margymotek
    margymotek's Avatar Become A Pro!

BetAnySports Sending Fraudulent ** Names...

My luck is just awful these days.

As many know, I just ended my relationship with BetOnline because of their slowpaying woes and today decided to try out Betanysports, a branch of 5Dimes.

I spoke with Lou who provided me a ** name and location for a $2,000 deposit. He gave me a name and off I went to the nearest ** location. Set up the transfer, called Lou to provide the confirmation \# and waited an hour to learn they could not pick up the transaction.

I called ** and apparently, as part of their new fraud procedures, they had already marked the name Lou gave me as "consumer fraud" so the transaction was declined. I was provided a new confirmation \# where I would have to return to a ** location and pick up the funds (plus fees so no loss). I wish that was the end of the story.

Because I sent a transaction to a name declared as fraudulent by **, I can no longer send money under my name. My very name is now tagged as "fraudulent" by association, effectively ending 10+ years of using **. So pissed off right now and can't believe BetAnySports gave me a name they probably new was flagged as fraudulent.

I guess my whole story here is to warn anyone from the US sending money via **. If you get a name from a book that is marked, you will forever be marked and will never be allowed to send/receive money again.

I tried a B+ book by SBR standards, now tried an A- book and both times I've been royally screwed (the second much worse than the first). This #*!&@* sucks.

-M

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10455

Play at BM/DSI and stop having these problems.No big bonus except the bonus of no headaches when you collect.

margymotek

Going there next. Wonder how in the world I'm gonna deposit though ...

C.S.
    C.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1921

Happens with all books, you just caught a bad break.
    Send under 1k_use different name. You'll be fine.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by margymotek View Post
    My luck is just awful these days.

As many know, I just ended my relationship with BetOnline because of their slowpaying woes and today decided to try out Betanysports, a branch of 5Dimes.

I spoke with Lou who provided me a ** name and location for a $2,000 deposit. He gave me a name and off I went to the nearest ** location. Set up the transfer, called Lou to provide the confirmation \# and waited an hour to learn they could not pick up the transaction.

I called ** and apparently, as part of their new fraud procedures, they had already marked the name Lou gave me as "consumer fraud" so the transaction was declined. I was provided a new confirmation \# where I would have to return to a ** location and pick up the funds (plus fees so no loss). I wish that was the end of the story.

Because I sent a transaction to a name declared as fraudulent by **, I can no longer send money under my name. My very name is now tagged as "fraudulent" by association, effectively ending 10+ years of using **. So pissed off right now and can't believe BetAnySports gave me a name they probably new was flagged as fraudulent.

I guess my whole story here is to warn anyone from the US sending money via **. If you get a name from a book that is marked, you will forever be marked and will never be allowed to send/receive money again.

I tried a B+ book by SBR standards, now tried an A- book and both times I've been royally screwed (the second much worse than the first). This #*!&@* sucks.

-M

I had something odd like this happen to me about 3 years ago. The books chat was hacked into and the name I got sounded like a terrorists name and they told me to send it to Libya. In the end I got the cash back and was blacklisted. The funny thing is I could still pick up money, but can't send it.

Be lucky you used your real name and was able to pick up your cash back. I suggest to you using your name but with a letter typo in it when sending.

robmpink
    Update your status

I would also file a complaint w/ SBR and ask to be appropriately compensated in some way.

TugBoatCapt
    TugBoatCapt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    I would also file a complaint w/ SBR and ask to be appropriately compensated in some way.
    Why? The complaint would be against the provider who offered the name not the shop that gave the name to the player. Neither the shop nor the player would know what names are being profiled until after the fact.

Also, the player did get his money back.

I should file a complaint against your comment.

margymotek

I wish I could file a complaint against somebody; processor or book. Forget the time wasted today, but being blacklisted from yellow and black is really gonna cause problems for me, not just with book.

I've been sending with them for 10 years ... probably a few hundred transactions over the years for work and play. I guess I should know better than risk this happening but when speaking with Lou of customer service at BAS ... he just kept saying it wasn't his fault and it was black and golds fault.

Ugh. Perhaps these are all signs from above that I'm not meant to wager.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

guess its time for the walmart version...cheapier anyways

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TugBoatCapt View Post
    Why? The complaint would be against the provider who offered the name not the shop that gave the name to the player. Neither the shop nor the player would know what names are being profiled until after the fact.

Also, the player did get his money back.

I should file a complaint against your comment.

go get em!
    Last edited by robmpink; 10-23-11 at 09:29 AM. Reason: not in a crabby mood today

Majman
    Majman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by margymotek View Post
    I wish I could file a complaint against somebody; processor or book. Forget the time wasted today, but being blacklisted from yellow and black is really gonna cause problems for me, not just with book.

I've been sending with them for 10 years ... probably a few hundred transactions over the years for work and play. I guess I should know better than risk this happening but when speaking with Lou of customer service at BAS ... he just kept saying it wasn't his fault and it was black and golds fault.

Ugh. Perhaps these are all signs from above that I'm not meant to wager.
    Margy, sorry to hear. That really stinks. It doesn't seem like Lou has been a big help for you either. Join the club.

I'm just one opinion, but I'd suggest Heritage.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Keep m-g or w-u transfers lower. 800 or less, I have never had a problem. Sending 2k is just asking for headaches.

TugBoatCapt
    TugBoatCapt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    go get em!
    Rob, I can see your arrogance hasn't changed over the years. You can edit away little man, but I read what you had to say and I just don't care. What I said was on point and the truth regarding this players issue with money transfers.

Yes, the player will suffer, but to say its the books fault shows a lack of understanding on your part.

Making this a complaint is laughable. SBR has much better things to do like collect monies from STIFFS.

What were you saying about a failed book again? I think I recall a story...

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TugBoatCapt View Post
    Rob, I can see your arrogance hasn't changed over the years. You can edit away little man, but I read what you had to say and I just don't care. What I said was on point and the truth regarding this players issue with money transfers.

Yes, the player will suffer, but to say its the books fault shows a lack of understanding on your part.

Making this a complaint is laughable. SBR has much better things to do like collect monies from STIFFS.

What were you saying about a failed book again? I think I recall a story...

I really don't know about a book, rather was trying to ruffle your feathers as you slightly ruffled mine. I was taking an educated guess since you are well versed in how things operate.

I didn't say it is the books fault 100%. The guy didn't look in the yellow pages for a sender. The book gave him the name from the shady processor they get them from.

margymotek

Not gonna stand for the service at 5dimes ... cost me a very important relationship. Moving on to BM tomorrow.