Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Bookmaker, dsi, cris leaving u.s.?

I read article in bookmakersreview.com that players in the U.S. by these three books may be dropped after football. I found this hard to believe. Here's the article:

http://www.bookmakersreview.com/Rati..._Friday/10877/
    Last edited by Leo Bello; 10-28-11 at 02:44 AM.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do you find it hard to believe?
    The Greek did it even before a football season, and BM would have to be blind to not see the reasons.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10455

Pier has saved my ass more than once,this guy is always ahead of the curve.I would hate to see DSI leave but my funds will be low until we see.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Why do people start rumors when they have no credible sources, they got hit and still want to do business here. Plus there in not much in that article that confirms this for sure like your talking.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Interesting read......

What will be will be...no use getting worked up until it happens

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

The article is 2 months old, there is nothing but innuendos in there, I will believe it when I see it.

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Why do people start rumors when they have no credible sources, they got hit and still want to do business here. Plus there in not much in that article that confirms this for sure like your talking.
    Legions, I am not starting rumors. I know nothing! My statement was 'may' leave market. I am merely passing on an article I read—an article from a publication that would probably be sued if they printed something blatently wrong. Besides, they are quoting an official who works for BetCris. How can you beat that for veracity. I said nothing sure about anything. How would I know. It was the executive from BetCRIS and DSI who did all the talking. You should write them and tell them to shut up and stop granting such interviews. I did say 'hard to believe' because those outfits are top notch. And unless somebody lost track of things, BetCRIS did leave the U.S. market, and that ain't no rumor—that's fact. Also read the post underneath by MBENZ, who compliments the owner of the publication who did write the article by saying that "Pier has saved my ass more than once; this guy is always ahead of the curve......" Evidently the guy I merely quoted is respected in the industry. However, if you feel so strongly, why not write the publisher of the article and MBENZ and tell them both to shut up and stop starting rumors. Without their articles, I would have nothing to quote. Why are you guys so scared of that article. Why such fear? They could be wrong, you know.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's like kids fearing about their crack dealer...they WILL leave or get crushed, fukks sake are you that ignorant ppl?
    Do you think Pinny, the Greek and so on liked to leave? No they are forced to, and unless BM are mages they will leave too.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

If they leave everyone will still get paid...not too much to worry about imo.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing to get all worked up about. I know that if all the US books leave the market I will sell a few of my rentals here in florida and buy one in Vegas so I can go wager on the weekends. It might even be worth it to buy a vacation home in Costa Rica or so other third world country. Gamblers will always gamble.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10455

I think OP was just passing on information which is from a credible source.Nothing wrong with that,some will blow it off,some will keep it in future reference.Personally I'm glad he posted it as I hadn't seen it.

Legions36

To be honest i really don't give a sh-it if they leave or not, but OP is spreading rumors he probably knows nothing about.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by MBENZ View Post
    I think OP was just passing on information which is from a credible source.Nothing wrong with that,some will blow it off,some will keep it in future reference.Personally I'm glad he posted it as I hadn't seen it.
    Correct.

But I've found from past experience of being called a liar when I posted first hand information which I passed on in good faith but which didn't eventuate that there are lots of people on here who have trouble comprehending what they read.

fsutomahawk
    fsutomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1161

People still believe that all the books will go away. I don't understand this at all. The US owns the main percentage of the market. Some books would survive, but most won't, if they leave the US.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by fsutomahawk View Post
    ... The US owns the main percentage of the market. ....
    would you care to clarify what you mean by that statement?

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

most of these books can't survive without the us market...case in point is mb...

here we are 6 hours before a finals tennis match for cilic and tipsarivec

1 offer and 1 bid +167 -191 for $400 and $764

i guess there is a punter looking to screw over an unwitting bettor...

fsutomahawk
    fsutomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1161

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    would you care to clarify what you mean by that statement?
    That the majority of money comes in from US bettors

Hareeba!

very obviously that would be true for those books serving the US market but on a global scale that wouldn't be a big percentage of online betting

QQPALLADIUM

pinny lost 60% of its business

QQPALLADIUM

Quote Originally Posted by QQPALLADIUM View Post
    most of these books can't survive without the us market...case in point is mb...

here we are 6 hours before a finals tennis match for cilic and tipsarivec

1 offer and 1 bid +167 -191 for $400 and $764

i guess there is a punter looking to screw over an unwitting bettor...

5 hours to go...same prices...same amounts...so we know who lies...

Hareeba!

5 hours to go...same prices...same amounts...so we know who lies...
    wtf any of that has to do with this topic is way beyond me and I'd suggest anyone else

If you are calling me a liar you'd better provide the details of what you are talking about and back it up.

else STFU

TMoney33
    Sanchez Blows It: YES -2000
    TMoney33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

I've already been making the shift towards using a local guy. I've always been happy at DSI, but am tired of wondering when my book will close. I still prefer playing ML's and parlays online just because it's easier.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Cris split off Bookmaker so it could keep US customers. This would make no sense.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Cris split off Bookmaker so it could keep US customers. This would make no sense.
    That was before the doj took down their u.s. facing .com web addresses. Things change...people change their minds.
    I won't be surprised if this happens, but i would be disappointed.

QQPALLADIUM

wtf any of that has to do with this topic is way beyond me and I'd suggest anyone else

If you are calling me a liar you'd better provide the details of what you are talking about and back it up.

else STFU
    you said great liquidity at mb on tennis 6 hours and in...you obviously don't have a clue....just a paid mb shill.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13978

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    Interesting read...... What will be will be...no use getting worked up until it happens
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    agree with both

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

I really want to move to Canada at this time.

Hareeba!

you said great liquidity at mb on tennis 6 hours and in...you obviously don't have a clue....just a paid mb shill.
    Go back and read what I REALLY said.

I got set at best available odds on more than one tennis match that night for more than the $500 which you were claiming was all you could get set for on US sport!!!

Very obvious who doesn't have a clue.
    I use MB so I know. As do others who've told you what I say is correct.
    You don't, so you really aren't qualified to post such tripe.
    Your credibility by jumping into every thread I post in with your insults, foul language and false claims is totally shot.
    The moderators of this forum should be doing something about you.

Legions36

At this time i feel no real need to go to Canada and look up my family as i am still doing well for myself with what i have, but god forbid things start up which doesn't look like it i will do just that, so nothing will affect me at all. Maybe just a temporary inconvience, but i plan on setting it up soon just to have the option, if they make me do it faster i dont care. There is nothing that will stop me from doing what i have to do as i just can't stop.

QQPALLADIUM

Go back and read what I REALLY said.

I got set at best available odds on more than one tennis match that night for more than the $500 which you were claiming was all you could get set for on US sport!!!

Very obvious who doesn't have a clue.
    I use MB so I know. As do others who've told you what I say is correct.
    You don't, so you really aren't qualified to post such tripe.
    Your credibility by jumping into every thread I post in with your insults, foul language and false claims is totally shot.
    The moderators of this forum should be doing something about you.
    and again i will leave forever if you can just post one of your plays.

Hareeba!

and again i will leave forever if you can just post one of your plays.
    how absurd!
    what would posting one of my plays prove?
    you'd no doubt accuse me of having manipulated it or that it wasn't the best price available at the time or some other nonsense.
    and knowing your past history I wouldn't trust you to keep your word anyway.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

lol after the feds took their domain name then they would leave the U.S. market lmfao

Read two paragraphs, that lame site isn't getting paid as much affiliate cash as they used to get from CRIS group because costs have gone up servicing U.S. players. So they are spreading bullshit rumors to get people to play at other books that are paying higher affiliate $$