psufan
    psufan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4599

The "consistency" of Betisland wagering limits

Betislands limits wagering amounts after 2 days of wagering.

Played with betislands for the first time this past week.I guess I had a good run, I turned 500 into 4400 this weekend.

What's interesting is I was wagering between 600 and 830 on college and NFL (total and sides) this past weekend. Today (Monday), I called the wagering department and asked them what their limits were on wagers, and the rep asked me for my account number. I asked him why that would matter, and he said it is because we need to know the type of account that is if it is a "credit" account or not. I smiled and gave it to him anyways.

Needless to say, I asked them what the limit was on wagering and they said it was 1000 for NFL sides. The wagering department didn't really know how to refute their logic behind wanting to know my account number before answering my question of wagering limits, so I decided to call the customer service.

I talked to Nick (polite and seems professional) and asked him the same question. He was more upfront about it and said that they would like a few more weeks of playing before my wagering limits could be raised. (I understand the house collects to run the business, but was intrigued by the gravity of the circumstance of what was going on.) Anyhow, he kindly said that game totals on NFL was limited at 500, but would raise that for me to be 1000 across the board.

When I called the wagering department to place an over bet for the Eagles/Bears game ( wanted to place a wager for 1000), she said the limit was 500. I quickly affirmed that I wanted to win 500 ( as they always ask when you call, "do you want to win that amount or risk?" ) So I revalidated that I wanted to wager 535 to win 500. She could not say anything because they use that line ad nauseum to generate higher amount wagers for their "other" customers, lol.

The point here is that I talked to Nick, who explicitly stated that the wagering limit was applied to $1000 for totals and sides, and yet when I tried to place a wager subsequently, I was limited to 500.

What do you all think about this kind of stuff? Wish I had all this money in my heritage account, where this would have not been as much of an issue.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

IMHO Betislands is an excellent recreational book they do have some minor drawbacks in wagering limits and options but are in transition with a new GM. They will never be confused with bookmaker or Pinnacle who have a different booking model. They are a good book if you are a small or moderate bettor. Congrats on your run & best of luck moving forward!

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

best question is why didnt u become an sbr pro through them>?

-stash

psufan

I don't know what you mean by sbr pro. Can you kindly explain?

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Under your name is "Become a Pro"

It gives extra benefits to you on this site if you sign up at a book through their promotion link.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by psufan View Post
    I don't know what you mean by sbr pro. Can you kindly explain?
    You sign up for an account and SBR earns a share of your losses at that book for life, in exchange you earn about $50 a year worth of perks from SBR. Not really worth it if you think about how much SBR earns from the deal compared to what they give back to you. betpoints seem to lose more and more value with every month that goes by, being a PRO is worthless nowadays the only one who benefits from it is SBR.

psufan

I figured there is incentive for SBR to promote it, thanks for your honest opinion.

I guess betislands is purely a recreational book, but what is funny is I don't see any options for second half betting in my account anymore after just one weekend. What's even funnier, is that I am a recreational player and get my recreation by chasing the big rolls.

It's one thing to be called a recreational book with good customer service, and another to stall my payout request until next Monday (although previous experiences on this forum explicitly show requests and processes through the week for payouts) hoping that I'm going to place a "constrained" $500 bet ("amount risking or to win?" lol) the upcoming weekend. I think this book should be at B to B-.

I guess I'll just start playing more with heritage, but they aren't perfect either with their customer service. I guess that's what makes the world go around.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

No such thing as a perfect book anymore Pinnacle is probably the closest but U.S. players can't play there