badbet
    badbet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Screwed by Heritage

Heritage is the first book I've used that altered my bet after it was placed.

On 3-10-12 I placed two wagers on the upcoming Kobalt Tools 400 nascar race. (This sunday). Jimmy Johnson +500 and Kyle Bush +600 to win outright. I specifically remember betting on this race.

However when I checked pending wagers later on, it said Odds to win the 2012 Sprint Cup Championship - Jimmie Johnson +500 and Odds to win the 2012 Sprint Cup Championship - Kyle Busch +600.

Since the sprint championship race doesn't end until November, part of my $ is completely tied up.When I contacted customer service, they told me all internet bets are final. It can't be changed.

I'm 100% positive this is not what I clicked on in the nascar menu which means my bet was changed after the fact.

I've had accounts with Bookmaker, DSI, Thegreek, VIP (RIP) and betonsports.com and this is the first time I've had this to happen.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

I think you read it wrong. I never saw lines for this particular race. It was for the Championship.

Odds reflect it being for the whole season as well.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL... Seen this a million times... It was you that screwed up, not Heritage.

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

dumb

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The title of this thread should be changed to "I screwed up placing a bet with Heritage"

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Computers dont make mistakes, people placing bets do.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14038

Quote Originally Posted by badbet View Post
    Heritage is the first book I've used that altered my bet after it was placed.

On 3-10-12 I placed two wagers on the upcoming Kobalt Tools 400 nascar race. (This sunday). Jimmy Johnson +500 and Kyle Bush +600 to win outright. I specifically remember betting on this race.

However when I checked pending wagers later on, it said Odds to win the 2012 Sprint Cup Championship - Jimmie Johnson +500 and Odds to win the 2012 Sprint Cup Championship - Kyle Busch +600.

Since the sprint championship race doesn't end until November, part of my $ is completely tied up.When I contacted customer service, they told me all internet bets are final. It can't be changed.

I'm 100% positive this is not what I clicked on in the nascar menu which means my bet was changed after the fact.

I've had accounts with Bookmaker, DSI, Thegreek, VIP (RIP) and betonsports.com and this is the first time I've had this to happen.

i know i've screwed up a few bets in the past. but i was never surprised by the screw up, when i noticed it . you say you are 100% sure. i believe you.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Mistakes happen by everyone.

later

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi badbets,

Do you have a screenshot of the original wagers? What prices did you expect for the intended wager? While it sounds like user error a wager ticket or some other detail would be helpful. We received your email and replied.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Heritage doesn't screw people,you just need to comprehend what you are betting.

dimaggio8
    dimaggio8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 907

With heritage I wouldn't think they would change odds like that. I've seen line changes when placing wagers but never changing the lines after I placed the bet.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

you just bet the wrong thing.

it happens

ask nicely and they might let you take them down if the odds are still the same

ask to speak to Mike

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    The title of this thread should be changed to "I screwed up placing a bet with Heritage"
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    LOL... Seen this a million times... It was you that screwed up, not Heritage.
    While Heritage could show he got the wager he placed, they in good faith cancelled it. He was also offered to be sent his balance free of charge if he felt he didn't want to keep a balance with the book anymore.

WILLIE
    Anyone want to smoke with Willie again?
    WILLIE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sbr lou View Post
    while heritage could show he got the wager he placed, they in good faith cancelled it. He was also offered to be sent his balance free of charge if he felt he didn't want to keep a balance with the book anymore.
    great job!!!

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

they did not win the race anyway so heritage did u a favor in the end

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14038

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    While Heritage could show he got the wager he placed, they in good faith cancelled it. He was also offered to be sent his balance free of charge if he felt he didn't want to keep a balance with the book anymore.
    can't ask for more - most books would not have cancelled the bet - i'm surprised

OUTCAST
    OUTCAST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1872

That's a CLASSY book, they didn't need to do that.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

operator error