coldhardfacts
    coldhardfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Internet Explorer problem

I use Internet Explorer to copy statistics into Excel, and also to download certain statistics to Excel spreadsheets. Firefox and Flock aren't suitable, because a) you can't download and b) you have to use the "paste special" feature, which results in inconsistencies in the worksheet columns that makes it difficult to sort and compare data (e.g., "New York Knicks" takes up three columns, while "Washington Wizards" only uses two).

Anyway, Explorer is very slow. Everytime I open it up I get a message stating "Stack overflow at line 74", and a separate tab opens up with an error message having to do with something called "yield manager". And there's a one or two second delay between my keystroke and the cursor movement on the screen. It's usable, but slow and very annoying.

I was thinking I might have a virus, but my Norton utilities reports no problems. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where are you reading the statistics from CHF? I would suspect the problem is there, but I don't know.

Picking up formated data can slow you down too.

I always copy/paste my data directly into Excel, as text if possible, then eliminate inconsistences should they arise by using find/replace and massage with text to columns.

Sorry if this does not help, maybe it will get some of the smarties out, if only to correct me lol.

coldhardfacts
    coldhardfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    Where are you reading the statistics from CHF? I would suspect the problem is there, but I don't know.

Picking up formated data can slow you down too.

I always copy/paste my data directly into Excel, as text if possible, then eliminate inconsistences should they arise by using find/replace and massage with text to columns.

Sorry if this does not help, maybe it will get some of the smarties out, if only to correct me lol.
    Thanks, but no, that's not it. The problem occurs every time I open up Excel, even before I try to copy and paste.