Tentex
    Tentex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodog, local, another site?

Bodog or local bookie or another site?
    I am becoming increasingly angered/nervous about deciding where to place my bets. I currently use bodog, but the more and more I read about them, the reviews are so mixed on them. It seems a lot of folks bounce checks from them while others have no trouble at all for years. I was told by a buddy I would be "fukked" if I bounced a check at my bank from them. Why would I be? It doens't say anything about bodog or gambling on it.

On the other hand, I could use this local bookie I know of, but I have heard this can get really shady and I don't like the idea of some shady dude having my information with the possibilty of someone showing up at my house one day. It wouldn't bother me personally, but I am married and wouldn't want some collector or some shyt to show up with her here.

I haven't cashed out on bodog yet, nor have I won over $100. All my cashouts would be less than $500 if I even get to that point. What I am asking is...if I am only cashing out below $500, is there a possibilty the checks still bounce and what would be the consequences? Any info is appreciated.

Lo-CalDallasBuKe
    Lo-CalDallasBuKe's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you can find a good reliable local book... I would play with them. Find someone that in the business for a while and have some credibility.

Offshore is great at times but you never know when another "BETED" is going to happen.

Tentex
    Tentex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beted? What is that?

I have decided against going with the local. Shady guy and has a $50 minimum on each bet.

Is bodog really a nightmare to withdraw checks less than a $100? What would be the worst that could happen if a check bounces?

Lo-CalDallasBuKe

http://www.bettingsites.com/beted-com-shut-down/

Wow... yeah, stay away from that local.

Withdaw less than 100? that is kind of low. I'm not to familiar with Bodogs withdrawl rules but I would think the fee would be hefty on that type of withdrawl.

You should be able to find a different local bookie who takes smaller bets.

I was with Bodog about 8 years back and I don't remember having any problem withdrawling but I did pull out a few grand. Time frame at that time was about a week in a half.

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

A local will never show up at your house if you are never late paying him.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rock1010

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

I like bodog alot actually. I get checks in 3k increments and they are always right on time, 60% of the time.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

much MUCH better places than bodog...not even in top 5 book, stuggling to make top 10 even

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

yeah don't play at bodog. they put up dual lines if you play their dogs too much. this practice is illegal in vegas, but sbr finds it ok.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

At this point if I was American I would go with a local.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    At this point if I was American I would go with a local.
    not me
    I'd emigrate

Samson420
    Addicted....
    Samson420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

No Bodog. payout problems recently

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Get out of Bodog. Way too scared of a book. They actually run scared that people will win money from them at times. That's why they redbox lines and put up their lines late, etc.

stogies
    unfairly banned
    stogies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

There is no reason for any American to be playing offshore. Find a local that is not so shady like you say and its easy to do that. For sure you stay away from Bodog that is probably even more shady than that local you was talking about.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I love Bodog. The best political props(had Obama -400 to win the democratic nomination 1 week before the convention, has Romney -160 ), the best poker room and unique lines plus they have been around forever and rated A. Excellent choice.

Lo-CalDallasBuKe

I know of plenty of good locals but I heard of plenty of crappy ass wannabe ones as well. However, once you are able to differentiate and build a relationship with a good one, you won't need to go offshore again.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

bodog sucks

BodogBecky
    BodogBecky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Samson420 View Post
    No Bodog. payout problems recently
    You will ALWAYS get paid by the bodog brand licensee on which you are playing. If there are any payout issue with bodog.eu they are simply industry wide issues that exist due to US laws. Regardless, you will always get your money and if you are having trouble with your payout please give CS a call. As usual, I'm here to step in if CS is unable to help to your satisfaction, just send me a PM to get my attention.

Thanks!
    Becky

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you handicapp, 2 of 3 of your books should be local in the current environment. Locals are just as honest or dishonest as any in the online world, but if you are a serious capper, you need to develop relationships with some local bookies. Also, you NEVER show ID to a local bookie or give him an unsecured phone #. Using a local book is all about developing trust, which is why if you haven't used them before, it's hard to find the first 1or 2. Often, you have to get someone to vouch for you to get a local, and even then you may have to post up, but never more than 30%. It's all about networking and getting to know guys who reg use locals, and it won't be easy, but you will find them. Get a prepaid phone, find a local, you use an account name or number, your post up is all the ID you need. Most of the posters on SBR are pro industry(offshore) and scalpers....amazing how little is known about traditional betting with a local- Still a viable, good out to have.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    yeah don't play at bodog. they put up dual lines if you play their dogs too much. this practice is illegal in vegas, but sbr finds it ok.
    Can't see why an offshore book shouldn't be able to offer different numbers to different customers as long they will accept a bet at the number you see posted on your screen and they don't change the number after you confirm that is the side you want but before they accept it (which, I think, is what you are referring to in your comparison to Vegas)...

What difference does it make to me what number the square next to me gets? If anything I want them to lose more so when I win at somewhere like Bodog they are less concerned about it...

And while, yes, bodog does deal dual lines the adjusted number is very often still the best available on the board... Even as an American they aren't going to be my first out for sports betting but in my top five for sure and if you still can't find value there you doing something wrong...

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Can't see why an offshore book shouldn't be able to offer different numbers to different customers as long they will accept a bet at the number you see posted on your screen and they don't change the number after you confirm that is the side you want but before they accept it (which, I think, is what you are referring to in your comparison to Vegas)...
    What you describe, offering different numbers to different customers, does violate NGC policy although I'm sure there are scummy books that do it. Bodog does change lines on you after you try to confirm, though. On props, I've encountered times where they will accept one side of the line, but move the other 10 or 15 cents when you try to confirm. Their prop limits are very low and they slashed me to $50 across the board pretty quick, so it's weird they won't even take a $50 bet.