ijustwant2bpaid
    ijustwant2bpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

What grade would you give bookmaker.com?

I am biased but I would like to know, if you had to give bookmaker.com a letter grade A+ through F- what would it be? Thanks in advance, and any one working for bookmaker or sbr is excluded for obvious reasons! Hope to get some input.

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

From my perspective trying to get a good amount down, I'd grade them A, and the best US-facing book. CS on any non-script issue is horrific, but they take more action than anybody, and don't really mess with winners very much, and they've paid out large amounts in a timely manner. Matchbook is obviously a better out when it has sufficient liquidity, and something like 5dimes is better for $200 or lower players because of reduced juice.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

If pinnacle is A+, they are probably A-. but for big usa players (professionals especially) probably A+

Casi
    Casi's Avatar Become A Pro!

A. Reasons: Openers, decent limits, long history, always payout even if it may take some time.
    They wouldnt get A+ from me, Pinnacle and theGreek too are better.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

A.

The single most important factor is safety of your money. It's safe there.

Its CS could use a little work, but safety and high limits make this mandatory for any pro player.

junkman773
    junkman773's Avatar Become A Pro!

A

doowahdiddy
    Wheres the beef?
    doowahdiddy's Avatar Become A Pro!

A-

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

A

Fizzz
    Fizzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am not here to grade BookMaker... just need some pointers as to why I see that our Customer Service suck to so many players
    It is frankly... disturbing

Fizzz

Anyone?

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Now that you have free payouts again, I think I have to go "A" too.

I like the book.

Fizzz

Thx Peep... still I need those that have stated that our CS is a disaster to give specific reasons plz plz

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

how about the fact that i was told in december 2008, that bookmaker still does book to book transfers to wwts and cascade by cs live chat?

Fizzz

Transfer lists change constantly sir... this sort of decisions are made by management of any of the books involved. You may check with us any time to have an updated list.
    This IS the sort of criticism that I want to see thx Trix

tomcowley

I was trying to bet a teaser, but for some reason the teaser odds on my account were different/wrong. Chat is worthless. I call up, they tell me I need to talk to a lines manager.. but that they won't talk to me before games start, the same games I'm trying to bet. They refuse to answer yes or no if there's a note on my account about lowered teaser odds. Then they ship me off to tech support after I tell the woman there's no way I'm hanging up, and it's some kind of tech support issue affecting a bunch of accounts, not just mine.

They don't know what limits on any particular thing are (and neither does the website).

They tell me it will be 7 to 10 days before my wire is SENT when it had been sent 2 days ago.

I try to deposit a wire and the moron I'm talking to keeps asking me for the information that he would need to send ME a wire, depsite telling him more than once that he was doing it wrong.

I ask through DSI chat if I have a DSI account (yes or no, not for any info). I give the email it would be under, then the guy asks me for everything but a sperm sample and my actual retina, and then he tells me I need to send a scan of my ID.... to cs at BOOKMAKER.com. I tell him I know I have a bookmaker account (that has a large amount, that I was even betting on while he was wasting my time), why do I need to send anything to them.. and he's like oh, you don't have a DSI account. !@$&%$#

Several times I've called up and the people screw up my wagers, once even on readback. One time I was betting a set of 1h plays and she keeps trying to quote me full game lines. I've never had a wager wrong at readback, ever, over the phone at any other book.

I'm trying to get fedex fees covered on a (5-figure) cashier's check. They ask me for a scan of the receipt, which is pretty lame anyway. I send it. The moron writes me back and says she needs a better scan because she can't read the address.. depsite the fact that it and the amount are clearly visible- after I write back "ma'am, I appreciate you protecting the book's security, but I believe that once you look again, you'll find the information you're looking for", only a little less politely, it was credited.

And cris wasn't actually doing transfers to wwts or cascade in 12/2008.

Basically you just have a lot of really stupid people working there- sometimes they can't answer simple questions or do simple tasks, and other times they don't know enough to instantly kick the issue up to somebody with a clue as soon as they get off-script.

Read the forums too, one recently where the guy was spending months trying to get help tracking down a wire that was never sent.
    Last edited by tomcowley; 02-21-09 at 05:14 PM.

Fizzz

Quote Originally Posted by tomcowley View Post
    I was trying to bet a teaser, but for some reason the teaser odds on my account were different/wrong. Chat is worthless. I call up, they tell me I need to talk to a lines manager.. but that they won't talk to me before games start, the same games I'm trying to bet. They refuse to answer yes or no if there's a note on my account about lowered teaser odds. Then they ship me off to tech support after I tell the woman there's no way I'm hanging up, and it's some kind of tech support issue affecting a bunch of accounts, not just mine.

They don't know what limits on any particular thing are (and neither does the website).

They tell me it will be 7 to 10 days before my wire is SENT when it had been sent 2 days ago.

I try to deposit a wire and the moron I'm talking to keeps asking me for the information that he would need to send ME a wire, depsite telling him more than once that he was doing it wrong.

I ask through DSI chat if I have a DSI account (yes or no, not for any info). I give the email it would be under, then the guy asks me for everything but a sperm sample and my actual retina, and then he tells me I need to send a scan of my ID.... to cs at BOOKMAKER.com. I tell him I know I have a bookmaker account (that has a large amount, that I was even betting on while he was wasting my time), why do I need to send anything to them.. and he's like oh, you don't have a DSI account. !@$&%$#

Several times I've called up and the people screw up my wagers, once even on readback. One time I was betting a set of 1h plays and she keeps trying to quote me full game lines. I've never had a wager wrong at readback, ever, over the phone at any other book.

I'm trying to get fedex fees covered on a (5-figure) cashier's check. They ask me for a scan of the receipt, which is pretty lame anyway. I send it. The moron writes me back and says she needs a better scan because she can't read the address.. depsite the fact that it and the amount are clearly visible- after I write back "ma'am, I appreciate you protecting the book's security, but I believe that once you look again, you'll find the information you're looking for", only a little less politely, it was credited.

And cris wasn't actually doing transfers to wwts or cascade in 12/2008.

Basically you just have a lot of really stupid people working there- sometimes they can't answer simple questions or do simple tasks, and other times they don't know enough to instantly kick the issue up to somebody with a clue as soon as they get off-script.

Read the forums too, one recently where the guy was spending months trying to get help tracking down a wire that was never sent.
    ooooook... thx a LOT tom... ok let's get started...

On the teaser thingie... I would need the acc number to check on that... I am not asking you to give it through the forum (DUH)... But yes... we are trying to stop having the customers bouncing from department to another that is anoying... it just pisses the customer more and more...

Limits are stated once you log in on House limits... if you see that there is a limit that does not seem to be working as the site states, we can ask Wagering to check which is the actual limit for the event.

Regarding the Cascade issue, I posted an update list, and we are transferring to them... but we are not able to confirm that they are transferring to us.

That 7-10 business day waiting period, is standard for all payouts. We are not able to state when will it arrive, that is why we have this

Regarding the readback... that is one strong issue... I would suggest that you ask for a double confirmation or ask readbacks from a supervisor...

Fees on checks can only be confirmed once the receipt is crystal clear... I would suggest scanning the thing or taking a digital picture... faxes just suck

Regarding the fact that you state that of our clerks... we constantly monitor them (me being one of them) closely... I would love to help you out when you log to the chat

Once again, thx a lot for the feed back
    Last edited by Fizzz; 02-27-09 at 01:12 PM.

durito
    escarabajo negro

You are willing to transfer customers funds to a book (cascade) that hasn't paid anyone in over 2 years and that owes players 2million dollars?

As for the rest of those, anyone that has played at bookmaker/dsi for a while will have a similar list.

Fizzz

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    You are willing to transfer customers funds to a book (cascade) that hasn't paid anyone in over 2 years and that owes players 2million dollars?

As for the rest of those, anyone that has played at bookmaker/dsi for a while will have a similar list.

We only offer the option to the customer... that is all...
    And what do you mean with the last sentence?

tomcowley

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzz View Post
    ooooook... thx a LOT tom... ok let's get started...

On the teaser thingie... I would beed the acc number to check on that... I am not asking you to give it through the forum (DUH)... But yes... we are trying to stop having the customers bouncing from department to another that is anoying... it just pisses the customer more and more...
    It's fixed.

Limits are stated once you log in on House limits... if you see that there is a limit that does not seem to be working as the site states, we can ask Wagering to check which is the actual limit for the event.
    Here, this is a perfect example of cris cs bullshit. I ask what limits are and tell you house limits (the webpage) is wrong. You tell me it's under house limits- a script response when you didn't actually read what I wrote. Here's how it's supposed to work. I tell you your webpage is ****ed up. YOU might ask me for a specific example (here's a bone, NBA MLs). Now you see I'm not full of shit and YOU go figure out the rest of the problems and YOU go get the webpage fixed (or the limits adjusted).

Regarding the Cascade issue, I posted an update list, and we are transferring to them... but we are not able to confirm that they are transferring to us.
    Yeah. Sure. You're transferring to a book that hasn't paid a penny in years. When somebody tells you you're wrong, bump it to somebody with a clue. I'll be shocked if you've done a single transfer to cascade in the last 6 months, and if you did, that person should report to the CR police for stealing that player's money.

That 7-10 business day waiting period, is standard for all payouts. We are not able to state when will it arrive, that is why we have this
    Again, you didn't even read what I wrote. I wasn't complaining about the general timeframe. I was complaining that CS couldn't tell me that my wire had been sent 2 days ago (and told me it hadn't been sent).

Fees on checks can only be confirmed once the receipt is crystal clear... I would suggest scanning the thing or taking a digital picture... faxes just suck
    Again, you're giving script responses to non-script things. It WAS a digital picture. It WAS readable, and it DID get credited without me having to send another copy. Maybe somebody who could read the big E on the eye chart looked at it the second time.
    Last edited by tomcowley; 02-22-09 at 11:55 AM.

SlappyWhite
    SlappyWhite's Avatar Become A Pro!

B at best, they limited me fast.

cinpls081
    cinpls081's Avatar Become A Pro!

LIMITS are horrible(non major events) at this place customer service is rude and payouts are slow. Money is safe no doubt at least it has been with me but 20 cent lines all over the place. Lines stink also soccer lines are pathetic.

I would grade them an A of safeness and limits with major events but F for smaller market games and D for customer service.

I don't bet major events so to me they are almost useless.

Reggie Dunlop
    Reggie Dunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shitty customer service reps. I would give BM a C rating for that alone.

Reggie Dunlop

And get rid of that flash bullshit all over your website. Like "please wait we are running security checks". Site takes too long to load, logs you out super fast. I hate your site in general.

Reggie Dunlop

A couple of examples of your lying shitty CS reps. Your site on the front page plainly says 20% bonus for new accounts. I deposited and ask for a bonus and the asshole tells me it is only 10%. I had to argue with this dickhead for a few minutes and he had to ask his supervisor if I can get the 20%. It plainly said it on your front page! I also had an incident with **. I got the name of the receiver from your rep sent the money. I call back, and they have never heard of that receiver. I had to go though the trouble of calling ** and getting it changed. Like I said your CS reps suck balls. I would like to strangle the one's I dealt with.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

I am not here to grade BookMaker... just need some pointers as to why I see that our Customer Service suck to so many players
    Fizz, I've been associated with the BetCris family of books for a decade now, and defintely would give an 'A' grade. I've never had a problem with payouts, which is obviously extremely important.

However, what has always baffled me are the outrageous book to book transfer fees. Unless there has been a major overhaul, I can recall having to shell out something like $200 to move coin to another book. The transfer option is handy of course, but the fees are just something that is hard to accept in light of the fact that many other books do it for free. I've not done a b2b now for ages, so maybe this issue is a thing of the past, but I felt it was worth noting.

Anyway, apologies if this has been stated elsewhere. Took only a quick glance through the thread so it may have already been addressed.

billmunny
    billmunny's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact that I can't get bookmaker to stop calling me and mailing me things is enough to prevent me from depositing there again, as long as there are comparable books out there that meet my needs while leaving me feeling secure about my money.

I've asked to be removed from the mailing list multiple times. CS told me it was done. It was not. I understand the need to advertise and to get people to deposit/stay loyal to your book, but this just drives people away. And-- if you're not going to remove me from your mailing list, at the very least don't lie to me and say that you are.

Fizzz

Sometimes, when you post the request, merchandise, adds, flyers or stuff like this was already on the way...

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I like Bookmaker. I play there a lot. That said... I hate 30-cent lines on props. And the crazy lines on soccer. I don't even check soccer there anymore when shopping.

tomcowley

Bookmaker is known to cold-call and mail after over 10 leave me the **** alone requests. I think I've figured about half of the lower-level CS issues- you have absolutely no idea how ****ed up your higher-level customer interactions really are, and you generally refuse to believe that things aren't working as you've been told they work, or how you would expect them to work (properly), and that there really are frequent problems with things above your head.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The only other A book I like beside Betjam.

billmunny
    billmunny's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sometimes, when you post the request, merchandise, adds, flyers or stuff like this was already on the way...
    It's been well over two months since my last request-- and I'm still getting calls and mailings. My last deposit went elsewhere. My baseball money probably will as well.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

No doubt they are an A book, along with BetJam they are the best books that take US players

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

!!#$@#%&^!!

WTF MAN???!!

are you out of your mind? why would you even offer that option? if not just for the sake of the poor customer and/or cs who just happens to type in the wrong book name in the transfer request??

**basically, this is akin to going into an elevator w/ buttons marked for the lobby, floors 1-4, and another button marked "PLUMMET AND CRASH!" now, i know i'm unlikely to ever press the plummet button except by mistake, but just the fact that button exists scares the crap out of me. b/c there is no logical reason for that particular button's existence in the first place!

see things like that just make no logical sense from a cs pt of view..

and i know you guys don't set the xfer fees but express it to management that 100 per xfer is outrageous! 35-50$ would prolly be more optimal

additionally, why is it that you guys only offer bonuses on **/** deposits, but NOT for book to book xfer deposits? you do realize that **/** actually costs money for the house while book to book xfers does not...
    Last edited by trixtrix; 02-23-09 at 07:27 AM.

cinpls081
    cinpls081's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    A.

The single most important factor is safety of your money. It's safe there.

Its CS could use a little work, but safety and high limits make this mandatory for any pro player.

Justin how in the world can you give them an A? A little later you write there lines stink. A book can't be an A when it charges 20 cents for baseball and has the worst soccer lines on the planet.

Customer service SUCKS last week there was a game I wanted to bet I called to put 1000 on my credit card. So the guy says that dept is busy but he will make sure its put into my acct within 5 mins. The only reason I called on the phone was b/c you can only put 500 in online....Anyways after 30 mins I call back and get the rudest c/s rep on the phone...meanwhile I have to leave my house for dinner but there was a game I want to bet (friday night) I wait and he come back and tells me MY CARD was rejected. So I say let me talk to the credit card dept. In the meantime while I'm online I put though my credit card online. TWICE!!!! The idiot come back on to tell me to call back in an hour!! WTF

Anyways by the time I go through all of this I lose my line It moved 10 cents on the ML.

What a joke this place is NO WAY AN A. Sportsbook.com is better

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by cinpls081 View Post
    What a joke this place is NO WAY AN A. Sportsbook.com is better
    Money outright stolen from players:

Bookmaker group: $0

Sportsbook.com group: A few million $

Yes, it's far easier to win at sportsbook.com, but when you win at Bookmaker they actually pay you. Sharp lines should not factor into the grading process otherwise pinnacle would be an F and SIA would be A+.

12 Last