WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Here's a problem books have to deal with, and I was hoping to get some player feedback.

Books frequently deal with a player opening up multiple accounts. In almost every case, this is to collect a bonus or circumvent limits (especially when the player is collared or thrown out).

On one hand, you have a cheating player. Clearly in the wrong.

On the other hand, this player could lose his balance before getting caught. If a cheating player complains "give me a refund, I'm a cheater!" the book will laugh at him.

The effect is that only bad cheaters get punished. Good cheaters get away with it. Bad cheaters get free rolled. The cheater is still very much in the wrong... But is it OK to freeroll bad cheaters?

Is there a better way to deal with this problem?
    Its not freerolling if the person cheated to start with. Once the rules have been broken by the person then the book can do what they want.

As long as the player knowingly cheats first, the book can do whatever they want. This is the common sense solution to me.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    The fundamental flaw in the industry, in my opinion, is that funds are held by the book. This gives the book a type of leverage it should not have. So many problems come back to this. I hope to see the offshore industry evolve to where players have some sort of offshore bank account, that has agreements in place with books, so that money can be instantly transferred. In this setup the only funds the book can ever touch is the money wagered by the player. As soon as the wager is graded, the money goes back into the bank account. (The bank would be profitable in the same way that other banks are; it could even pay a low interest).
    That's right on. excellent point. Until this basic fact is changed the books deserve very little sympathy. Ultimately the book will do what it wants and the players fate lies with the will of the book. Not the other way around.

headgames
    headgames's Avatar Become A Pro!

Recently, I received a letter from Stan James saying they had incorporated Betdirect. My Betdirect account had been moved over to Stan James leaving me with two active accounts with Stan James. The letter confirmed that the transferred account would carry outstanding bets and balances and that I could continue using this "Betdirect account" over at Stan James as normal - "nothing changes."

If I had bet on account 1 and account 2, whether circumventing limits or not, what do you think should have happened to my bets? My details at both sites were correct and so exactly the same - shouldn't they have cross-checked their databases before inviting me to play on my transferred account?

This is a specific instance and I didn't try to cheat but whilst the SJ site may say one account per person, the letter was inviting me to use this transferred account too.

It was about two or three weeks later that they wrote to say one of my accounts needed to be closed. Prior to that, imagine what arguments could have arisen by someone, with no intention of cheating at all, betting on two accounts and potentially circumventing limits thinking they could place bets as normal on both accounts.
    Last edited by headgames; 03-30-09 at 05:52 AM.

Fizzz
    Fizzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by headgames View Post

If I had bet on account 1 and account 2, whether circumventing limits or not, what do you think should have happened to my bets? My details at both sites were correct and so exactly the same - shouldn't they have cross-checked their databases before inviting me to play on my transferred account?
    Well... if both accounts were without irregular movements, then the book might let you choose the older account and transfer the funds to it. Wagers on the closed account should be left the chance to get graded, then transferred back once they are.

karen9103
    karen9103's Avatar Become A Pro!

here is the solution: no bonuses , no individual limitations/ if there are limits they must be the same for all players/ and there will not be multiple accounts.this is fair bookmaking.the problem is that cheating is in the heart of this industry and bookmakers are pioneers of this cheating activities.how do they attract customers ? offering them bonuses and big winnings ! placing names of big winners and info about their 100000... $ winnings on their websites.and what they do if someone wins several hundred $ -s ? they place limitations or close his account.so who is cheating in the first place? bookies of course! they want to cheat and not be cheated !this is impossible.the question is can a fair bookie survive ? that is can bookie survive without limiting players?they can if they are proffesionals and know how to make their books.

First 12