biggerleaffan
    biggerleaffan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2618

WilliamHill won't give me my money back.

Long story short: I live in Canada, bought pre paid CC at story ($50, no association to my bank it was a prepaid "Vanilla **********"), used it to deposit $50 to William Hill last Sunday. Bet on NCAAB and NFL, later that night they voided the bets and my deposit because my name wasn't on the card (obviously wasn't because as I stated, was bought at a convenience store, only has "For you" [because it's meant to be a gift] on it). Basically they told me they'd send $50 to my bank account. Obviously they can't do that because this isn't linked to my bank account....Fast forward to today and I hadn't received any funds from them back after voiding my deposit, and today they denied entirely of me making a deposit to their sports book, after I had sent them statements of my pre paid card online (through logging into a master card website), as well as pictures of the pre paid card, as well as statements of my deposit and bets from THEIR website.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi biggerleaf,

We've received your complaint email and will follow-up.

finnegan101
    finnegan101's Avatar Become A Pro!

heards serious money problems.... take your money out..... trying every excuse to delay and prevent closing accounts.....

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by finnegan101 View Post
    heards serious money problems.... take your money out..... trying every excuse to delay and prevent closing accounts.....
    You heard that William Hill had "serious money problems"?

A company listed on the London Stock Exchange, valued at USD 2bn that reported profits of USD 160 million for the first half of 2011 has "serious money problems"?

Is it worth asking who you heard it from?

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

dont use gift card for gambling.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Players need to understand that UK books operate under very stringent KYC rules.
    They aren't crooks. You just have to comply fully with them and all will be sweet (except for absurd stake limiting).

Steve57
    Steve57's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you consider absurd stake limits?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    What do you consider absurd stake limits?
    well in WH's case my limits were reduced to $0 on everything!