poormanpoker
    poormanpoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

6 month later, Bodog tries to screw me big time

I have a problem here guys,

So about 6 month ago I decided to cash out of Bodog and move to a different place to play because I simply didn't like their service and lines. At the time I had them wire me 4500 to my bank, and that was the end of it, that's all I had in Bodog and I took it all out and forget I was ever there.

6 month passed, and now they are saying they have made the mistake of transfering 4500 three times for a total of 13500 dollar to me and I owe them 9000 dollar for the longest time and now are going to send it to 3rd party collection agency in the US which will show on equalfax or something that'll hurt my credit score.

What I want to know is, what now? Is it my fault they sent that money? I went through and dig in my old online statements and ya it's there, and it's been there for 6 month, but that's their fault right? Do they have a legal stand here against me if I decide to just tell them go fornicate with themselves? I'm so mad at these people behind bodog right now, I'm never going back to them

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

slow pay em back the money
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dfberger23, and robzilla

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Give me a break. Would you have said something if they took out 3x from your bank account? Of course. You should have been honest and contacted them about the error when it happened.

You're pissed at them? Because they figured out a mistake that you were capitalizing on?

You owe the money, it wasn't yours to spend.

Blissit02
    Blissit02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

You should return the funds, yes they screwed up, but if a bank would have done this they would require you to return it. However Bodog can not post anything on your credit report.

poormanpoker

I should make it clear that my business have transactions in the thousands in and out everyday, at the end of the day as long as it's a + trend, I don't have time to go over every transaction, I'm only upset with them because I have not gotten any real effort from them to contact me about the matter until SIX MONTH later with a notice of them wanting a 3rd party collection agency.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

if you were honest about stealing from bodog I might have had some respect for you

but pretending that you got overpaid by 9.000 and never noticed until now is insulting to our intelligence

unless your bank account balance is in the millions, Im pretty sure you would have noticed a 9,000$ overpayment when you checked to see if bodog had sent you the money

its their money, you should give it back, you should have given it back 6 months ago, but if you decide to keep it, I'm pretty sure they cannot put it on your credit report
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 10-22-11 at 10:34 PM.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

They cannot send you to collections. They have no ability. In order for someone to make a claim on collections they have to be licensed to do business in a state. The collection agency is also supposed to requst that info from the original debtor. If they do file, which they cannot, dispute it and it will go away. They always try to scare people with that collections shit, but its just BS.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

scare tactics... lol

poormanpoker

I'm not going to say things just to fulfill some fantasy ego online, but honestly 4500 dollar is not a big deal and I didn't even check to see if it came through when I requested the payout, I just wanted to get out and get away from that website once and for all, perhaps it is hard for a lot of people to accept that, especially in an online forum.

However I do appreciate all the comments, advice, and knowledge everyone is putting in for me, perhaps in the mean time anyone can suggest another good website that's fairly safe and easy to use?

poormanpoker

double post

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

well they cant do shit but blacklist you from other books.

Blissit02
    Blissit02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

BetOnline, and legends are my two favorites

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't listen to any of these fukks, they would keep it. I hate when people lie to uphold their own belief that they have values. Ok maybe 40% of them would actually send it back but they would agonize over it daily. That being said it is a debt that is owed, can they do anything about it legally? No. Short of calling your local authorities saying hey so/so was illegally gambling offshore at our book and oh by the way we over paid him can you do something about that?

You can imagine how many times that will likely happen. What it really boils down to is how much is the money worth to you, how much is it worth to do the right thing, and are you willing to risk someone breaking your knees or worse? If they do present the debt to a collector you go to court & ask them to present proof of debt. They can't do it.

My guess is though if you really were gambling with 4k or more & had a successful business you wouldn't be here making posts about it. You either would use SBR as a resource which you actively participated in it or your business would be all inclusive. I think I'll channel my inner Ngates & tell you to fukk off because there is the door. Don't do anything gay with the knob either, I've seen your type before.
    Points Awarded:

MickChunky gave borednaz 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4994

Tell them you are having processor problems!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: borednaz, Fire in da hole, chemicalbrother, skrtelfan, and Shifty

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honestly, keep the money.

Bodog can't send anything to a collection agency so they should have contacted you in a more professional manner.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Promise them if they fax, copy, and send you all their banking details with ID/Imprints that your Banking dept will review the paper work within 48 hours. When they call back promptly tell them you never got it. Rinse & Repeat for a few months. It's the Bodog way.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 7 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Blissit02, excel, edawg, Glitch, Delicious, iFrat, and jagaf22

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

If $4500 or 9k is nothing to you then just send the shit back. Who cares? It really isnt your to begin with.

Or if it is a number that matters to you or you need then fukk em, stiff them and keep it.

What i dont understand is how your mad because they asked for their money back.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

They are going to send somebody to your house to break your legs. Give the money back or buy a big gun.

poormanpoker

Well, I can give the money back, but in my business, my credit rating is more important than 9k or 90k, however I didn't get to where I am by being pushed around by some people hiding behind internet trying to threaten my credit rating since that's what's important here, and that makes me mad.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

If you have all that money, or your business is dependant upon your credit score, then you should know the credit laws.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1091

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    Promise them if they fax, copy, and send you all their banking details with ID/Imprints that your Banking dept will review the paper work within 48 hours. When they call back promptly tell them you never got it. Rinse & Repeat for a few months. It's the Bodog way.
    LOL! Yeah and don't forget to ask for copies of utility bills to make sure they are really the real Bodog, could be one of those fake Bodogs out there, trying to scam you! I'd send them a fuk'in dollar a month, and charge them a fuk'in $20 processing fee on every payment you send them, so ultimately you end up with the money! But hey, you made the effort!

poormanpoker

I should, give bodog a taste of how they operate.

And please, stop fixating on how much money I have, if you don't want to know or want to believe it, just think of me as a poor poker player that wants to learn something today.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

It's a 50 dollar processing fee per check Mike, remember. But thank you I laughed so hard, I really needed that.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

OP, just go jump off a cliff, you have made some absolutely dumbass statements

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1091

Quote Originally Posted by borednaz View Post
    It's a 50 dollar processing fee per check Mike, remember. But thank you I laughed so hard, I really needed that.
    I stand corrected naz, hell yeah man, they fuk'in charge us to get our own money, so why the fuk not charge them to get theirs! 9 G's is nothing to them, they make that in a few hours off the rake in poker!

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Check out the consumer credit protection act; if you really want to learn something today.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

they really cant do shit, and i doubt they can touch ur credit either...

slash
    slash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11532

Lucky sob..!

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

What are you looking to get here? Whats your angle?

I dont care how much/little money you have, My previous statement still plays.

If you have enough to where its not a big deal, then just send it back. They obviously screwed up and think what you would want to happen if you screwed up and sent somebody 4500 or 9000 by accident.

If you need the cash and are hurting a little then fukk em, stiff them and keep it.

i dont know whats so hard about this scenario or what your mad about. Of course they are going to want there money back, wouldnt you?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by poormanpoker View Post
    Well, I can give the money back, but in my business, my credit rating is more important than 9k or 90k, however I didn't get to where I am by being pushed around by some people hiding behind internet trying to threaten my credit rating since that's what's important here, and that makes me mad.
    Do you owe the 9k?

There's no chance in hell they can collect from you. However... If you bet sports for a living, the costs of screwing Bodog when you legitimately owe them probably outweigh a mere 9k.

Btw, I would not call this "Bodog trying to screw you". They simply want what is fair. 9k is a drop in the bucket to them as well... it's probably more about them feeling screwed.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

There not going to do anything obviously, just basic threats is there only option with a case like this. It is there money though

KEdge2k
    KEdge2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by poormanpoker View Post
    I should make it clear that my business have transactions in the thousands in and out everyday, at the end of the day as long as it's a + trend, I don't have time to go over every transaction, I'm only upset with them because I have not gotten any real effort from them to contact me about the matter until SIX MONTH later with a notice of them wanting a 3rd party collection agency.

You must be a pretty shitty business owner then. I don't know one that says "oh well eff it we're on the positive trend, who cares about each individual transaction"

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Donate the 9k to a childrens charity in Bodog's name.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Do you owe the 9k?

There's no chance in hell they can collect from you. However... If you bet sports for a living, the costs of screwing Bodog when you legitimately owe them probably outweigh a mere 9k.

Btw, I would not call this "Bodog trying to screw you". They simply want what is fair. 9k is a drop in the bucket to them as well... it's probably more about them feeling screwed.
    Agreed on some ends, but isn't it bodog's responsibility to notice this error before 6 months?

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Close ur bank account and get another one nothing they can do

123 Last