lovetobet
    lovetobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2200

BoDog, Bookmaker or Legend

I'm going to open a SBR Pro account thus need to open an account with a new book.

I'm at 5Dimes now and like them want zero/minimal risk of payout or other issues with the new book and they have to take US players.

As I see it the list is short:

Bodog, Bookmaker or Legend.

These all seem solid, anyone think otherwise?

Also anyone have an opinion about one of these books being more square or sharp than 5D. I'd like to get some variance on my lines if possible thus being able to shop for the best line.

Any of these offer good live lines? 5D sucks with live lines and I miss MB for this, used to hammer home some nice money this way, although some of that was from morons on the other end .

Other considerations, free payout (once a month is fine) and CC deposit would be nice but these would be at the bottom of the list of importance.

Really appreciate all and any insight.
    Last edited by lovetobet; 12-27-11 at 03:01 AM.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Variance from 5D line? In this order:

- BoDog
    - Legends
    - Bookmaker

lovetobet

Just coming back to post it looks like BoDog is having issues, which I don't want any part of. That sucks they would have the biggest variance, Dammit.

How is Legends on my other criteria?

As much as I'd like variance on my lines, better live bets, free payouts. WHAT I WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IS NO BS, SLOW PAYOUTS OR ANY OTHER CRAP LIKE WSEX OR OTHER BOOKS HAVE PULLED. NO DRAMA BOOK, NO HASTLES, NO EXCUSES. Exactly what 5D has been.

Oh by the way, thanks for chiming in Patrick, you Irish (obviously) but I mean from Ireland Irish?

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Legends might as well take whatever bonus they offer and try them out for now. I don't find much value there too often but they'll pay fast enough. The other two sites - payouts are slower now than in the past but I don't suspect you need to worry too much about it. Try legends for a bit though and then bump this thread asking about the other two later, because I think these other two are better options.

Bodog (now Bovada) you'll be able to place your first 2 or 3 bets on square lines. After that there are still plenty of soft spots and the best option of the three to shop against 5dimes.

Bookmaker - must have come March if you're betting college basketball that month. You can find huge middles against 5dimes on the openers but need to be watching and pull the trigger fast. Same for football even more so in the second half of the season for both NFL and NCAA watching openers between the two sites Bookmaker becomes a must have. I have access to Pinnacle too (non US) and still a large number of the openers I bet are at Bookmaker. Also when you first start Bookmaker has 20% free play reloads twice a week (eventually can't keep these unless losing or playing small but in the early stages this is a nice addition.

Some additional options: JustBet and YouWager both underrated recreational books you should at the very least hit up for bonuses. Payout complaints appear quite rare with both and each company has reps hanging around on forums to address any concerns.

lovetobet

Hey Prop, thanks man, this is the type of info. I was looking for very much appreciated. For now I think I will roll with Legends as you indicated and keep and eye on the Bodog situation moving forward, technically need to open a 3rd account anyway, so when/if the Bodog situation clears up I'll open an account there also.

When you say, "you'll be able to place your first 2 or 3 bets on square lines" do you mean if they see you are sharp they will give you different lines or were you indicating something else?
    Thanks again for the time and information

lovetobet

Hey Prop, just a heads up I was trying to throw a few points your way but it's saying you can't receive points, not sure why (maybe cuz you're a Pro??)? But was trying to say thank you, so thank you!!

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

seems bodog has many issues since chnging to bovada

prop

No problem, not sure why I can't recieve points but I never use them anyways so no worries. Re: bodog they deal very square lines when accounts first join, but then catch on fast if someone is always betting the sharp side. A few straight bets on the side benefiting from their shade and they'll switch you to the normal odds. First few bets have extra value though for this reason and even after moving you to standard odds there are still plenty of soft spots.

lovetobet

Cool, thanks for the clarification. Hell man you have enough points to get a couple $50 gift cards to Toys R Us, have kids, makem happy

lovetobet

Looking to do my deposit with Legends and trying to figure if I should use Net Teller or Skrill? Never used either. Have used Mny Grm and my Vsa card for recent deposits.

Anyone have an opinion? Any difference for getting paid?

BodogBecky
    BodogBecky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey guys,

Just to clarify the Bodog/Bovada situation, Bovada.LV is the new domain used by Morris Mohawk Gaming Group (MMGG) now that their license to use the Bodog brand has expired. There are still a number of bodog licensed operators still in operation including Bodog.co.uk, Bodog.ca and Bodog88.com. More at BodogBrand.com if interested!

Thanks,
    Becky

Bovada Service
    bovada
    Bovada Service's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11289

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    seems bodog has many issues since chnging to bovada
    Hello! Just to note, the issues we experienced in the poker room yesterday were fully resolved in short order. Change like this will always involve a few bumps along the way, but we're working hard to ensure that our players receive the same reliable gaming experience they're used to.

prop

The last two posts in this thread appear to have come from low functionality customer support bots, as both responses are incredibly irrelevant to this thread. I'm sure upper management passes on the bong every few rotations in order to have time to admire the fine work you both do here on forums.

lovetobet

Hey Prop well said. BoDog folks, the problem is with all the payout issues I've read about lately, even if you guys were more likely to have lines I'm looking for, there's no way I'd put my money with you when I have other options with no issues.

Thus you lost out on my business, at least for now and my money is now in with Legends. The types of issues you guys are/were experiencing matter to those of us paying attention that don't want BS problems when it comes time to get our $$.

There's a reason my money is now with 5Dimes and Legends.

lovetobet

An update for anyone keeping an eye on this thread and to Prop for helping.

I opened an account with Legends and funded it. Everything went smooth except I didn't realize their customer service closes really early for people on the Left Coast so I sent money last night and wasn't able to confirm till this morning. However I contacted them this morning and they had the funds in my account in less than 20 minutes with both bonuses I'd requested (30% in total bonuses, not bad) and covered my fees on the funding.

So far so good. Forgot how nice it is to have 2 books, just been lazy after all the crap with MB and WSEX but that was dumb and lazy on my part and it's already paying off today and have gotten a couple nicer lines, I'm a happy camper.

Thanks to those that added input, as always much appreciated