PutTogether
    PutTogether's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

My first post: A question about an incorrectly graded wager.

I couldn't sleep the other night, and for fun, decided to make a few small prop bets on 5dimes.

Two that jumped out at me were:

NYG win by 1-3 +507
    NYG win by 4-6 +1299

(god knows I wish 'first score is a safety' had jumped out the same way)

Anyway, perusing the the bets after work today, my balance seems suspiciously high, and I see that they are both graded as a WIN. Unless I've SEVERELY misunderstood football scoring and simple subtraction my entire life, it is all kinds of impossible for both statements to be true. Obviously, at 21-17, the '4-6' wager should be a win, and the '1-3' should be a loss.

Couple of questions:

How does that happen? I assumed their tickets would all be graded electronically, and not subject to human error. Outside of human error - I don't see what could have happened to trip up a computer here. No overtime, no confusion about half totals or anything, just a straight up margin of victory. I don't see how they could A.) Get the margin wrong, and B.) not catch that they were paying two mutually exclusive wagers.

Does this happen often? I've never personally had a bet graded incorrectly. Ever.

I've got to call or email them in the morning to let them know about their mistake....just curious what other people's take on the situation would be. Besides......I bet I can go the rest of my life without having a book pay me when they weren't supposed to. Might as well tell a story about it.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Bets are graded incorrectly all the time, even by good books. You may have had a bet graded incorrectly that you didn't notice because it was corrected before you notice.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Put Together,

Thanks for sharing with the board. You've made the right choice to be honest and notify the book.