Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

betfair doesnt accept lower odds , if you want to bet at 1.18 you will get that or higher, worst case scenario the bet will not be match

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    betfair doesnt accept lower odds , if you want to bet at 1.18 you will get that or higher, worst case scenario the bet will not be match
    What are you the gay ninjago? They refused the whole stake and offered lower odds!!!!!

Optional--I'm not drunk and I'm not a regular BF user, had the account for years but have had better options elsewhere!

FLC-- I know an exchange odds fluctuate like a woman's mood with PMS but they couldn't accept all of a piss weak stake on pissy little odds when apparently that is the place to get big stakes on for top odds, BULLSHIT!

in play, run(s)
    in play, run(s)'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Hareeba Shillington

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    What are you the gay ninjago? They refused the whole stake and offered lower odds!!!!!

Optional--I'm not drunk and I'm not a regular BF user, had the account for years but have had better options elsewhere!

FLC-- I know an exchange odds fluctuate like a woman's mood with PMS but they couldn't accept all of a piss weak stake on pissy little odds when apparently that is the place to get big stakes on for top odds, BULLSHIT!
    Put your bet up at 1.19 or 1.20 and it will be matched.

The total traded on the match will run into the hundreds of thousands (probably millions), at the moment the market is still forming. If you want your bet placed and confirmed at that exact moment the day before then a traditional book is probably better for you.

The fact remains that the odds/stake you wanted are available NOW and you are still whining. If you had just left your requested bet up it would already have been matched.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by in play, run(s) View Post
    Hareeba Shillington
    Where is he? I want answers!!!!

Why is there no multi betting for the Aus open grandslam? And why do small stakes get cut off and then offered lower odds!?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Where is he? I want answers!!!!

Why is there no multi betting for the Aus open grandslam? And why do small stakes get cut off and then offered lower odds!?
    There are no multiples markets yet for the same reason. A lot of the indvidual markets are not yet fully formed and because the multiples odds are based on the exchange odds there is not yet enough liquidity. It was the same with the US Open. The big market makers will be very active in the next few hours and you will see the individual match markets with much tighter spreads which will allow a multiples section to be created.

brettels

I'm waiting for the 1.20 to be accepted.

brettels

Here is another question, when i have checked on exchange multiples how come the odds for the multi offered are less than what they offer at singles. i have seen .05-.08 diff

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Here is another question, when i have checked on exchange multiples how come the odds for the multi offered are less than what they offer at singles. i have seen .05-.08 diff
    The odds shown in the multiples are the exchange odds at that time minus 3%.

The reason for the 3% is that unlike an exchange bet, the counterparty to your bet is Betfair themselves. The 3% is their insurance against substantial market moves or a lack of liquidity which would leave them with a big exposure. Very often you will get better odds in the acca/accumulator markets on the exchange than by placing a "multiple".

brettels

Yeah, its the accumulator that i'm after.

brettels

The 1.2 has been accepted, first time i've upped the odds and got them accepted.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Bummer Sports Alive (or someone else) doesn't still offer Aus Multis for us through BF.

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Bummer Sports Alive (or someone else) doesn't still offer Aus Multis for us through BF.
    I called them late october early november last year about it, they said they were probably going to bring back in new year and do it themselves. They obviously don't value it much because now is as good a time as any to bring it back.

brettels

Thank you fourlengthsclear for your easy to understand explanations!

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20513

Quote Originally Posted by in play, run(s) View Post
    Hareeba Shillington
    ?

If you have a disagreement with anything I've posted, I'm more than happy to discuss it rationally with you but posts such as this say more about you than I

Hareeba!

The 1.2 has been accepted, first time i've upped the odds and got them accepted.
    Glad you eventually got that sorted out.

Seems to me however from reading several of your posts in this thread that you really have a lot to learn about exchange betting.

And typical of most who come on here and bag exchanges it is from a standpoint of ignorance.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    mb better odds and better liquidity what planet are you from.
    Got nothing againts mb but they are useless book even for a recreational punter
    Not true.

For the US pro sports you can almost always get better odds than anywhere else including Pinnacle and enough liquidity unless you are betting in tens of thousands.

And their tennis markets are also well worthwhile. I've picked up several Aus Open match bets at better than available at Betfair or Pinnacle after taking commission into account.

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

and yet again no proof...

brettels

There is still no multi options for the grandslam, explain that hareeba! why one of the biggest events of the year, at "the best place to bet in the world" has not got multi betting options for it!

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

multi betting option at betfair?, parlays/multiples?

brettels

Yeah, worst place for it though!

Hareeba!

There is still no multi options for the grandslam, explain that hareeba! why one of the biggest events of the year, at "the best place to bet in the world" has not got multi betting options for it!
    Stuff multis - a mug's game.

I never bet them so never even bothered to look for them.

Why do I need to explain anything other than in relation to what I've had to say?

Optional

Every exchange struggles to compete on multis or exotics.

They just don't suit the nature of the operation as matching everything is just not possible (without many times more users than even Betfair has).

Aus Multis was ok, but the Betfair run stuff is lame as you have noted.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Betfair is the premier betting site on this planet and I will continue to use them.

100000000000% correct

brettels

JJ you can't comment here, you can't even bet anywhere!

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

Man mods are all over this thread

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by sharlataans View Post
    Man mods are all over this thread
    and about time too!

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    and about time too!
    fukking typical.
    Last edited by Blondie; 01-16-12 at 01:18 PM. Reason: fixed quote at poster request

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

Wanted to make some bets on Australian Open, and I need to use Australian wallet for that. But do you know what documents I will need to withdraw money back to main wallet?

You will need to provide us with copies of your official documents certified by a community leader, i. e. teacher, councillor, medical practitioner, dentist, pharmacist, etc. Each document must be signed individually by this certifier, who must put their name, signature and rank/title. They must certify that the document that they have seen is the original.
    I don't know if I have to laugh or cry.

I think I will have them signed by my priest

Optional

Wanted to make some bets on Australian Open, and I need to use Australian wallet for that. But do you know what documents I will need to withdraw money back to main wallet?

I've never had to provide extra documentation to swap funds between the two wallets. Do it all the time.

I thought they only have the Australian wallet to meet local law requirements. Aus events also apparently give locals the slight time advantage UK people usually have with matches happening on local servers.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I've never had to provide extra documentation to swap funds between the two wallets. Do it all the time.

I thought they only have the Australian wallet to meet local law requirements. Aus events also apparently give locals the slight time advantage UK people usually have with matches happening on local servers.
    I think the issue is that to be able to bet on Australian events you need to have complied with the specific Australian ID requirements.

Obviously Australians would have had to do that upfront but players from other parts of the world may not have had to provide the level of specific requirements demanded in Australia and thus have to do so before being permitted to be able to transfer funds into their Australian wallets to enable them to bet on those events.

Toit
    Trust me.
    Toit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6775

That'll probably do.
    It's not that hard to get verified.

Optional

@Hareeba, yeah, realized after hitting post that was likely the case. Didn't engage the brain before typing that one.

First 12