ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

this is why i stay away from these... score / no score within first 7 minutes props or whatever... i always think the 1st score will be real close and somehow my bet will get fukkd by some bs even if it won just barely

seeing this thread validated my point ...don't want to waste my fukkn time getting something fixed that shouldn't be graded wrong in the first place by stupid human error by lack of focus, not checking multiple sources b4 grading the wager in the first place

taxer
    taxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

shiat even yahoo sports feed was wrong in this one and the book made it right some people just cannot be pleased.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

You guys are going way overboard here. First of all, the OP posted here something like 15 minutes after the TD in question, which is far too little time to give the book to resolve the matter, and they corrected the grading within 3 hours of the TD, which is a perfectly acceptable length of time. Second, line feeds, scoreboards, etc. are often wrong immediately after the fact, so the book may have easily looked at an incorrect feed through no fault of their own. SBR's scoreboard is typically very good, but Friday night they had the wrong score listed for the Hawaii/San Jose St game for a little bit. No big deal, it happens.

When something like this happens, don't be surprised if some low level clerk makes a mistake. Send them an email detailing the error, offering some reliable evidence that the bet was graded wrong, and wait patiently. On a busy Saturday afternoon they have a bunch of other things going on, and whining on the forums less than 15 minutes after the bet was resolved and wasn't graded properly doesn't solve anything.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    You guys are going way overboard here. First of all, the OP posted here something like 15 minutes after the TD in question, which is far too little time to give the book to resolve the matter, and they corrected the grading within 3 hours of the TD, which is a perfectly acceptable length of time. Second, line feeds, scoreboards, etc. are often wrong immediately after the fact, so the book may have easily looked at an incorrect feed through no fault of their own. SBR's scoreboard is typically very good, but Friday night they had the wrong score listed for the Hawaii/San Jose St game for a little bit. No big deal, it happens.

When something like this happens, don't be surprised if some low level clerk makes a mistake. Send them an email detailing the error, offering some reliable evidence that the bet was graded wrong, and wait patiently. On a busy Saturday afternoon they have a bunch of other things going on, and whining on the forums less than 15 minutes after the bet was resolved and wasn't graded properly doesn't solve anything.
    The real question here is why the book graded the play wrong minutes after the play ended. Where did they get their grading from since if they had someone watching the game on ESPN they would have known when the play was scored? The book never explained why the play was scored wrong to begin with. I would be very wary of a book which grades a bet wrong deliberately and then tells the customer over the phone when he called he is wrong without even looking at the actual box score of the game. This is frightening!

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The real question here is why the book graded the play wrong minutes after the play ended. Where did they get their grading from since if they had someone watching the game on ESPN they would have known when the play was scored? The book never explained why the play was scored wrong to begin with. I would be very wary of a book which grades a bet wrong deliberately and then tells the customer over the phone when he called he is wrong without even looking at the actual box score of the game. This is frightening!
    books are not expected to watch every game on the board to properly settle props. they get the info from websites. mistakes happen all the time with prop bets at books who grade them in a reasonable time period. this thread is basically about nothing.

Betislands
    Betislands's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hello guys,

When you offer hundreds of props on a daily basis like we do things usually go smooth now yesterday there was an issue with a sportsfeed and the player got the wager regraded and adjusted accordingly how this translates into anything scary about Betislands is beyond me. We have always been fair and gone the extra mile for every client.

Anytime any players have had any questions or issues they contact us and they always get their account adjusted it is part of the business.

Good luck today!

Jon

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Jon, don't even respond to these fukking yahoos.

Guy starts thread stating a mistake by BetIslands, BetIslands fixes the grading error and pays the client, SBR morons say "it took too long"

Fukk off you whiny bitches.

frizzelli
    frizzelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    You guys are going way overboard here. First of all, the OP posted here something like 15 minutes after the TD in question, which is far too little time to give the book to resolve the matter, and they corrected the grading within 3 hours of the TD, which is a perfectly acceptable length of time. Second, line feeds, scoreboards, etc. are often wrong immediately after the fact, so the book may have easily looked at an incorrect feed through no fault of their own. SBR's scoreboard is typically very good, but Friday night they had the wrong score listed for the Hawaii/San Jose St game for a little bit. No big deal, it happens. When something like this happens, don't be surprised if some low level clerk makes a mistake. Send them an email detailing the error, offering some reliable evidence that the bet was graded wrong, and wait patiently. On a busy Saturday afternoon they have a bunch of other things going on, and whining on the forums less than 15 minutes after the bet was resolved and wasn't graded properly doesn't solve anything.
    This clown is hilarious, he is a big goof shill that calls other scumbag shills out for beng shills even though he is a kawk sucking shill.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    books are not expected to watch every game on the board to properly settle props. they get the info from websites. mistakes happen all the time with prop bets at books who grade them in a reasonable time period. this thread is basically about nothing.
    Then don't grade the play wrong 5 minutes after if you are not sure. This is the whole point. If they waited 3 hours to grade it no one would complain. But they graded it wrong without any reason.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

this book makes the most accommodations and exceptions and pays the fastest and easiest.

- if this book had all the betting options and methods of some of my other favorite books, it would be the best book.

they did give a reason pavy. they said the feed was messed up.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    this book makes the most accommodations and exceptions and pays the fastest and easiest.

- if this book had all the betting options and methods of some of my other favorite books, it would be the best book.

they did give a reason pavy. they said the feed was messed up.
    the feed was messed up is not an excuse. the guy told the customer over the phone he was wrong. this is unacceptable.

Betislands
    Betislands's Avatar Become A Pro!

We can all try and beat dead horse.

My only reply will be when has a client ever not gotten treated fairly or had any issue handled with the best CS possible?

When we have hundreds of props on NCAAF saturday and one prop gets graded wrong when several feeds were showing different scenarios and it gets taken care off how does this shed a negative light on the book?

I keep on saying it the day someone does not get paid or does not get good CS then that day I will accept the negative feedback.

Have a good one!

Jon

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

betislands is currently the best book out there as far as lines, customer service, fastest payouts and software.

skrtelfan

The real question here is why the book graded the play wrong minutes after the play ended. Where did they get their grading from since if they had someone watching the game on ESPN they would have known when the play was scored?
    They can't be expected to have an employee watching every single game on which they offer bets. They get their information from play by play feeds, which are sometimes wrong.

The book never explained why the play was scored wrong to begin with. I would be very wary of a book which grades a bet wrong deliberately and then tells the customer over the phone when he called he is wrong without even looking at the actual box score of the game. This is frightening!
    The play was almost certainly scored wrong because they had an incorrect play by play feed or an incorrect box score. It's not really a big deal. They resolved the issue within 3 hours, which is perfectly acceptable in my book. The clerk probably also looked at an incorrect box score.

In situations like these, the best thing to do is to usually to wait a little bit until any possible incorrect info gets resolved. The OP posted his complaint on the forum less than 15 minutes after the TD in question, which is ridiculous. Even the best books make an error or two from time to time.

skrtelfan

Then don't grade the play wrong 5 minutes after if you are not sure. This is the whole point. If they waited 3 hours to grade it no one would complain. But they graded it wrong without any reason.
    How the hell are they supposed to know the feed was wrong? They obviously didn't deliberately grade the prop incorrectly.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

this is one of the dumbest threads on sbr..

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

I'll be trying bet islands because of Jon and the fact that I feel it's a safe book to give my money to. Thanks for the explanations Jon...it gives most of us some good piece of mind about using you.

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    betislands is currently the best book out there for American's as far as lines, customer service, fastest payouts and software.
    fixed it for ya

First 12