TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

VIPSports.eu Cancels Players Wager Dispute

I don't know if there was a thread made for this already? I noticed one of the top stories on the SBR news feed was this dispute. I'd just like to add that it's rather humorous that a book's defense claims there was steam on an NHL Play. All books are well aware they could get action hit rather hard on a side. Quite common in the NHL. I don't necessarily see how you could consider it steam though? If a book believes they can't handle NHL Lines... then they should pull it off the board. It's absolutely silly hearing a story like this. It just shows you can't trust VIPSports anymore.

I hope that player receives the win for the play he made.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It just shows you can't trust VIPSports anymore
    This is new company using the VIP Sports name deceptively. Old company no longer exists.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I believe it was resolved? That's a plus

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

According to the sbr homepage it reads his bet was for $400 but the players' limit was $60???? lol what a joke!! Enough said about this garbage book!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

An update was posted yesterday afternoon. Though the player's wager was cancelled and he was notified before the game started, VIPSports.eu decided to pay him out what his intended limits should have been. In other words, he got paid despite having no action.

Non-North American players will quickly find out that it's not a good shop to add to the bonus or steam chasing list. The player wanted to be credited with a full win after the fact but conceded that anything was better than nothing from a C-rated book. All in all, I'd say it was handled fairly.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

I keep getting emails from these guys saying it's the new VIP but I don't believe them. VIP was pretty risk averse but even they'd take more than $60.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    I keep getting emails from these guys saying it's the new VIP but I don't believe them. VIP was pretty risk averse but even they'd take more than $60.
    It's not the new VIP. The SBR reports explain the site's objective. Long story short: A former manager at VIP with an old customer database found a turnkey provider to set him up, and they're hitting the customer list they have hard.

Both VIPSports.Eu and GTBets.com have the same MO - capitalise off the VIP sports name. GTBets at least has the original software to complete the copycat look. Both shops are unrelated aside from that, though they share the same C rating.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Yeah I figured they were capitalizing off the VIP name. Was surprised they knew my VIP username but the former manager part explains it.