esasky
    esasky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook question for non-U.S. customers

I was looking to deposit funds (canadian$) into Matchbook for the MLB season...unfortunately, from what I see on their website, they only operate in U.S. dollars (unlike Pinnacle which keeps my balance in Canadian dollars). So my question (below) is more relevant to non-U.S. customers.

I assume the currency (US/Can exchange) at the date of deposit is used when I make my deposit into Matchbook. Lets says 2 months from now I decide to make a withdrawal from Matchbook (again, the currency on that date will be used and remember my balance is still in U.S. dollars). If the currency exchange rate changes drastically in the 2 month period (for better or worse), am I in effect gambling on both SPORTS and Foreign Exch markets)??

If anyone has any experience with this issue, your feedback/thoughts would be appreciated.

magnavox
    magnavox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course, the exchange rate is usually calculated on the day transaction is to be processed.

Mark Shark
    Mark Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes you are.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Totally. Welcome to my world. I live in Canada but my entire bankroll is in USD. There have been some significant ups and downs in the currency during the 6.5 years I have been in this situation, randomly adding/subtracting tens of thousands of dollars to/from what I will jokingly call my net wealth.

If you want to play offshore, you just gotta roll with it.

As far as Matchbook specifically, you can load your account via wire so the best thing for that is to probably have a USD account at your Canadian bank - and send the funds from that, already converted. I have a "borderless" USD account with TD. That would probably give you the best exchange rate compared to other methods.

cinpls081
    cinpls081's Avatar Become A Pro!

you have nothing to worry about the candian dollar will be on par with the US dollar in no time.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is an odd comment from my perspective. You are saying there is nothing to worry about then describing a huge potential disaster like it's a certainty

esasky
    esasky's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks mudcat,

guess I have to stick to Pinnacle--i think even 5Dimes is in U.S. currency