hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have I gone complete retard?

<table class="linesTbl" summary="Pending transactions" width="100%" cellpadding="5"><tbody><tr class="linesAlt1"><td nowrap="nowrap">2:57pm 6-Dec-11</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">6-Dec-11</td> <td>Hockey
    Total Goals</td> <td>Away Goals/Home Goals (U 55.5) for Game.</td> <td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"> 1.862</td> <td nowrap="nowrap" align="right">267.00</td> <td nowrap="nowrap" align="right">-267.00</td></tr></tbody></table>

This was how my grand salami for NHL total goals in Regulation time and OT was settled at PInnacle. Is ESPN, TSN and Yahoo lying to me? The Shootout 'goal' is not included in this wager so the 3-2 outcome of Montreal vs Columbus only counts as 4 total goals since the 'extra' goal for 3-2 score was from the Shoot Out outcome.

I emailed them so I'll let you know when I hear back. If I have gone complete retard please let me know.

hels

RE: Would like clarification on bet 224664418-1 1 (CaseNumber-1640319_5)‏

Hi,

I placed a bet on Total Goals scored in NHL hockey for December 6. I bet that the total would be U55.5 goals scored. There were only 55 goals scored in regulation time and over-time. However, this bet was graded as a loss for me. I cannot understand why. Please look into this.

Thank you

<hr id="ecxstopSpelling">From: csd@pinnaclesports.com
    To: xxx@hotmail.com
    Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 22:58:29 -0800
    Subject: RE: Would like clarification on bet 224664418-1 1 (CaseNumber-1640319_5)

Dear Sir,

Please kindly provide us with the ticket number of the wager that you are referring to.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Department
    Pinnacle Sports

(CaseNumber-1640319_5)
    -----------------------------------------------------

To csd@pinnaclesports.com

I did, it is in the subject line of the email.

Here it is again: 224664418-1

<hr id="ecxstopSpelling">

leadfootfred
    leadfootfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

I count 56 goals... CBSSports and NHL.com

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I'm sure they will fix the error.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

man, if that's a half goal, that's a f\*\*k job

hels

Quote Originally Posted by leadfootfred View Post
    Did you count Montreal vs Columbus as 5 goals? The total goals scored was only 4. The game went into a shootout that is not included in total goals.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by leadfootfred View Post
    You're counting the shoot-out goal.

hels

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    I'm sure they will fix the error.
    So you agree U55.5 is the winning outcome?

ninja edit -- saw your post just above this one. Thank you

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

future attorneys don't use the word retard

hels

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    future attorneys don't use the word retard
    Good thing I'm never going to be an attorney.

hels

Dear Sir,

We apologize for the oversight.

Your grading question has been forwarded to our Grading team for review.

When the Grading team provides the required information to answer your question, we will advise you.

We apologize if there was an error and appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Department
    Pinnacle Sports

(CaseNumber-1640319_10)

leadfootfred
    leadfootfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

pretty sure the shootout goal counts, final score was 3-2, doesn't count all goals scored in a shootout but winner gets credited with one.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

I have never bet grand salami, so I'm not really familiar with the rules on this prop.

If it includes OT, I suspect it includes the shootout (relevant part of the rules copied and pasted):

If a line includes overtime, it will be clearly stated in the bet offer and clearly written on the ticket. Please check your ticket carefully.
    Penalty Shootouts are expressly considered part of overtime. If a Penalty Shootout is contested, the winner will be credited with an extra goal.
    Example: Dynamo and CSKA are tied 2-2 and proceed to a Shootout. Dynamo wins the Shootout. For our line matching "Dynamo including OT" vs "CSKA including OT", the final score for wagering purposes is Dynamo 3, CSKA 2.

It seems to contemplate that a shootout goal counts toward the total. The only difference is whether OT counts or not. I can't pull the GS prop up on Pinny to check that.

"Home Goals vs Away Goals" and Grand Salami: The "Home Goals vs Away Goals" and Grand Salami will be decided by the total goals scored in all games scheduled in the given league for the given day. All scheduled games must play three full periods. If any scheduled game is canceled or stopped before three full periods are played, all wagers on the "Home Goals vs Away Goals" and the Grand Salami will be canceled.

I think if you read the two rules together, shootout goal counts. Also, we always get the shootout goal toward the game total, so it makes sense to get it on GS prop too.

Sorry pal.

jonorussell
    jonorussell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I have always thought the shoot out goal counted.

hels

I've never read that before but I know in the past that 2-2 games that go into a shootout are still settled as U4.5

It makes no sense that the Shootout is deemed to equal 1 goal as technically no players are credited with scoring. And why the OU is settled one way and grand salami is settled differently. I guess I will learn.

Thanks for the post.

I'm off to bed and will update in the morning.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    I've never read that before but I know in the past that 2-2 games that go into a shootout are still settled as U4.5 It makes no sense that the Shootout is deemed to equal 1 goal as technically no players are credited with scoring. And why the OU is settled one way and grand salami is settled differently. I guess I will learn. Thanks for the post. I'm off to bed and will update in the morning.
    Pinny changed the rules a while back to have the default bet as regulation only, unless specified otherwise.

I suspect you are doing your OU wagering on regulation time. Pinny offers whichever you want. If 2-2 is u/4.5, you are clearly betting on regulation lines, as I've not seen a 4.5 line this year with OT included.

Presumably you don't get an option on GS and it lists OT. I dunno. Tough beat to get hooked following a 13 goal flames game.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

so you no longer want to be an attorney, your ghost did

hoop22
    hoop22's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

Just Blaze
    Just Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

I have been placing NHL bets at Pinny for several years now and have never seen a wager graded like you are saying it is. A 3-2 SO win is O4.5 with 5 total goals for grading purposes. It makes no sense that an OT included total could be graded as 2-2 when somebody has to win. By that logic all 2-2 games that go to shootouts should finish U5, which is never the case, and that's why they're almost always + money. Can't ever remember Pinny offering regulation totals.

And a 4.5 total is the standard intermission line for a 1-1 game going to the 3rd period, usually around -250 to -300 for the under.

SprayBoy
    SprayBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I'm sure it's been clarified for you by now, but in case not I'll chime in. I bet grand salami on pinny all the time, and SO finals count the last goal. Montreal/Columbus game for example had a total of 5 goals. If you ever drop the total down to O4.5 you can always hope for 2-2 as this guarantees a winning bet

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Justblaze on this one.