finfan88
    finfan88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8020

im a USA player and have money in bovado..am i screwed?

i have money in several poker sites...CARBON POKER....PDC POKER... and OPTIMUS POKER....am i screwed with the cash i have on those sites.....im hearing the the US govt is shutting down for USA PLAYERS.......is this true..what should i do? And i also have money in BOVADO...

finfan88
    finfan88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8020

anyone?

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

i highly doubt ur money is unsafe in bovada.. for 1 bovada isnt seized.. their old site is.. and for another ur account is a small number to the millions in holding they have in their players accts.

i wouldnt worry just yet bud

as far as other poker sites.. sure just like full tilt or pokerstars they can be shut down at anytime.. it could happen.. probably will but no way any of us would know for sure when or if.

-stash

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

money is safe at bovada, at least as safe as any site that acepts americans

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

There was a big difference between the sports sites and the poker ones. The poker one had commercials, poker specials and advertisements in America. They were asking to get busted. The sports sites do none of the above.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

It depends. Is the money a significant amount to you? Then yes it's unsafe.
    Risk reward cal when comes to gambling offshore. Getting money caught up in processor nonsense/nonpayment risk you factor in and move forward.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

It's really a flip of the coin for you guys isn't it? You never really know.

dimaggio8
    dimaggio8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 907

Quote Originally Posted by finfan88 View Post
    i have money in several poker sites...CARBON POKER....PDC POKER... and OPTIMUS POKER....am i screwed with the cash i have on those sites.....im hearing the the US govt is shutting down for USA PLAYERS.......is this true..what should i do? And i also have money in BOVADO...
    Hi finfan, if you are unsure get your money out immediately and do not hesitate. Don't take a chance if it worries you. That would be my advice.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

think the post about bodog being seized is an old one and if nothing has happened as of yet,im thinking u should be fine

tgoodm1
    tgoodm1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1532

Considering that their banner is still up on this site, I think it would be irresponsible of SBR if your funds are in jeopardy.

Bovada Service
    bovada
    Bovada Service's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11289

We are aware of both the seizure of the domain Bodog.com on Monday and the indictment against Calvin Ayre released this morning. Please be assured that neither of these have in any way affected the operations of Bovada and it’s very much business as usual. The account details and funds of our players remain totally secure. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at 1-888-263-0000 or service@bovada.lv.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Quote Originally Posted by finfan88 View Post
    If you're an online poker player from the US, then you have to have the proper attitude about your money. The odds are that your money is safe, but don't be shocked if it is all seized and gone for good. It's just one more variable and element of variance to deal with. Keep enough on sites where you can gamble comfortably at the stakes you want to play at, but take some out of your balance when it reaches a point that you can't handle losing it all in one fell swoop. If you can't handle (either emotionally or financially) you're money being seized, then don't play.

If you enjoy playing, then buck up, and understand that as long as it's viewed criminally, then that's always a possibility.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Thank you Bovandia for letting us know what is happening here and I hope you keep us updated.