cristianbet
    cristianbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

any other problems with this bookie?

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

They steal money from a friend of mine. Poker-cashback. They stole about 1100euro. thats sucks...

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I just read this topic, and a few things to add...

First, if you have a problem with a bookmaker, DON'T try to generate expenses for them by asking others to click on their links, DON'T ask your lawyer to contact them immediately, DON'T file an SBR complaint, DON'T contact LGA - if only a few days passed since your problem. Every step has it's own time....
    First try to solve the problem with the bookmaker - contact them numerous times, the best choice is phone or live chat - most of the cases can be solved by communication.
    After a 2-3 weeks, try to contact them again, and mention, if the case won't be solved soon, you will contact SBR with a complaint (tho in this case, If I know well, Unibet is not communicating with SBR at all). If still nothing, after abt 3 weeks, file an SBR complaint...if this won't work too, the lawyer and LGA should be your last option (as a haily mary pass - nothing more)....

A bookmaker usually won't handle your case nicely, if you instantly "attack them", before trying to deal with them professionally. As bettors, betting offices (CS) can make mistakes too - but usually these are correctable.

Yes, Unibet is known in Europe as a professional bookmaker - still, they very often close accounts for interesting reasons (tho most cases - just like this - can be solved by completing a very tough verification process), and their email support is one of the worst IMHO...

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

They also improved their (moneybookers) outpayment speed in the recent years (6-48 hours), which was very slow years ago...(72+ hours)
    Nowadays I bet with them sometimes (and often play on Supertoto), and I didn't encounter any problems with Unibet....

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

I am playing with them for quite some time. except for low limits (but you can bet again and again if the odds change) I would rate them quite high

MMM
    MMM's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know a guy who works for them and he told me they have problems with bonus frauds and duplicate accounts, especially from Eastern European customers. Their fraud department is understaffed and that is why it sometimes takes too long to get accounts verified.

Having said that, they have a very strong reputation in Scandinavian countries. I really dont think they delay payouts or ask for more documents to annoy the customers.

DIF
    DIF's Avatar Become A Pro!

MMM Im from scandinavia, and they still steal money for poker rake-back. What worse. They just ignore it when they complete wrong.

They thieves IMO.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, all this 2nd hand experiences from friends are very questionable in my opnion.

Unibet limit me now after 4 years without a limit, in my opinion Unibet is still one of the best european books

DearDiarrhee
    DearDiarrhee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well I made an account with Unibet and I compared my limits with other users. My account it's limited to 33% from the start.
    maybe it's some regional thing or maybe bookies have all a black list like banks do regarding creditors

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by DIF View Post
    MMM Im from scandinavia, and they still steal money for poker rake-back. What worse. They just ignore it when they complete wrong.

They thieves IMO.
    I figure you are from Stockholm considering your nick name.

I dont play poker so I cannot comment on your allegations. What do you mean by "steal money for poker rake-back"? Do you have any other sources than yourself?

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by DearDiarrhee View Post
    Well I made an account with Unibet and I compared my limits with other users. My account it's limited to 33% from the start.
    maybe it's some regional thing or maybe bookies have all a black list like banks do regarding creditors
    Regional thing, most likely. If you were on some black list, you wouldnt be able to bet 33%.

I think most EU bookmakers have developed a distaste for customers from Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Ukraine etc.
    I think UK bookmakers have developed a distaste for any customer who is not from the British Isles or has an IQ over 100.
    Last edited by MMM; 04-24-09 at 03:24 PM.

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    Regional thing, most likely. If you were on some black list, you wouldnt be able to bet 33%.

I think most EU bookmakers have developed a distaste for customers from Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Ukraine etc.
    I think UK bookmakers have developed a distaste for any customer who is not from the British Isles or has an IQ over 100.
    correct lol

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't insisted people phone in to join - if you can use two syllable words they can put you on the 1% limits.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a luck unibet estimate my IQ under 100 the last years.

I hope all other books do the same

First 12