d00d
    d00d's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rollover question, please help

I am new to this and made a deposit and took a free play.

I went 3-0 yesterday, pure luck, and wanted to withdrawal some money.

I was shocked to find they are making me rollover not only the free play but also the CASH deposit I made with **.

I have to give them another 2 dimes in action and I know that is because they know most will lose everything.

Is there any tricks to getting action while limiting my risk?

I was thinking of playing one side and then in live betting taking the other if the odds worked so I lost little to no juice.

thanks for any suggestions
    Last edited by d00d; 10-23-11 at 01:20 PM.

w21qq12w
    w21qq12w's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is the possibility that the lines will move and that possibility is your only hope I'm afraid .. the books have thought through nearly all loop holes

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

just spread ur action out over 40 games 50$ a piece.. most people will come out between 18-22 and 22-18 naturally.. so u will probably just lose vig which will add up to bout 100$ if that and ur rollover will be done ..so u will have a majority chance at losing 200, to gaining 150ish.. and a far fetched chance at winning or losing 4-500.

another option is to deposit at another book and scalp out..

-stash

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28781

dont take bonuses and ur money will never be tied up!!

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

This is industry standard. Nothing new here. You only take bonuses if you are in it for the long run and arent worried about w/d right away. Just do what stash said. Play a bunch of games for low stakes to get thru the rollover with minimal risk.

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, this is standard... principal plus bonus times rollover. Some minor twists here and ther though. Some places include reimbursed fees or instead of bonus it is the amount of winnings from freeplay monies wagered. Very typical and nothing to be concerned about... it is the rollover amount that is important... the maximum rollover you can ever accept is 10 to 12. It will not be easy to do but not impossible, anything more you are placing action for entertainment purposes because you wont make it.

touchback
    touchback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also, never agree to or accept any type of time hold... every place I ever saw do this always ended up bad. I cannot think of a single exception.. in fact I consider it a jinx and stay far away.

CityCowboy
    CityCowboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Some books let you forfit your bonus and any winings from a bonus and let you cashout if you want. Some dont. Thats why you must always ask what are the roll over and with draw policies before ever accepting any bonus. What Stash told you could help.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Dont mind ROs---its RO increase if you win with RO i hate ---at some books only way RO is concrete---is to lose RO funds.---justbet and bet islands are 2, others.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Rollovers give the books a shot at winning your money. If youre not a season-long bettor, it's kind of a race... Book gives you X amount in free money and you see who is up after Y amount of bets. Great deal if you were going to make a series of bets anyway. Reduced juice is a good option for the players who wants to make a quick couple bets and get out.

darkhawk-2000
    darkhawk-2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do sites help you track how much of your rollover you've completed or do you have to do it yourself?

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

Quote Originally Posted by darkhawk-2000 View Post
    Do sites help you track how much of your rollover you've completed or do you have to do it yourself?
    Depends on the site....are you asking about any in particular?

darkhawk-2000
    darkhawk-2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Suckerman View Post
    Depends on the site....are you asking about any in particular?
    bovada, the one upside for me on this site is, i was going to play some poker anyways, so it helps to offset some of the rollover

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20363

Quote Originally Posted by darkhawk-2000 View Post
    bovada, the one upside for me on this site is, i was going to play some poker anyways, so it helps to offset some of the rollover
    are you sure that poker counts towards the rollover?

always read the full terms and conditions before accepting bonuses