MVM
    MVM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook alternative

hi, I'm a resident of the United States and was shut out of matchbook earlier this year. the site was great & not having it is costing me money. does anyone know of a similar website that's reliable and accepts US residents?

Thanks for any input

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

I think BetMaker is your only option but it appears to be rather a poor man's version of the Matchbook you knew

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I think BetMaker is your only option but it appears to be rather a poor man's version of the Matchbook you knew

at least they offer ncaab.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

matchbook is less active on usa sports... often cant get action even on good prices. it's a pity.

how's matchbook for soccer?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

Quote Originally Posted by lukahh View Post
    matchbook is less active on usa sports... often cant get action even on good prices. it's a pity.

how's matchbook for soccer?
    haven't done any soccer betting at MB .. doubt they would be up to Betfair, Pinnacle, SBO and 188, esp. for AH

I have found them to be quite competitive on occasions for tennis and they remain super competitive on all the US pro sports. But as they no longer cater to US customers they don't bother with college sports as few punters in the rest of the world have any interest in it.

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

and of course no backup to anything...same song and dance.

MVM
    MVM's Avatar Become A Pro!

has anyone heard anything negative on 'betmaker'? i trusted matchbook b/c wsex owed them but i'm afraid to put serious funds elsewhere.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

in regards to Betmaker, their customer service is horrendous! I have sent several emails and they have not responded. It's been over 4 days! Their live-chat is bogus. Not a good sign when you can't get a hold of anyone...

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29862

I've been with betmaker for about 3 months. After missing matchbook so much, I was happy to find another exchange. I wish it was busier than it is, but overall it has what i've been looking for since losing matchbook. I like it a lot for my betting strategies.

While I've never had a reason to email them, I've found chat to be quite helpful and responsive. I haven't had any serious or complicated problems, so I can't judge their response to a "crisis".

I was able to fund my acct with no fee at either end with a transfer from DSI. From what I've read here, the cost of deposits and withdraws is high. I think they might get more people to try them if they lowered those costs.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

I have found they don't always answer my emails myself, however I have found it is best to call them with any questions and they have been very friendly and helpful.

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    I've been with betmaker for about 3 months. After missing matchbook so much, I was happy to find another exchange. I wish it was busier than it is, but overall it has what i've been looking for since losing matchbook. I like it a lot for my betting strategies.

While I've never had a reason to email them, I've found chat to be quite helpful and responsive. I haven't had any serious or complicated problems, so I can't judge their response to a "crisis".

I was able to fund my acct with no fee at either end with a transfer from DSI. From what I've read here, the cost of deposits and withdraws is high. I think they might get more people to try them if they lowered those costs.
    It sucks having to pay outrageous fees to get your money. It's a rip off. I could understand if they charged maybe $5, which is still alot but $80 to get $300 out is crazy which is what some places charge.