orewaotakudesu
    orewaotakudesu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Matchbook.com Reliable? Advice...

Hey. Was looking to see if matchbook.com is reliable now. Have they had any problems recently? I am outside the US so I can access it and like there low commissions but was worried ever since the issue with wsex. Any input would be great thanks.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by orewaotakudesu View Post
    Hey. Was looking to see if matchbook.com is reliable now. Have they had any problems recently? I am outside the US so I can access it and like there low commissions but was worried ever since the issue with wsex. Any input would be great thanks.
    The WSEX association is history.

I've had no issues with Matchbook since the change in ownership.

But I am very disappointed in their lack of haste to make several important changes which are needed if they are going to successfully make a go of it without US players.

orewaotakudesu
    orewaotakudesu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Is there a lack of liquidity or should I worry about having too much money in there? appreciate it Hareeba

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

Quote Originally Posted by orewaotakudesu View Post
    Is there a lack of liquidity or should I worry about having too much money in there? appreciate it Hareeba
    Depending on what you are betting on and when the liquidity can vary quite a lot.
    However unless you are trying to bet in tens of thousands you should find that mostly you will be able to get your straight bets on professional US sports at better than Pinnacle's odds.

How much is "too much"?
    It's always relative to your betting and confidence in the bookie.
    No sense in keeping excess funds at any book if you don't have to pay to deposit or withdraw.

Joey Zaza
    Joey Zaza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3579

They are safe - no worries there. New owners have buckets of cash.

I'm also outside of the U.S. so don't have that issue. I only bet tennis and find them to be just as competitive as Betfair and Pinnacle for pre-match betting (stakes $500-$1500). In fact, apart from these three companies, all other bookmakers are irrelevant with regards to tennis betting. You are not allowed to win anywhere else.