WichitaStateFan
    WichitaStateFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes Teaser Slants???

Are you allowed to request the true line to tease, or are you forced to accept their skewed teaser lines?

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

Nope they intentionally try to ruin all the good teases. next week the Cowboys are -9 Baltimore -8.5 kind of ridiculous

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

you are forced by tony god williams

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by michael777 View Post
    you are forced by tony god williams
    You do realize many other books (like Pinny/Greek/Heritage/BetOnline) do the same thing, right?

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    You do realize many other books (like Pinny/Greek/Heritage/BetOnline) do the same thing, right?
    Yeah, none of those are good for teasers. But they don't go as far as 5d with their skewed lines.

laxbrah420
    laxbrah420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

It's just ******* plain dishonest if you ask me. Betislands at least names their teasers, 5dimes straight up gives you a menu to choose from of the number of points you'd like to tease --and then doesn't actually give you that.

WichitaStateFan

The first time I've really seen a huge difference was today with the Patriots.

the teaser line was a PICK'EM and I obviously wanted to tease the Pats and wanted the true line there. Didn't end up mattering... but I was just curious.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Wouldn't surprise me if, in a few years, more books than not shade teaser lines.

laxbrah420
    laxbrah420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

MNF teaser line is 14, book line = 12.5
    You can have pack -14 @ +115.

They'll tell you they're not being deceptive because you're agreeing to the bet. But it's total BS and just wreaks of a book trying to **** over the player.

I'm probably a little too pissed but I just hate shit like this.

The best way to use their site is actually to parlay bought points/money lines. Gives you way more customization.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by laxbrah420 View Post
    MNF teaser line is 14, book line = 12.5
    You can have pack -14 @ +115.

They'll tell you they're not being deceptive because you're agreeing to the bet. But it's total BS and just wreaks of a book trying to **** over the player.

I'm probably a little too pissed but I just hate shit like this.

The best way to use their site is actually to parlay bought points/money lines. Gives you way more customization.
    This is true even if you were teasing from the true line. Teasers are poor value bets unless you are able to tease through 3 and these days very few books will let you do that i.e a line that should be -8.5 -110 is offered as -9.5 +100
    Last edited by FourLengthsClear; 11-14-11 at 09:27 AM.

WichitaStateFan

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    This is true even if you were teasing from the true line. Teasers are poor value bets unless you are able to tease through 3 and these days very few books will let you do that i.e a line that should be -8.5 -100 is offered as -9.5 +100
    People always say teasers are poor value bets, and I'm sure those people have facts and numbers that back them up, but I do an NFL teaser pretty much every Sunday and it always seems to win. I know, maybe I'm just in a hot streak, but my 13 point teasers right now are money. I haven't missed one since week 2. Yesterday I had

Bears +11.5, Patriots +13, Saints +13, Steelers +9.

I guess that is bad value though, because all 4 covered the original line and I should have just done a 4 team parlay.

I wish 5dimes wouldn't do what they did, but I'm still going to do teasers there because they offer so many options.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

To everyone complaining, give it a rest. A book is free to offer whatever they choose just as you have the right to give them business or not.

lt56
    lt56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1733

Instead of people whining and crying; just do parlays and buy points. This way there's no limit to how many points you want to move the line; unlike teasers where they tell you how many points to buy. For most problems there's usually a very simple solution.

BiGTonyHAHA
    Update your status
    BiGTonyHAHA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 626

oh yes another wasted posted about the 5d teaser lines... if you dont like it stop chasing it.

Zion21
    Zion21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

^^^ I agree. Stop hating!