MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen
    MysteryMung's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes CS - Am I being petty?

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Gio'
    Gio: Hello. How may I assist you today?
    Me: Hi Gio
    Me: I just made a deposit for 300
    Me: it has been credited to my account, but the fees of $22 have not been added yet
    Gio: Let me check your account, just a moment please
    Me: I was wondering if you could help me take care of that
    Me: thanks.
    Gio: Can you please confirm your account number and password?
    Me: *
    Me: *
    Gio: sir, we cover up to $15 for a M*G to the Philippines
    Me: seriously?
    Me: i have had my fees over 250 covered every time no questions asked.
    Me: not only that i was told by 2 live operators that $22 would be added to my account.
    Gio: yes, Additional fees incurred using credit/debit cards which exceed cash transaction fees will not be covered
    Me: i confirmed twice before depositing.
    Me: .....
    Me: man 5Dimes customer service really has gone downhill
    Me: i'm a long time customer
    Me: and you're quarelling with me about 7 dollars?
    Gio: yes. since last year
    Me: no. since i've had my fees reimbursed at least 3 or 4 times in the last few months
    Me: you can check.
    Me: the fact that I even have to message you about adding my fees, after clearly depositing with M*G is bad enough already.
    Gio: i just need you to be clear of what the rule says
    Me: maybe you should make sure your representatives are clear of the rules too
    Me: i was told TWICE by Kirsten and Mario that my fees of $22 would be reimbursed
    Me: please check your call logs
    Me: on top of that
    Gio: sir,
    Me: this is my second or third deposit, and I have had over $15 of fees reimbursed TWICE.
    Gio: did you used your C*C on it?
    Me: no.
    Me: D*C.
    Gio: i will place those $22, just need you to be clear of the rules
    Me: Thanks, I will make sure I use cash next time.
    Gio: thank you for that
    Me: have a nice dayh
    Me: thanks again
    Gio: Have a great day!

I've deposited with them at least 3-4 times in the last 6 months, and I've always used the same method of deposit. Online M*G, and the fees are ALWAYS over $15. I've had them covered each and every time without issue.

I wanted to filter money into my other books with this recent 5D controversy; however since it seemed to have been cleared up for the most part, I went ahead and deposited a bit with "old trusty" again. Called in twice beforehand, was told by BOTH reps $22 would be no issue, and then "Gio" decides to bust this rule out on me.

"since last year..." - lol please. 5Dimes starting to get annoying as hell. Call in all 3 numbers and wait 30 rings for an answer. Try calling in Monday morning for free p2p payouts - see if they answer between 11AM and 12PM. Conveniently all the lines ring 50+ times with no response. A.C.H issues for a nice handful of our users. Shitty and otherwise pretentious customer service. If it wasn't for the plentiful lines and betting options all my money would be elsewhere.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Yes and no.

I understand OP's point here, but look at it from the books side.

You operate on thinner margins than other shops, so things have to be ran tighter. Any WM will handle the transaction for 9 bucks, others are more, but generally 16 bucks in store.

Guy goes online, uses alt method of pay and incurs higher cost, or just lies about actual cost, and profits. The shop shouldn't be expected to eat this expense. They give you a lower cost method and you choose a higher cost, that's on you.

I personally would eat 7-10 dollars on a deposit to play with them, but that's me, ymmv.

Weeton
    Weeton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

sounds like a bunch of douchebaggery. 5d customer reps have been slipping.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Not saying I disagree that 5d cs sucks here, just sometimes you get what you pay for.

Plent of shops in vegas pay promptly, ply me with free drinks and pretty waitresses and always welcome my action, downside is 30-40 cent vigs on most props or non full game sides or dogs.

5d does these for closer to 10-15 cents

Don't include taxes in the equation personally, learned my lesson and pay on ALL income these days.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guess they are called 5dimes for a reason

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen

Quote Originally Posted by djefferis View Post
    Yes and no.

I understand OP's point here, but look at it from the books side.

You operate on thinner margins than other shops, so things have to be ran tighter. Any WM will handle the transaction for 9 bucks, others are more, but generally 16 bucks in store.

Guy goes online, uses alt method of pay and incurs higher cost, or just lies about actual cost, and profits. The shop shouldn't be expected to eat this expense. They give you a lower cost method and you choose a higher cost, that's on you.

I personally would eat 7-10 dollars on a deposit to play with them, but that's me, ymmv.
    I see your point clearly, as well as the book's. In store is cheaper than online.

My main issue is, I've used this method 2 or 3 times before, and I've been reimbursed the standard online $22. Not only that, I personally know of at least 5-6 of my personal friends that have been reimbursed this $22 also. In addition, I was told by 2 reps today, before and AFTER deposit, that $22 would be no issue.

Not a big deal, and in all fairness, they did hook me up with the $22. Just seems like 5Dimes is slipping recently - nobody likes conflicting information and communication from their books - and let's be honest, conflicting and poor communication has been the standard at 5Dimes for the last 30 days or so.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Guess they are called 5dimes for a reason

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

it also states on 5D website that they will not cover the extra cost associated with using p2p deposits online becuase they are more expensive...

i totally agree they should, but it is stated on the site

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    it also states on 5D website that they will not cover the extra cost associated with using p2p deposits online becuase they are more expensive...

i totally agree they should, but it is stated on the site
    Thanks for confirming, I tried looking but couldn't find it. I'll make sure to give 'em cash money next time.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMung View Post
    Thanks for confirming, I tried looking but couldn't find it. I'll make sure to give 'em cash money next time.
    i only deposit via p2p in the store, just so i dont have to fool with any verification crap when i withdrawl...but thats the reason i never did it online, and just go in person...GL

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

I kind of have the same stance as diefferis, "Yes and no." Yes as in, you should have chosen cheaper method. And no as in, if they done it before this year and 2 other reps confirmed they would refund the charge, then that's what they should do. There's nothing more frustrating than having one rep tell you one thing, and another not honoring what the previous one said.

As for them not picking up the phone, use live chat. I think you can request a payout there. I'm not really sure though, as this is my first year/month with them.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

yes...i have only used live chat to request payouts

laxbrah420
    laxbrah420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

Me: i'm a long time customer
    Me: and you're quarelling with me about 7 dollars?
    Gio: yes. since last year
    You ignored this snide comment --or is it accurate?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Using plastic via P2P methods is more expensive - I'm surprised they let your last 3-4 go through without having to point out the rule.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Using plastic via P2P methods is more expensive - I'm surprised they let your last 3-4 go through without having to point out the rule.
    What's even more surprising, is that I have referred various personal friends to 5Dimes, and many of them have used plastic P2P and been reimbursed fees of $22 as well.

Additionally, customer service representatives have always represented to me that this was the case, including today. That's why I always deal over the phone, so I can actually speak to someone and confirm everything multiple times.

I have no issue going into the store, as I have done many times. In the store, I also use my debit and it just shows up as an ATM withdraw. My issue is the conflicting information, inconsistency, and the implied acceptance of these reimbursements over the last 6 months.
    Last edited by MysteryMung; 11-16-11 at 11:50 AM.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen

Quote Originally Posted by laxbrah420 View Post
    You ignored this snide comment --or is it accurate?
    Been with 5D since 2010, I assumed he meant this "rule" was implemented last year.
    Last edited by MysteryMung; 11-16-11 at 11:53 AM.

appleman
    appleman's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are just another fcked up book that tells you 1 thing and does something different

pay on time
    pay on time's Avatar Become A Pro!

CS is a complete joke at 5dimes. One rep tells you something then a dif. one renigs. Happens all the time! yes, They have the best wagering menu but have no concept on how to treat players, nor do they care! They Know they have a stronghold on the industry. You leave today, they'll have 8 new customers tom. It's the attitude at 5dimes that drove me away, always on that high horse. I've always wondered why other books don't copy 5dimes wagering menu though?

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status
    BiGTonyHAHA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 626

if they payout p2p who cares how the cs is. its over the internet its not like there being rude to you in person.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Looks like he credited you with the money so what's the issue?

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Looks like he credited you with the money so what's the issue?
    It's not all about the money. The issue is the shitty CS, and how 5D pulls out "rules" when it's convenient. Inconsistency and conflicting communication from the book.

Again, I understand it's only $7, and I was credited with it in the end - but it's just the general process and attitude of 5Dimes.

I guess I'm being petty then in your opinion Yis lol..

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen

Quote Originally Posted by BiGTonyHAHA View Post
    if they payout p2p who cares how the cs is. its over the internet its not like there being rude to you in person.
    This is a joke comment; but nobody expects more from you dick bag.

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

im just sayin your an sbr pro after 534 posts and roaming through 100's more posts you dont know this about 5d?

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

i just got limited bigtime at 5dimes today and i am moving my money elsewhere. CS is awful unless you blow a ton of money there and I cant stand tony.

they took away live betting from me last month which i was ok with since i use pinny as well but when I get limited from 500 a play to 50 it is time to move on

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    ...but when I get limited from 500 a play to 50 it is time to move on
    That is fuked up!!.. Did they really drop you down to 50 bucks or are you exaggerating a bit?

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

ive heard of other players being dropped to less than that at other books.

tony took away live betting from me and now he has limited me big. waste of time playing there

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMung View Post
    That's why I always deal over the phone, so I can actually speak to someone and confirm everything multiple times.
    I don't like your reasoning here..Using email will get you the same benefits with added protection...

1...you get to speak to someone (sort of)
    2...you can confirm as many times as you like
    3...YOU GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

I'd much prefer to actually have "my proof" (email), then for 5dimes to have it (audio tape)...

Is there a reason why you used live chat the 2nd time around? If you called back you probably would have talked to the same person(s) that you originally spoke to, unless there was a shift change.

FWIW, I've been with 5d for over 10 years and I've had multiple problems with 5d customer service..Most of the time there is no reasoning with these people, they must do everything by the book..The only cs rep that ever went beyond their duties for me was Mark, and I dont think he's around anymore..

and yeah, I do believe I read a complaint once before about 5d not covering the full amount of fees on CC **/** deposits..I did a search but couldn't find it for you..
    Last edited by me-first; 11-17-11 at 05:59 AM.

pay on time
    pay on time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by me-first View Post
    I don't like your reasoning here..Using email will get you the same benefits with added protection...

I'd much prefer to actually have "my proof" (email), then for 5dimes to have it (audio tape)...

Is there a reason why you used live chat the 2nd time around? If you called back you probably would have talked to the same person(s) that you originally spoke to, unless there was a shift change.

FWIW, I've been with 5d for over 10 years and I've had multiple problems with 5d customer service..Most of the time there is no reasoning with these people, they must do everything by the book..The only cs rep that ever went beyond their duties for me was Mark, and I dont think he's around anymore..

and yeah, I do believe I read a complaint once before about 5d not covering the full amount of fees on CC **/** deposits..I did a search but couldn't find it for you..
    I agree. I use to do everything over the phone but realized it's much easier to prove a point if you have all your chats and emails saved. The book could easily lie and say their is no recording of a dispute over the phone. With email and live chat it's just copy, paste.

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

if we are all talking about the same book here... you call before 9 am eastern time. then you go on live chat after 2 pm and everything should be done in the same day.

Holeaway
    Holeaway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

to some people, customer service matters
    Last edited by Holeaway; 11-17-11 at 09:34 AM.

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status

why do you need reason why they ask for it? just go to november payouts and the record speaks for itself. they didnt give you a reason why asking you for your password and you turned away. really? seriously? thats why you left. how long have you been unemployed? how many jobs have you had in your lifetime? a dozen? 2 dozen? grow up most books ask for your password. if you where expected a payout you wouldnt of questioned it. so your the one being a prick.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen

Quote Originally Posted by me-first View Post

Makes sense, and I'll probably start employing this method from now on. A lot of times, I get just get brick wall responses from live chat, and have even been directed to "call customer service" on a Monday morning to request a P2P sans fees. This time, I tried calling back but all 3 lines, once again, were ringing continuously with no answer, so I just resorted to live chat.

I prefer to have things in writing as well, thanks for the 2 cents.

And yes, for some people, customer service matters. If it wasn't for alternate NHL totals and puck lines, as well as great point buying options on parlays that most other books don't offer, I would have dropped this book a while ago.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Just used live chat with "Pedro" and for what its worth was impressed with CS

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

books should pay all fees just like atm's in casinos should be free. the idea should be to get your money in there