pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Book's Parlay Payout Seems Short

Im playing at a top rated book. I made a 2 teamer with a +100 and a -415...risking $230 to win ???

Before I post how much the book is stating I would win, I think my book is shorting me.

Can anyone post what I should be getting back if I win this wager?

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

to win 340.84

pokerplayer22

Thats exactly what I had it at. I had 230 to win 341.

My book is saying 230 to win 336.

I dont care about the 5 bucks but this kind of irritates me just based on principle. Are they doing this to everyone else? This is a highly rated book here at sbr.

Before I post who the book is, do you think I should just contact them? They may correct it in my acct but what about all other accts?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd suggest reading through the book's listed payoffs or asking CS. Recognize that parlay calcs you Google may have different payoffs.

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    I'd suggest reading through the book's listed payoffs or asking CS. Recognize that parlay calcs you Google may have different payoffs.
    Hey Lou, books dont list parlay payouts on their site for a -415 and a +100. All books should offer the same payout based on this wager.

pokerplayer22

And i dont need a parlay calc to figure this out. I can do it freehand. So i guess since I said it is a highly rated sbr book, you think its ok for them to steal???

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokerplayer22 View Post
    And i dont need a parlay calc to figure this out. I can do it freehand. So i guess since I said it is a highly rated sbr book, you think its ok for them to steal???
    Some books offer Vegas odds when a moneyline is thrown in. I'm not really able to help bud since you won't name the book - it's also something I'm sure CS would help ya out with.

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Some books offer Vegas odds when a moneyline is thrown in. I'm not really able to help bud since you won't name the book - it's also something I'm sure CS would help ya out with.
    I left a message for a manager to call me back. Will let you know what happens. I just want to give the book a chance to explain before i bash them

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Should be $340 or $341 - some shops just drop the pennies not round them. I've never heard of the term of Vegas odds before but doesn't surprise me if its a rule to cheat players that its called that, though I guess Costa Rica odds would works as a term too. Obviously bookies cheating naive players via fixed odds is a long running scam that predated offshore but is not exactly theft and is well known and can be looked out for.

When adding a moneyline to a parlay reverting to true odds is so well standard (even in Vegas) shaving in this spot (outside of rounding pennies) is much closer to the border of theft. Post the sites name - I'd sure like to know it and read their rules.

Also to be clear here: your ticket shows those two moneylines listed, is this correct?

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by prop View Post
    Should be $340 or $341 - some shops just drop the pennies not round them. I've never heard of the term of Vegas odds before but doesn't surprise me if its a rule to cheat players that its called that, though I guess Costa Rica odds would works as a term too. Obviously bookies cheating naive players via fixed odds is a long running scam that predated offshore but is not exactly theft and is well known and can be looked out for.

When adding a moneyline to a parlay reverting to true odds is so well standard (even in Vegas) shaving in this spot (outside of rounding pennies) is much closer to the border of theft. Post the sites name - I'd sure like to know it and read their rules.

Also to be clear here: your ticket shows those two moneylines listed, is this correct?

Here is the wager. It lost but like i said, its not the point. I did talk with the general manager (who was very nice) and is going to go through my acct wager by wager for the past 3 years and figure out how much ive been shorted. She is also going to look into their software and see what has been going on.

12/04/2011 1:00:31PM2425198EMYLES2 Team ParlayLostUSD 230.80/336.97-230.80358. Washington (Redskins)+3 +100350. Chicago (Bears)-415Lost(10-3)

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

If a book offers 2.6:1 on normal 2-teamers, that is less than true odds (which are about 2.64:1). You can get them back though-- these same books typically offer 6:1 on 3-teamers, which should be slightly less. Check out your payout on an ML parlay at that same book if you play 3 teams. If it is less also, I'd call foul.

appleman
    appleman's Avatar Become A Pro!

goodluck hitting parlays a book loves you for that