ploben
    ploben's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bookmaker Deposit as Cash Advance??

Been with Bookmaker for a while and never had an issue untill recently. Making a deposit and the money gets over fine from my credit card to my BM account. Money has been bet, won, lost, you know. So I check my credit card activity online a few days later and I have finance charges on it in the middle on the statement period. After a call to my CC company, they say the merchant used the transaction as a cash advance, which gets charged fees right away. They have always done my deposits as purchases, which have no issues cause it goes through like you took your card down to the gas station to fill up. I tell me CC company that I didn't authorize a cash advance and they say the only way to get it resolved is to call the merchant and get them to refund the money and put the correct code in when charging my CC. Obviously this is impossible because of the wagers being made.

Never have they charged a deposit as a cash advance, always as a purchase. Really annoyed at this as I have to pay extra out of my pocket.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet365 has the same type of credit card funding methods as Bookmaker does in regards to the cash advance charges. Now while I can totally sympathize with your frustrations, you have to remember that it's not easy for books to always obtain the processing methods that most players have grown accustom to in years past.