March and March Madness.

If you don't already have an account please sign up and join the revolution! For those who do, thank you for playing at Matchbook.

- Mike
    no AUD?...don't want hareeby to have a BF

MatchbookMike

AUD is available but we are only offering these accounts to selected users upon request. I can confirm that Hareeba was a chosen customer during our testing phase due to his long standing patronage of our product.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What is a good currency to use for non Americans??

British Pound??

MatchbookMike

The choice is yours ! we are happy that with the 4 additional options a significant proportion of our current and potential new customers can be served adequately. In future we will look at releasing additional currencies so that all the bases are covered.

laconic
    laconic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1891

HKD is an interesting offering given that it would be illegal for a resident to bet with you.

jjgold

Anyone betting in Hong Kong can actually go to jail on the internet

Betting with an illegal or overseas bookmakers is 9 months imprisonment and $30,000 fine

MatchbookMike

Quote Originally Posted by laconic View Post
    HKD is an interesting offering given that it would be illegal for a resident to bet with you.
    Just as our players in Europe and Canada have been asking for their own currencies for so long we thought it fair and most importantly worthwhile to give our big Macau punters this added option. Our customer service department has already received several emails from a few of them commending our implementation of HKD.

We also will be releasing the site in several additional languages that cover the region in question alongside Spanish and German.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

will matchbook allow US customers again?

jjgold

Macau punters??

I guess they are allowed??

laconic

Is there any prospect of some horse racing product on the exchange? Tx.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    I hope not.
    Points Awarded:

LostBankroll gave Hareeba! 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

No one has ever been able to answer this question... Why is it that WSEX is in stiff mode, and Matchbook isn't ? or are they ?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    No one has ever been able to answer this question... Why is it that WSEX is in stiff mode, and Matchbook isn't ? or are they ?
    Totally separate entities under different ownership.

New operators bought Matchbook just over 12 months ago and I've always received prompt payouts.

WSEX operators should be behind bars for continuing to trade whilst insolvent.

MatchbookMike

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    Since new ownership came into being just over 12 months ago we have set our sites on building the business in the most compliant but also commercially viable fashion possible. Operating in the US would never have been a long term option for Matchbook. Unfortunately for the many thousands of US players that had become accustomed to using Matchbook and gaining great prices we had to do what we had to do.

Unless the regulatory framework becomes more amenable for a product/business such as ours to operate freely there is 0% chance that we will return.

We would ask that you appreciate the fact just weeks/months after we pulled out several books and major pokers sites that I don't need to mention by name ran into serious issues. The result ? player funds seized and untold grief for players. We did our best to pay every single player that was affected by OUR decision in the most timely fashion that we could.

In the end we remain to build the business and product. Many expected us to fall by the wayside but this has not happened. What we are committed to doing is slowly but surely improving what we do, week by week, month by month it is plain to see that Matchbook is developing and improving and we will continue to do so.

MatchbookMike

The answer is simple, we have absolutely 100% nothing to do with WSEX. They are not connected to us in any way whatsoever. Whoever puts this myth out there unfortunately is compromising the truth in a big way.
    Last edited by MatchbookMike; 03-13-12 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling error

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post

New operators bought Matchbook just over 12 months ago and I've always received prompt payouts.

That's good to hear, but WSEX has been in stiff mode longer than 12 months, so I guess my question should be directed back to the time before the alleged new operators took over

jjgold

Stop seeding the markets and see how much volume you actually have

Betfair takes more on a decent size tennis match than matchbook does in 1 month on all sports

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Betfair takes more on a decent size tennis match than matchbook does in 1 month on all sports
    ^^^^
    This
    it's an embarrassment and what left is the loss prevention departments in and around Escazu/Santa Ana and Curacao

jjgold

Minet I know the game inside and out

Love toying with this guy, he has no clue what he is talking about

Some tennis match 3rd round last night did 2.9 million at betfair

Hareeba!

Yes, MB is nowhere near Betfair overall at this stage.

However, you will almost always be able to get more $ down at better odds on US pro. sports markets at MB than at Betfair pre-game.

As for other sports MB can also be very competitive. I never go looking for arbs but when a 20c off market offer on a rugby match for several thousand is available I'd be pretty stupid not to take it wouldn't I?

And I've been finding several tennis bets at better than Betfair and Pinnacle odds too.

MatchbookMike

Is there any prospect of some horse racing product on the exchange? Tx.
    To be honest horse racing is not on the top of our priorities at the moment. What we would like to do is continue to improve the functionality of the site in small steps. All the small niggling fixes that we know can irritate some of our users we will address first.

Next step will be a VIP programme that will reward those most who put up offers and place the most volume on the site. The top level commission will still be industry leading but for the biggest and most active of players we will show the industry that we reward these types of punters the most.

As mentioned earlier several languages will be on stream shortly and we are about to offer out out mobile product under beta testing to some of our loyal customers so we can obtain feedback before a full release.

I have had the pleasure of playing around on our Iphone app and I can tell you it will be great product. We also have a HTML 5 version and are working on the Android version too.Soon you can place your Matchbook bets on the move at anytime, a great convenience for you and an additional revenue stream for us.

Another obvious choice is the option for people accustomed to the back and lay layout to choose this as their preferred market view. Matchbook is an extremely sticky product but we do accept the fact that when initially conceived many moons ago the market and its understanding of exchange wagering was different. Now due to certain players in the market the back/lay feature to many people is a way of life so we would like by the end of the year to have this addressed so that you can compare apples with apples.

MatchbookMike

The answer is simple, we have absolutely 100% nothing to do with WSEX. They are not connected to us in any way whatsoever. Whoever puts this myth out there unfortunately is compromising the truth in a big way.

laconic

To be honest horse racing is not on the top of our priorities at the moment.
    Thought not, which also makes you not one of my priorities either. Not got 4 legs, not interested. Pity.

ZetaPsi808

Since new ownership came into being just over 12 months ago we have set our sites on building the business in the most compliant but also commercially viable fashion possible. Operating in the US would never have been a long term option for Matchbook. Unfortunately for the many thousands of US players that had become accustomed to using Matchbook and gaining great prices we had to do what we had to do.

Unless the regulatory framework becomes more amenable for a product/business such as ours to operate freely there is 0% chance that we will return.

We would ask that you appreciate the fact just weeks/months after we pulled out several books and major pokers sites that I don't need to mention by name ran into serious issues. The result ? player funds seized and untold grief for players. We did our best to pay every single player that was affected by OUR decision in the most timely fashion that we could.

In the end we remain to build the business and product. Many expected us to fall by the wayside but this has not happened. What we are committed to doing is slowly but surely improving what we do, week by week, month by month it is plain to see that Matchbook is developing and improving and we will continue to do so.
    I was impressed how you guys handled this. i got my 5 figure balance paid in a prompt manner. i hope one day the US gambling laws and other circumstances change so matchbook can return tot he US market.

Points Awarded:

Fishhead gave ZetaPsi808 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ZetaPsi808

Thought not, which also makes you not one of my priorities either. Not got 4 legs, not interested. Pity.
    i do not think matchbook will be affected by not having your business. settle down son.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?

When matchbook can explain how a Bitcoin fly by night operation called
    sports trading exchange
    was using the exact same software as matchbook in the US
    only than will they gain any creditably

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    sports trading exchange
    firstly, many unrelated businesses use the same software providers

secondly, Matchbook's current software platform was in place before the current owners took over last year

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

good news I will put some euros on matchbook, I just hope their soccer liquity gets better

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?

firstly, many unrelated businesses use the same software providers

secondly, Matchbook's current software platform was in place before the current owners took over last year
    If sports trading was on Wray and Entwisle technology than i would agree
    but just as I would tell anyone to stay away from jazette no matter what the "in house" explanation is
    I think some kind of explanation is needed for US facing operations even if they no longer serve the US market
    when out of nowhere some stock trader in NYC has a bitcoin operation on the same platform as matchbook
    "where there is smoke there is fire"

jjgold

Yes, MB is nowhere near Betfair overall at this stage.

However, you will almost always be able to get more $ down at better odds on US pro. sports markets at MB than at Betfair pre-game.

As for other sports MB can also be very competitive. I never go looking for arbs but when a 20c off market offer on a rugby match for several thousand is available I'd be pretty stupid not to take it wouldn't I?

And I've been finding several tennis bets at better than Betfair and Pinnacle odds too.
    Does matchbook have good odds?? YES

Do they pay?? YES

What has never happened is growth...very little if any and shows no signs of growing

MatchbookMike

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    sports trading exchange
    All I can say and I do ask that you take my word for it because it does Matchbook no favours to lie to you is that the 'fly by night operation' you describe had absolutely nothing to do with us. Our software and code is proprietary and exclusively owned by us and we have made sure it is well protected. From all investigations we did this entity had done a paint job in attempt to somehow recreate a visually similar version of matchbook from what it looked like 6 years ago !!!
    In all likelihood they are one of the untold Ponzi schemes available on the web attempting to draw in US punters and ultimately take their cash. However if people want to think we would waste our valuable IP by allowing such an entity to use our code , then feel free !. I am of the belief that this would be a huge disservice to the many players who do/will benefit greatly by Matchbook growing stronger by the day.

Hareeba!

Does matchbook have good odds?? YES

Do they pay?? YES

What has never happened is growth...very little if any and shows no signs of growing
    FFS!!

Why do you think I and others have been pleading so long for additional currencies?

Now we've got them and it will add significantly to volumes.

And you're wrong too. I've certainly noticed more liquidity in recent weeks and the addition of more sports markets has also been welcome and provided several opportunities at better odds than elsewhere, so there has been growth.

MatchbookMike

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    good news I will put some euros on matchbook, I just hope their soccer liquity gets better
    I look forward to your deposit. An exchange after all is a community. The more punters posting and taking offers the better for everyone please feel free to tell anyone that may not of heard of Matchbook that we are now available in Multicurrency and we are credible betting exchange. As some of the most influential and frequent posters on this forum have mentioned we DO have GOOD odds and we DO pay. That has to be the foundation of any good betting product.

1234 Last