username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

question for pinnacle users

Is it possible to access your account from within the US ? I will be state side for a few weeks and just want to be certian .I thought this might not be a question to ask them . Thanks in advance

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum

It's probably a question that you might want to ask them via email actually to make sure it's ok, however I wouldn't think you would have any problems.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I can still access my old account. Just have 0 limits.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was down in the states a few months back, as I remember there was no problem betting, but I couldn't access moneybookers, which caused me a few problems.

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36721

About a year back, upon travelling to the U.S from Canada i actually emailed Pinnacle to ask them this question. They responded to me that "Pinnacle does not accept wagers from players within the U.S.A". It looked like a generic canned response and didn't really answer my question because it was left very open ended. Yes i was to be within the U.S.A, but I am not a resident of the U.S.A. I decided for safety purposes that i would not access my account while travelling within the the states.

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    About a year back, upon travelling to the U.S from Canada i actually emailed Pinnacle to ask them this question. They responded to me that "Pinnacle does not accept wagers from players within the U.S.A". It looked like a generic canned response and didn't really answer my question because it was left very open ended. Yes i was to be within the U.S.A, but I am not a resident of the U.S.A. I decided for safety purposes that i would not access my account while travelling within the the states.
    same thing happened with me

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

When they changed my country of residence they informed me that if I wagered from a US IP address my account would by closed.

Peep

Humm... interesting.

I was down there the third week in November, I did make three wagers at Pinnacle while I was down in the states. I then ran out of money in Pinnacle, and couldn't reload via Moneybookers.

Sadly, the (losing) bets went through fine........

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'm guessing they view accounts that were never located in the USA to begin with differently than people that changed their country of residence.

I don't know though. I know people who could not access BetFair at all from the USA. If pinnacle's that serious about it, perhaps they should just block all US ips.

Dear Pinnacle Sports’ Client,

Many thanks for providing the requested documentation. We confirm that this completes the change in residency verification process and have restored normal wagering limits on your account.

Please be aware of the fact that Pinnacle Sports made the voluntary decision to exit U.S. market as of 11th January 2007. This decision means we no longer accept clients from the US, nor do we accept wagers initiated from the US and US IPs.

Should it happened, your account will be closed.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Regards

Residency Verification

Pinnacle Sports

Peep

Yes, blocking all the USA IP's sounds like what Moneybookers does too.

I can't see the harm in letting citizens from other countries bet from the USA though. Although "fairness" is not a word the fanatics down there seem to understand, I can't understand why they won't let their own citizens bet with their own money.

Arilou
    Arilou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

If Pinnacle sees that you have wagered from a USA IP, you will wind up with zero limits.

xyz
    xyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3251

You can set up remote desktop on your home computer that is based outside of the US. Then you can login remotely from the US to your home computer and access Pinnacle from there. From Pinnacle's point of view, it is the same as you placed the wager from home. Below are the instructions for setting it up:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsXp/u...moteintro.mspx

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    You can set up remote desktop on your home computer that is based outside of the US. Then you can login remotely from the US to your home computer and access Pinnacle from there. From Pinnacle's point of view, it is the same as you placed the wager from home. Below are the instructions for setting it up:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsXp/u...moteintro.mspx
    Thanks for the link, I always thought this was possible but never found anything definitive when researching it. I know for a fact you can’t access Betfair, NT, or MB from within the states. This will definitely help with the island fever. Thanks again.