Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Lou just deleted my 5 Dimes thread.

I started a thread asking if anyone in the USA has received a payout since 10-17 from 5 Dimes using 2 specific withdrawal methods.

The thread has been up for weeks, and was providing valuable information.
    Several times in other threads, people had asked if 5 Dimes is safe, and were referred to the thread.

"Scooter: Is Lou available?

You are now speaking with Lou of PostingForum.
    Lou: How can I help you?
    Scooter: Lou - why did you delete the entire thread, which has been up for weeks and provided valuable information which provided much more reassurance to 5 Dimes customers than your posts assuring them that all is well? You could have just put *** for the funding methods.
    Lou: Please refer to the PM sent to you.
    Lou: Is there anything else I can help answer today?
    Scooter: Take a look at this link, Lou -[Link deleted by me].
    Scooter: Anyone can access this. It lists every funding method , including the ones in the thread.
    Scooter: Also, you did not answer my question. You could have simply used *** for the funding methods. There was no reason to delete the entire thread, which provided valuable and reassuring info.
    Lou: Correct --- that's not exposed within a public message-board. Forum policy is that posts/threads/comments containing processing information are taken down, either by ***'s you mention if it's a one-off or post removal. The thread in question was flagrant.
    Lou: You can re-make a thread without making mention of the multiple specific processing methods which you did in your thread title, if you like.
    Scooter: Put the thread back up, and put *** for the methods. Or I'll do it.
    Lou: Is there anything else I can help answer today?
    Scooter: Your rudeness is habitual and duly noted . Why are you not answering my question?
    Lou: I'm sorry, Scooter, but I've already explained both via the PM which was immediately sent to you after the post removal & here in this chat. If you have no unrelated questions, I will have to disconnect this chat to assist others.
    Your party has left this session."

Incidentally - whether one feels Lou is right or wrong about this absurd "policy" -

I'd like to note that I have yet to have a dealing with Lou where he has not been rude, curt, and discourteous.
    He is designated by SBR for some reason to deal with the public, yet he has no sense of how to do this, or he just doesn't care.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

dont post withdrawal methods on a public forum.. makes sense to me man.

-stash

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

He told you that you could re-post the thread leaving out the methods. Not sure what your complaint is.

erickvivar
    erickvivar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nope it doesnt. Simply put ****** on the methods and let it be.

Scooter

1) All of the funding methods are openly displayed by the book in question on their website and can be viewed by anyone.
    So nothing is being disclosed which is not readily available anyway.

2) There were specific problems with 3 specific Withdrawal methods.
    In this case, it was necessary to be specific for the thread to have any usefulness.

3) There was no need to delete the entire thread, which had information that many would and were finding useful.
    The thread had been up for about 2 weeks.
    The specific funding methods could have been replaced with ****.

4) Forums such as this exist because of posts by readers, which attract hits.
    It is time consuming to post, yet it was worth it to me because the info in the thread was valuable, to myself and to others.
    Wiping it out with an "FU" attitude is not conducive to encouraging further threads/posts.
    It is instead conducive to using other forums in the future to convey information.
    This is not beneficial, to either this website nor to readers of this website.

5) Lou's rudeness and lack of helpfulness is legendary, yet for reasons unknown SBR seems to increase his position and his (attempted and failed) interactions with the public.
    Last edited by Scooter; 11-22-11 at 05:59 PM.

pay on time
    pay on time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who is top man/women at sbr?

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Dude, last I checked Tony was god, not you.

"Put the thread back up, and put *** for the methods. Or I'll do it."

Lou should get a ton of credit because he didnt just bitchslap you right there.

Scooter, while I do agree with some of your points here, ultimately, it's not your call. If you want to make these decisions than I suggest you start your own forum. Even though you feel you are entitled to total democracy here, ultimately it's not. It's a business. A business that is walking a fine line on certain issues, especially the one in question (funding/processors).

With that said, Lou told you it's ok to start a new thread on the subject minus the sensitive info. You also created this thread bashing a Mod and it's still here. You also posted a private chat between you and the Mod and it's still here. Try doing that at any other forum and see what happens.

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status
    BiGTonyHAHA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 626

lou is just saving us from ppl like you. all the "scooters" in the world who think it is ok to post whatever you want freely whenever you want. when anybody at ANYTIME ANY GOVT agency can be scrolling around going hmmm... so and so offshore book sent method via so and so and the person recieved it says on there avatar that there from new york. interesting... you want to shoot your big mouth off go to covers because that forum is going to be the downfall of us all.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

Face it, Lou is the SBR Janitor. Anytime there is a mess to be cleaned up regarding an SBR sponsor, he gets the call. Mop up the 5D complaints, sweep the alleged BOL 65k poker theft under the rug...etc. Not his fault, just his job.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BiGTonyHAHA View Post
    lou is just saving us from ppl like you. all the "scooters" in the world who think it is ok to post whatever you want freely whenever you want. when anybody at ANYTIME ANY GOVT agency can be scrolling around going hmmm... so and so offshore book sent method via so and so and the person recieved it says on there avatar that there from new york. interesting... you want to shoot your big mouth off go to covers because that forum is going to be the downfall of us all.
    Are you joking? The government already knows how were sending money back and forth, hell it's even posted on the 5dimes website for all to see..

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

yea but thats not my point zsr... there is alot of offshore who posts that on there site that the govt cant do anything about. but what the govt can do as come after us and freeze everything we own... offshores will come and pop up with a different domain name... but joe shmoe is going to be indebted to the irs for playin some poker and sports games.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BiGTonyHAHA View Post
    yea but thats not my point zsr... there is alot of offshore who posts that on there site that the govt cant do anything about. but what the govt can do as come after us and freeze everything we own... offshores will come and pop up with a different domain name... but joe shmoe is going to be indebted to the irs for playin some poker and sports games.
    I don't think there's anyway to track where the people on the forum are from, but i do see your point. That's why nobody should be posting any personal info on a public forum.
    Last edited by zsr; 11-22-11 at 08:45 PM.

Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Dude, last I checked Tony was god, not you.

"Put the thread back up, and put *** for the methods. Or I'll do it."

Lou should get a ton of credit because he didnt just bitchslap you right there.
    It's clear that you misinterpreted what I was trying to convey.
    I was typing hurriedly, but reading it in your excerpt I can see how it could be misinterpreted.

What I was intending to convey, was:

"Put the thread back up, and put*** for the methods.
    Or I'll do it" - meaning "I'll replace the methods in the thread with *** if you put the thread back up".

(It was over 1 1/2 hours between my post you quoted above, and your post. Any mod can verify that I never reposted that thread nor attempted to).

BiGTonyHAHA clearly knuckledragged/drooled his way over here from Player's Talk.
    As can be seen from the multiple caps in his handle to his incoherent response to zsr in this thread, it would be a waste of time to attempt to communicate with him.

As zsr and I have mentioned, all of the Deposit/Withdrawal methods, as well as specifics, are available on this book's website for anyone to access.
    So it's foolish to use that as a reason for thread deletion.
    And even doing so foolishly, it was only necessary to replace the methods named with ***.
    Deleting the entire thread and therefore all of the info it contained was totally unnecessary.
    Last edited by Scooter; 11-22-11 at 08:43 PM.

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

no sarcasm aside... you got me there scooter. i did drag my way in from players talk. lol

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Scooter - Your thread had 61 posts in it, the majority of which contained processing methods which people still feel the need to post - and use misspellings to attempt to get by the forum filters - despite us repeatedly explaining that books have requested they don't. I'm sure an explanation as to why they have made this request doesn't need to be given. If we took the time to edit every post in that thread, the entire thread wouldn't make sense because no one would be able to interpret what each poster was trying to convey thanks to the many ****.

As always, if someone has specific questions about a processing method, their best bet is to contact the book directly or PM a fellow poster. If, however, they feel their question/statement warrants a forum thread, they will have to find a way to convey what they are asking without specifically mentioning processing methods or using deliberate misspellings to do so. This is exactly what Lou advised you to do.

lt56
    lt56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1733

I'd guess Lou's just doing his job. The problem isn't Lou. The problem is the U.S. government.

The post was helpful. And I'd guess things are better now at 5Dimes.

HellSpawn
    HellSpawn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I have a question, putting "M.G., W.U., Ch**k, BW" for exmaple, is accepted or not?