nick86
    nick86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Attachment 39271

Is 30k on man united not enough? That is before a higher stake request. Certainly wouldn't be for Billy walters but i think i will be fine!
    don't really give a damn about soccer. what's the limit for american sports?

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Varies with odds

nick86

Varies with odds
    What would be a rough average on NBA limits?

brettels

they are much lower, tommorows matches for example...

orlando just over 5k but dallas down to 1,493.....they are just the money lines. they are just the auto accept stakes. can request for higher.

nick86

not bad man. what book are you using?

brettels

Ice hockey

6k on san jose but only 3.5k on tampa bay

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The TAB's take bigger stakes I would believe vs private aussie books

brettels

sportsbet, every day is different, i've seen them with 250,000 on a miami heat game a while ago, i don't bet US sports much

nick86

sportsbet? aren't they known to limit a lot of players?? I think I'll pass....

brettels

Apparently, Hareeba is the only one to prove it to me, and it was ridiculously low($3) but he has been limited almost everywhere. I have been with sportsbet for 5 years, never had a limit issue.

nick86

Brettels, how much do you tend to wager on average?

brettels

I'm only a small punter, avg between 100-500 per bet. have done a few thousand before only a few times, has been a while.

nick86

How often do you deposit and withdraw?

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    yeah JJ, TAB will take a million but they aren't as fancy with there market options, although the vic & nsw TAB's(tabcorp) are very good with market options. other states are dull but will take big stakes too. There odds aren't always the worst either, some people exaggurate.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by nick86 View Post
    How often do you deposit and withdraw?
    I've told you enough already, but i get paid straight into my bank in less than 24 hrs when i do.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

The only bad thing about Aussie books is that none offer 5 cent lines. This is why I use Pinnacle most of the time. You are spot on with your info though JJ.

brettels

What do you mean 5cent lines, as a decimal man i can only think you get 1.05 on a line, i can get 2.00 at aussie books, or 2.10 even 99.00 with pick your own lines, please explain, sorry i do not understand.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

1.95 / 1.95 on handicaps.

brettels

yeah sportsbet mainly do 1.92 with the occasional 2.00 frequently offered. You can't get pick your own line at pinnacle, haven't seen them anywhere except sportsbet and centrebet.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

What do you mean 5cent lines, as a decimal man i can only think you get 1.05 on a line, i can get 2.00 at aussie books, or 2.10 even 99.00 with pick your own lines, please explain, sorry i do not understand.
    As Santo said, when the handicaps are $1.87 or $1.91 for most sports, it's very difficult to pass over $1.95/$1.95 elsewhere. That being said, for the average Spring Carnival/AFL punter who doesn't do much with other sports, they're definitely not a bad option. I really took advantage of the quick withdrawals when I was betting much more heavily.

brettels

Yeah the best offerings are always with AFL and NRL, they have been very good for me with tennis as well. Much bigger stakes allowed on tennis than US sports. Not bad market options too, not so much in the small tourneys though unless its finals for big name players.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

yeah sportsbet mainly do 1.92 with the occasional 2.00 frequently offered. You can't get pick your own line at pinnacle, haven't seen them anywhere except sportsbet and centrebet.
    Yeah, if I did a lot of NRL and AFL betting I wouldn't play as much at Pinnacle. I usually bet NBA and NFL and while you can't pick your own lines you can still buy points on both spreads and totals.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Yeah the best offerings are always with AFL and NRL, they have been very good for me with tennis as well. Much bigger stakes allowed on tennis than US sports. Not bad market options too, not so much in the small tourneys though unless its finals for big name players.
    JJ's whole Aussie fascination was partially started by an argument he had with yisman and I on one side and him and Fishhead on the other. This was maybe a year and a half ago? Those 2 were convinced that tennis was a small sport and something like Nascar would dwarf tennis' betting turnover worldwide. So they were convinced no one could possibly get a decent sized bet down on tennis even though I have put several 5 figure + bets on matches at Aussie books on behalf of others, with a bit of my money thrown in. It got so bad that I even jumped on with SBObet live chat for them to verify the size of bet they'd take because that book JJ at least took a bit seriously.

Realistically though, for matches that Pinny, betfair and the Aussie books offer, you'll 99% of the time get a better tennis price at the first two. The only time you won't is if a lot of money has come in for the favourite everywhere and you like the dog because the Aussie books overjuice the favourites so you have a great opportunity to pick off great + prices. It's all a matter of preference though. I played solely at Aussie books and betfair for quite awhile with Pinny as a back up and was more than happy even though I knew I was losing a bit of money by not betting primarily at Pinny when I could. Now my circumstances have changed but ironically I'm also betting much less, go figure. Stuffed that one up big time.

jjgold

CR Books even juice sides now, plenty of Aussie Books offer 1.91 on sides
    Some of the smaller operations like BetStar and Sportsbetting.com.au are pretty good also
    Luxbet is very good and actually controlled By TABCORP
    Sportingbet a little better as far as America Sports compared to (IAS/Sportbet)
    New Zealand Tab does not offer a full board daily on USA Sports but sometimes lines not bad
    As far as tennis betting Aussie not the way to go even though they offer a ton daily

Lets make no mistake about it Aussie Books number 1 sport is horses and all have great odds and promotions

brettels

JJ that is very likely but don't be so certain! One thing for sure is that it's not NASCAR LMFAO

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Attachment 39271

Is 30k on man united not enough? That is before a higher stake request. Certainly wouldn't be for Billy walters but i think i will be fine!
    yes, they talk big and offer big stakes to losers but for me and several of my punting friends and acquaintances that would probably top out at $30

jjgold

Hareeba what books can you play lets say 2k a game??

I mean for you

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by nick86 View Post
    What would be a rough average on NBA limits?
    why even bother?
    you will always be able to do better at Pinnacle and Matchbook

Hareeba!

most certainly they do

Hareeba!

Apparently, Hareeba is the only one to prove it to me, and it was ridiculously low($3) but he has been limited almost everywhere. I have been with sportsbet for 5 years, never had a limit issue.
    I'm most certainly not the only one. Many of my punting mates and acquaintances have been limited to the extent that sports betting is just no longer even worth a try at Sportsbet and IAS since Paddy took over.

And you only need visit a couple of Aussie forums to find heaps of posters saying the same thing.

I do still maintain an account but use it only sparingly for racing specials these days.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 03-06-12 at 02:42 PM.

Hareeba!

CR Books even juice sides now, plenty of Aussie Books offer 1.91 on sides
    Some of the smaller operations like BetStar and Sportsbetting.com.au are pretty good also
    Luxbet is very good and actually controlled By TABCORP
    Sportingbet a little better as far as America Sports compared to (IAS/Sportbet)
    New Zealand Tab does not offer a full board daily on USA Sports but sometimes lines not bad
    As far as tennis betting Aussie not the way to go even though they offer a ton daily

Lets make no mistake about it Aussie Books number 1 sport is horses and all have great odds and promotions
    Topsport posts 1.93/1.93 opening lines for AFL and NRL and will take a decent bet
    Betstar won't take much of a bet and Luxbet limit to buggery too.
    TAB will take large bets and frequently offer better odds than Pinnacle and Betfair for tennis
    They also surprised me on Monday night's NRL game by offering lower juiced odds than Pinnacle!
    The UK owned corporates will eventually severely limit any punter who shows talent
    The Aussie books are generally not the place to be looking to bet on US sports

jjgold

Topsports is very small and lucky on a weekend to take 1000 bets or so
    I am sure safe though

These Aussie books really geared toward horses and Aussie Sports but recreating players say $200 and below every Aussie book is fine for all sports

Hareeba!

Topsports is very small and lucky on a weekend to take 1000 bets or so
    I am sure safe though

These Aussie books really geared toward horses and Aussie Sports but recreating players say $200 and below every Aussie book is fine for all sports
    I don't know where you get your data about the 1000 bets but it may be right. I don't think they advertise, relying on word of mouth and some of the best and biggest punters I know use and recommend them. But unless you are into racing and Aussie sports there's probably nothing there to interest you.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I don't know where you get your data about the 1000 bets but it may be right. I don't think they advertise, relying on word of mouth and some of the best and biggest punters I know use and recommend them. But unless you are into racing and Aussie sports there's probably nothing there to interest you.
    I have good sources

What do you think about sportsbetting.com.au????? Seems a little bigger than Topsports and they are a don best book

Hareeba!

I have good sources

What do you think about sportsbetting.com.au????? Seems a little bigger than Topsports and they are a don best book
    Is that what was known as Davidson's?
    I used to have an account with them but whenever I went to place a bet, kept finding that the odds weren't what was showing on my odds service. After many moons of not actually managing to place a bet with them and getting abused and labelled an arber when I told them they were weak as piss for offering me only a small fraction of a bet I requested on a big event I told them where to shove it.
    Don Best book? wtf?

First 12345 ... Last