getsportspicks
    getsportspicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pay-per-head in the US, legalities

I developed a pay-per-head website (currently not in use), and been struggling with the idea whether it is legal or not to set up shop here in the USA. I would safely assume it would be illegal if i accepted money from bookies/agents located in the US, but what if i only accepted bookies/agents from outside the US?

As you know pay-per-head does NOT take wager money. So does any one know the legalities of setting this up?

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by getsportspicks View Post
    I developed a pay-per-head website (currently not in use), and been struggling with the idea whether it is legal or not to set up shop here in the USA. I would safely assume it would be illegal if i accepted money from bookies/agents located in the US, but what if i only accepted bookies/agents from outside the US? As you know pay-per-head does NOT take wager money. So does any one know the legalities of setting this up?
    If you were serious you wouldn't come to a gambling forum to ask this queston. You would contact an attorney to go over your business plan.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

If it is based in the US, it is illegal. If you use agents in the US tp cater to US customers, well ask the BetJerrys clan on Staten Island how that worked out for them.....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Illegal pal

your a rookie..go to Kohls and work the sneakers dpt

Best of luck
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flyingillini

getsportspicks
    getsportspicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

hah...well thanks for the input i guess.