Soriano12
    Soriano12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dispute with betathome.com because of imo unfounded cancellation

Today I placed 3 bets for the total of 165EUR on the soccer club friendly match Aarhus vs Haugesund. The bets I placed were on "Aarhus to win" (ML +185) at betathome.com

The bets should have been graded as winning bets (final score 3:1 for winnings close to 300EUR) but instead they got cancelled by betathome because of a supposedly bad line because of bookmakers mistake.
    If you look at the market for this game, it's obvious that this was not the case: 5min before I placed these bets at betathome I also placed the same bet at Bet365.com at +190 (graded a winner, screenshot can be provided if neccassary and was sent to betathome, too).
    Other European bookmakers offered similar lines on this game and it was just a volatile market which is not unusual for club friendly matches (compare the following link for the game's market --> http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/wor...nd-aarhus-9827 98/#1X2;2 )
    I was also told that Asian books closed Aarhus -0.25 +117, so even close to kickoff the odds on to win would still have been around (roughly) +150.

If I take all this into consideration, this was definitely not an OBVIOUSLY bad line, like betathome claims and since every other book offered very similar (or even higher odds) and graded the wager correctly as a winner, I see absolutely no basis for a bad line claim here at all.
    This is just a normal case of dropping odds because of a markets opinion and should be honored by betathome like it was by anybody else.

In addition to that, they first claimed that I had placed my bets after kickoff, when the timestamp in their own ticket showed me placing my bets at 2:04pm, while the game kicked off at 5pm. Only after I complained about that and provided links to betradar, futbol24 and both official websites, they decided to switch their position towards claiming a bad line to pret ty much cut off any discussion.

I'd really appreciate any help I could get by SBR in that case, although I doubt that betathome will change their position at all....

Soriano12
    Soriano12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Already did. Just thought I'd post it here for anybody to see because I'd like to hear other opinions on the topic. Maybe I'm in the wrong here since I'm overlooking something, but so far I just don't think so.