Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Question on best approach??

They give me an extra full free point at GTbets on my favorite teams im using the NBA, actually 2 teams i get to pick. Its only on the spread which is better than the totals. I was wondering the best approach i should use because i plan on trying for the middles. For instance today i was only able to get 1 point on each side as i didn't get any more, how should i do this?bet every game for the entire season whether or not im getting more than that like 1 1/2 points in between. Im also allowed to sell some of it back from -110 all the way down to -102 but i would rather go for the middles here. Let me also add that im also working on the rollover. Remember that i get this full point on every game for the season on both teams.Thanks guys.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

They give you you a free full point on all sides and allow you to bet both sides? So you could have a 2 point middle with both teams at -110 or a 1 point middle with both teams at -102, is that right?

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    They give you you a free full point on all sides and allow you to bet both sides? So you could have a 2 point middle with both teams at -110 or a 1 point middle with both teams at -102, is that right?
    No they allow me to pick 2 favorite teams for the whole season. One of my teams is the Knicks so if the spread is -3 then i get a free point to -2 at -110, not the other side of +3 Jazz, but i get this point for every game with the Knicks and they allow me to sell it back to them 1/2 point or the full point which makes it back to -102 when i sell them back the whole point. I wish i could get 2 points in the middle for every game i would bet the sh-it out of it every game, but i mean i bet -2 Knicks there and at another book +3 at other books. But i remember u telling me before that for middles to be + it needs to be 1 1/2 points in the middle, but i just found this out today that i get this free point for every game of the season since im new with GTbets. So what do u think, i hope were on the same page now as this full point is so good.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

OK. That makes a lot more sense!

Your free point is is 'worth' around 16 cents as an average so middling where there is line movement in your favour isn't the best strategy. Just playing your favourite teams with the free one point is the way to go here.

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    OK. That makes a lot more sense!

Your free point is is 'worth' around 16 cents as an average so middling where there is line movement in your favour isn't the best strategy. Just playing your favourite teams with the free one point is the way to go here.
    I actually just picked these teams as my favorite doesn't mean i like to bet them all the time thats not how i place bets. I mean i still can get a free half point at betislands or shop around to get more than 1 point in between. I really don't like just betting just to bet, i make sure i do everything right. So this would be for middling purposes, without betting freely could i make this work + in my favor?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    I actually just picked these teams as my favorite doesn't mean i like to bet them all the time thats not how i place bets. I mean i still can get a free half point at betislands or shop around to get more than 1 point in between. I really don't like just betting just to bet, i make sure i do everything right. So this would be for middling purposes, without betting freely could i make this work + in my favor?
    If the base -110 line offered by GT bets is the fair line then your free point gives you an edge of around 6 cents. The equivalent of +106 on a coin flip.

If you get a free half point at Bet Islands and bet the same base line, this advantage is reduced to around 4 cents. Middling with a bet at Bet Islands therefore only makes sense if the base line is a half point better i.e. giving you a 2 point middle opportunity. Even in this case though you should expect a higher degree of variance in that you are only expecting around 8 percent of your middles to hit.