Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question about the new Matchbook system

They didn't deduct any commissions from my bets last night. When I check the detailed report, I do see the reference to the 1% (of lower of risk/win) - so that seems in order. But as I say, they just didn't deduct it.

Do they accumulate those and deduct a lump sum periodically?

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I was charged commissions yesterday, but have two significant problems with their accounting of it, a further one with the display of it, and also they're not deducting it until the markets are settled (which is the opposite of what I was told) giving the potential for them to be extending credit to people.

Mudcat

Hmm. That took me further from, rather than bringing me closer to, understanding.

Rather than publicly demonstrating my ignorance and simple-mindedness with a series of low-IQ follow-up questions, perhaps the thing to do would be to ask them directly.

Or maybe I'm naive to even think that's a possibility. Well I'll try and report back.

Santo

I have one market where the commission report indicates I owe $24 in commission, yet they appear to have charged me $0 on the bet report. I have another where I know I offered (it was unmatched for 10-20 seconds before the market maker shifted prices and matched me) which they are showing as an accepted offer.

I have asked them directly, we shall see.

Mudcat

Oh okay. We may be in the same position in the one case then. I owe a $32 commission which is not deducted.

I phoned them and they did not have an immediate answer so I have left it with them. My impression is it is just a glitch of some sort.

It does not sound like they are planning to accumulate these thing and deduct lump sums weekly/monthly/whatever as I was somewhat concerned.

Santo

Sounds like they're fixing the $0 thing, and my recollection differs from their logs on the other, so I guess I shall just keep an eye on it.

What is your experience on the markets Mudcat? To me, it appears (on NHL) that the markets are tighter but very little is crossing.

Mudcat

Yep I'm keeping an eye on it. Status unchanged as of this second.

On a positive note, I received a Moneybookers payout same-day today. It took about 4 hours.

As for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    What is your experience on the markets Mudcat? To me, it appears (on NHL) that the markets are tighter but very little is crossing.

I have been playing so little lately, I don't feel qualified to make a comment on the state of the markets. I'll say this: I have been repeatedly annoyed at the weakness of the NCAAB markets whenever I have checked them for the last few months (not that that weakness is a surprise). But it is clearly improving as tournament time approaches. Also not a surprise.

I'm trying to think of something intelligent and astute to say about the rest but I just don't feel like I've got my finger on the pulse right now. Most of my Matchbook activity is hit and run these days. I will undoubtedly get much more active for MLB.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Sounds like they're fixing the $0 thing, and my recollection differs from their logs on the other, so I guess I shall just keep an eye on it.

Tighter markets and less volume crossing is exactly what is going to happen as a result of this new commission structure and NOT just on the NHL.

Mark Shark
    Mark Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet Matchbook Management are going to be like any management team around the world and refuse to admit they have made an error with this change. They will be stubborn till the very end. Lets just hope they have some common sense and come to the conclusion that they need trades and lots of them to make money.

Mudcat

They settled my NBA wager from last night. They deducted the commission (from a losing bet ) properly.

But they still haven't deducted commission from the NBA bet I was originally posting about.

Santo

I think they may fix it for the future, rather than go back and charge past occurrences, but that's just my guess.