TryingMyBest
    TryingMyBest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Does it seem like most CS have no clue about sports betting?

I don't know how many times I will inquire about a game or a line and I'm amazed at what they ask me.

Here are a few off the top of my head.

The day of the MLB all star game this past summer I asked 5D CS about a line and they asked, "all star game for what sport?"

I asked 5D CS last night when MLB win totals would be up and they responded "totals for games?"

I asked someone at SIA tonight about the Baddeley vs. Oosthuizen line in the WGC and they asked what sport that was for.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I would think it is in book's best interest to hire people who don't care too much about sports. Probably avoids potential fraudulent behavior. I'm guessing the less the operators know the better.

There is also probably a language barrier, and a lack of interest in American sports in a third world country where all they they are trying to do is put food on the table.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

the funniest is when you have a semi complex issue about something and then they try to tell you their rehearsed speeches and you have to explain to them over and over and then you wanna kill yourself already for being on the phone with em..

bluesquad
    bluesquad's Avatar Become A Pro!

It happens on every damn CS, they dont know know anything at all, try to contact the CS for any hardware, or IT its the same thing over and over, usually the first layer of CS is just basic stuff, like general rules, deposits, account information, but if you need serious help you have to go deeper, it happens on every single company.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

They're not into betting. Those questions are for the wagering department. I bet most of the CS people think we're all a bunch of losers and they laugh at us.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    I bet most of the CS people think we're all a bunch of losers and they laugh at us.
    They would be without a job if most of their customers weren't losers...

taxer
    taxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

I think most of them are just trained to understand the ins and outs of the business in regards of service. They dont really even know or care about any of the sports most of these people are living on tight budgets spending $100 on a game or going out to dinner with your family during the weekend is an easy all for em

CityCowboy
    CityCowboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Its a totally different country with different ways of thinking. Plus all they do is calculate roll overs all day, they dont have time to watch games. Wagering clerks do know a little more about sports but they know a lot more about Euro and Latin American Soccer than US sports.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Quote Originally Posted by bluesquad View Post
    It happens on every damn CS, they dont know know anything at all, try to contact the CS for any hardware, or IT its the same thing over and over, usually the first layer of CS is just basic stuff, like general rules, deposits, account information, but if you need serious help you have to go deeper, it happens on every single company.
    Not entirely true, yes you are correct in most cases, I'm in I/T myself, I was at Cablevision for awhile until I couldn't stand working for Dolan anymore, but over there, you had to go to classes for six weeks before you could answer live calls, they got paid good (for CSR's anyway) but they had to know how to prorate bills for say partial month in between billing cycles, stuff like that.

Some banks have very good CSR's too, but, like the OP said, in most offshore joints, they hire people dirt cheap that can answer telephones and know not much more than that.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Most of them barely know more than their bosses.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigDaddy

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

I asked to make a deposit via a certain method, stated the exact amount and other details...

went back and forth for a while...

then she says, 'so what would you like to do?'

I'd like a fukking shoe shine, please!!!

what was the whole converstaion just about. a frigging deposit

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

I had one time asked a book to transfer my balance to WSEX, which was rated A at that time. The quick responsive CS went to completely silent. Now I think of it, it was a definitely a good thing that I gave up.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Many years ago I had a 2 hours chat with a BetCris support chick....it took 2 hours for her to understand what's the difference between a fractional and a decimal odds (it was a rollover related issue).

After that live chat, nothing can suprise me...