jones24
    jones24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

Does your bank charge you .......

when you transfer money from your moneybookers to bank account?

Hi i'm in singapore and using dbs/posb bank account. Well apparently MB uses ITT or inward telegraphic transfer service to transfer money from it to my bank account. I get charged a fee 3 dollar and few cents SGD for withdrawing money and my bank charges me 10 freaking bucks for ITT transfer which is calls a service charge.

I'm obviously pissed cos that's a lot of money to be charging 10 freaking bucks just to receive money from MB.

I'm just curious about you guys the world over. Does MB use ITT to transfer to your bank a/c and more importantly do you get charged by your bank when you receive money from MB?

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

the bank charges a service fee, in my case my bank charge me $35 USD for each transfer received.

Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    when you transfer money from your moneybookers to bank account?

Hi i'm in singapore and using dbs/posb bank account. Well apparently MB uses ITT or inward telegraphic transfer service to transfer money from it to my bank account. I get charged a fee 3 dollar and few cents SGD for withdrawing money and my bank charges me 10 freaking bucks for ITT transfer which is calls a service charge.

I'm obviously pissed cos that's a lot of money to be charging 10 freaking bucks just to receive money from MB.

I'm just curious about you guys the world over. Does MB use ITT to transfer to your bank a/c and more importantly do you get charged by your bank when you receive money from MB?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

In the UK you can transfer upto GBP 5,000 instantly and it is completely free of charge to deposit funds into moneybookers.

To withdraw from Moneybookers there is a fee of GBP 1.60 applied by moneybookers but it is free from bank fees.
    Last edited by FourLengthsClear; 12-19-11 at 08:52 AM.

jones24

Quote Originally Posted by davidchong View Post
    the bank charges a service fee, in my case my bank charge me $35 USD for each transfer received.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    In the UK you can transfer upto GBP 5,000 instantly and it is completely free of charge to deposit funds into moneybookers. To withdraw from Moneybookers there is a fee of GBP 1.60 applied by moneybookers but it is free from bank fees.

wow thanks for this info guys. From the feedback i'm getting it seems that US banks charge sky high charges like 35USD while for the banks in the UK it's free. The service charge from moneybookers isn't that high and it's understandable as they are the ones storing the money and they are sending it.

I suppose since MB is located in the UK there's not much problems transferring to UK banks i suppose that's why UK banks don't impose charges. Is that correct FourLengthsClear?

35USD is plain daylight robbery and i'm surprised that in this day and age where information can be passed so easily that it's so difficult to do a transfer of funds from one country to the next.

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

My bank charges me $14 for the incoming wire transfer from Moneybookers.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    wow thanks for this info guys. From the feedback i'm getting it seems that US banks charge sky high charges like 35USD while for the banks in the UK it's free. The service charge from moneybookers isn't that high and it's understandable as they are the ones storing the money and they are sending it.

I suppose since MB is located in the UK there's not much problems transferring to UK banks i suppose that's why UK banks don't impose charges. Is that correct FourLengthsClear?

35USD is plain daylight robbery and i'm surprised that in this day and age where information can be passed so easily that it's so difficult to do a transfer of funds from one country to the next.
    I would guess so but I would be surprised if Moneybookers didn't also have bank accounts in other countries where they have a big number of customers.

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

yes,my bank charges me 7 EUR every time i withdraw money from moneybookers to my bank account

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

My bank in Aus has never charged me for a deposit coming in from Moneybookers.

They used to charge me when I used Neteller ... one of the reasons I switched exclusively to MB.

jones24

Quote Originally Posted by pellumb341 View Post
    yes,my bank charges me 7 EUR every time i withdraw money from moneybookers to my bank account
    Which EU country are you in?

jones24

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    My bank in Aus has never charged me for a deposit coming in from Moneybookers. They used to charge me when I used Neteller ... one of the reasons I switched exclusively to MB.
    Wow that's cool and UK and AUS are so far apart. I wonder if MB has a list of countries that don't charge when they receive funds from MB.

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

Albania

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Moneybookers charges 1.80€ for the wire, but Euro currency wires have no fees between any 2 european €-currency accounts. They wire their € transfers from German bank account and I usually receive the funds in only 1-2 banking days.

Wires are pretty much the best and safest way to move around larger amounts money in Euro area nowdays. Pretty fast and no fees at all. Wish more offshore books had Euro accounts, but Skrill/MB is pretty decent man-in-the-middle to do the wires through.
    Last edited by juuso; 12-19-11 at 07:54 PM.

jones24

So i suppose the charges are dependent on the bank you are using rather than the country you are in?

I suppose the charges i get of 10SGD are rather on the low side i suppose since some get charged 7euro and one got charged 35USD and that's really high so ppl with US bank accounts get charged the most i guess.

davidchong

yes, its a charge called "service bank"

jones24

Quote Originally Posted by davidchong View Post
    yes, its a charge called "service bank"

But 35 USD for such a charge seems really really high.

davidchong

that is with few banks, the others charge between 60-70, because the others is a obligation to add a intermediary bank, if not they return the wire, Not the best for us to use moneybookers for receive money, except receiving more than 10,000 USD.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

If my bank charged me a penny, i would take my money to another bank and they wouldnt like that