durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

BetOnline is a scam

Not that this is news to most people here.

But, this book should not be trusted at all. SBR looks poor when they rate this place A-.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scam is a harsh word. I've been paid by them everytime. Though typically not in my preferred method. And their policy on bonii is outlandish bordering on WagerWeb-esque.

durito
    escarabajo negro

You are right. I should have waited on this thread and labeled it differently.

Nevertheless, this book should be downgraded.

They've locked me out of my account entirely at the moment.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

I never did trust them. Made a post months ago about this. The connection to BetOnSports.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

They all are to some extent.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Someone can please change the title of my thread to BetOnline should be downgraded.

Same reasons as discussed here many times recently. They've made it every increasingly difficult to finish their rollover (which is higher than should be per their ridiculous rule).

I tried placing a bet yesterday and the delay was so long it timed me out of my account. Only thing I could bet without delay was props, so they cut those to $25 limits.

Sent an email requesting a solution and they've locked me out of my account.

durito
    escarabajo negro

They may pay everyone eventually, but this is a place with serious issues. I think we all knew this to begin with, but SBR cannot continue to grade this place one step below books like Matchbook.

You cannot be a recreational book and take $3,000 on NBA 2nd half totals.

You cannot be a recreational book and take $2,000 on -105/-105 on anything.

You cannot be A- when you continually look for ways to get over on winning players.

You cannot be A- when you take Neteller deposits but refuse to pay out the same way.

AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

Durito...you probably wont find much help from SBR on this one. There have been alot of complaints from this book yet SBR still has them rated A- and even had them as a contest sponser not too long ago.

Bill knows who he gets checks from (Betonline) being one of them.

durito
    escarabajo negro

AAO-

I know. Nothing in here is new info. They've been doing this to people for months. Katsdale has reported it many times. Justin7 has written an opinion disagreeing with SBR on this book. I mostly stayed quiet hoping to get through my rollover eventually and move on from this book. Today they pushed me over the top.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Update:

The thread title is correct.

BetOnline has decided at 85% of the way through my rollover to close my account, and steal $7,000 from me.

Is there anyway to submit a complaint and have it for sure go to Justin7?

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doesn't matter how much they directly put into SBR's pocket, this book is still a crock.

Sorry about your confescation.

ATB515
    ATB515's Avatar Become A Pro!

well thats sucks because I just opened an account with them yesterday.
    Last edited by ATB515; 02-08-09 at 04:35 PM.

durito
    escarabajo negro

I've submitted a complaint. My first ever, believe it or not.

They've just called me back and said someone will be reviewing the tape of my phone call in the morning and get back to me. This is despite the managers insistence that this decision was final.

As far as I can tell their math is to remove the free play ($4,500) and the winnings from the free play ($2,650) from my balance and send me the rest.

Which of course is ridiculous by any way you look at it. This free play was given 6 months ago.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hope things work out for you durito.

I'm glad I waited with this book. I remember Justin's opinion (not agreeing with SBR) and in retrospect this book was given the green light much too fast.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Assuming you are playing under the current terms and you are 70% through the rollover, then your would get 70% of the winnings. We have your email but it sounds like you can expect a mgr to break it down for you correctly on Monday.

durito
    escarabajo negro

I believe I am around 82% of the way through their non-industry standard rollover -- I'm not sure exactly, I'm not very good at "Panamanian Math". That would be about 93% of a normal 8x rollover.

Their current position is to confiscate $7,150 which is the free play + winnings. Which is absurd. Even if they were valid in taking away the bonus, you would just take the winnings, not the lost free play amount. This amounts to 46.3% of the total winnings on the account.

If they want to take 20% of the free play winnings ($530) fine, that's not right, but I'd rather have my money than keep it with these people.

I should add that the only reason I was called back and informed by the manager that someone else would review the tape was because I told them I would be calling Bill immediately. If I had not know about SBR, I'd have been shit out luck.

Thremp

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Assuming you are playing under the current terms and you are 70% through the rollover, then your would get 70% of the winnings. We have your email but it sounds like you can expect a mgr to break it down for you correctly on Monday.

Bill,

This is bullshit. Why don't they just close the accounts of everyone who wins with their freeplays?

Thremp

Durito,

They want to take freeplay dollars out of your actual dollars?

If so, that is exactly like WagerWeb.

PS: BetOnline risk manages like a sex addict trapped in a AIDs ward.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Thremp-

The $4,500 free play was used in September resulting in $2,650 in wins. They now state my account is closed and they will only pay out my cash balance minus $7,150 (the September free play + winnings from it)

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

So, two possibles:

a) you win, and they close your account, revoke the bonus and steal as much as they think they can get away with.

b) you lose, and they're quite happy

Seriously, an A rated book? This is D behaviour at best.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

This is ridiculous at any level, let alone a book that inexplicably is in the High rent rated district of SBR. I was first exposed to their Mickey Mouse type behaviour 3 years ago, but nothing to this degree. Not even remotely close. Durito, I'm of the belief that this will be worked out with hopefully the only negative (Or positive as the case may be)being that others read this thread and realize that this is not a Top Tier book. Not now and not in the past.

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

His limits were reduced 100%, so his remaining rollover should be reduced 100%, so he should be paid in full. Prorating it in cases where the book unilaterally chooses not to do business with the player is not fair. I realize that prorating has been your solution in the past, but you should reconsider that. It lets books take shots, as Thremp noted. The player would have completed rollover, and the book simply said Uncle before he could finish, which is fine, but then for them to make a claim on his freeplay winnings (*), as though the player did something wrong in not completing rollover, is just silly.

(*) Furthermore, their practice of deducting freeplay amount + freeplay winnings is absolutely, completely beyond ridiculous, and this isn't the first time they've done it. That shit has to stop immediately.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: goombah

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

As the economic crisis starts to cut deeper we are bound to find out that thugs will be thugs. If there's even the slightest red flag, stay away.

Unfortunately, in some cases, SBR ratings are too positive. This book was given a high rating FAST, but based on their experience; not necessarily their integrity. Let books earn their ratings, rather than be awarded them.

(As to the economy. It is not unthinkable that a book has invested your money in the market ... And lost big).
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 02-08-09 at 03:40 PM.

TLD
    TLD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like out-and-out thievery. And I also agree with tomcowley that the SBR-preferred compromise is better but still not fair.

Sounds like a book to stay far away from. Thanks for posting.

Not that any of it surprises me any more. I think the industry is still in the toilet since all the bullshit that took away so much of their square U.S. customer base. As a result, great books are behaving like good books, good books are behaving like borderline books, and borderline books have joined the ranks of outright thieves. Everyone’s desperate, and desperation doesn’t bring out the best in people.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok, u know i am late in here (been tracking flu nba games), but i will now explain to you whats gonna happen.

You're experiencing Panamanian extortion. They offer to steal some of your winnings/balance if you will agree to withdraw and keep what's left.

Then Bill/SBR will say "that sounds fair to me" and I can only assume another gratuity changes hands.

You will accept the extortion or try to spend the next year betting $100 a game to clear 50k in rollover.

They could not get away with this outrageous behavior without SBR's implicit help.

Snack chip, revise your complaint and ask bill for some KY. You are gonna need it my friend.

durito
    escarabajo negro

K-

Per my last phone call they would not even permit me to attempt to meet the rollover under any circumstances. I presume that position will change tomorrow. Maybe I'll fly over there tomorrow and demand my cash. lol

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    K-

Per my last phone call they would not even permit me to attempt to meet the rollover under any circumstances. I presume that position will change tomorrow. Maybe I'll fly over there tomorrow and demand my cash. lol
    You know that under Panamanian law only a Colombian can be a prostitute. Just wanted to remind you of that fact before you fly in...

Yes, Bill will intervene on your behalf and they will offer to let you wager out at small numbers with the huge delay. This is not unusual with them. It is SOP.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Colombian prostitutes in central america are obnoxious bitches. Much better to get them here.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thread title looks good to me. Scam.

SBR needs to stop sanctioning a free-shot book like that IMO. Get them outta here.

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fly over there and put a fukkin gun to someones head

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

This saddens me because I play with this book all the time and now I am very skeptical about doing so regardless if they do the right thing or not, because I don't want this kind of headache what so ever trying to rollover a freeplay.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    This saddens me because I play with this book all the time and now I am very skeptical about doing so regardless .....

Quite right too - if they can try this, your funds aren't safe.

Strongly advise anyone reading this thread to withdraw your balance, then email them and reference this thread. Let them know behaving like a scam book has consequences.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Seems the only people who agree with BetO's A- rating work for SBR

Conflictofinterest.com

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

This bonus policy lets Betonline freeroll players. If they are going to cut you off, the only effect of this freeplay is you get less when you cash out than if you took no bonus.

Their bonus rule in this case is abusive. I'd once again ask that Betonline take a close look at its rules, its business practices, and where it hopes to be in 5 years. Any book pulling this crap is bush league. I cannot recommend this book to anyone.

BetEd was just downgraded to a C+ due to its freeroll tactics. Betonline's practice is just as bad - if this dispute cannot be resolved, I'd once again vote to put them around a "C" rating.

1234 Last