Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Golf bet grading question

This week I got Paul Casey over Graeme McDowell. Casey shot -1 and made the cut while McDowell shot +1 and missed the cut but sometime after the 2nd round Paul Casey must have withdrawn, I see on the pgatour.com leaderboard they have him listed as WD.

I would think I win this bet because McDowell missed the cut and usually bets are graded after the 2nd round when one or two of the players involved miss the cut. Anyway I find it strange they have'nt graded this bet yet and was just wondering if Casey withdrawning affects the bet.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I just checked the rules at Pinnacle, they have a policy that says in the case of withdrawal all bets on that player are lost.

Your book might be different - should be listed in their help section.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have had this exact situation before, cant tell you how all books do it, but, 5dimes graded it a winner... I even saved their explanation from when I went on chat with them incase of future problems.

"The golfer to complete more holes in a tournament or single round match-up is the winner. If golfers both complete the same number of holes, the golfer with the lower score is the winner."

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Depends on what book you're using. There are all sorts of different rules. IMO, I would grade it a winner since Casey completed two full rounds AND made the cut, while McDowell did not make it.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

That should be a winner if, but as others have said, some books have some odd rules.

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Ok cool thanks fellas it's with 5dimes I'm not real worried about it I'm just finding it a little odd they haven't graded it yet.

I got to think it's going to be graded a winner eventually because when they grade golf bets after the cut like 5dimes usually does and Pinnacle graded my other bet Toms over Fowler yesterday after the 2nd round. If one of those players withdrew after the bets were already graded what are the books going to do go back and reverse the bets they already graded that don't seem all that praticle.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

go on live chat, ask them to grade it, they are always good with that stuff

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most bets are not graded till tournament is over.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Every book will grade Casey the winner. No exceptions.

benrama - " just checked the rules at Pinnacle, they have a policy that says in the case of withdrawal all bets on that player are lost."

That's not what it says at all, and that's not the case anywhere.

IF the player has teed off and then withdraws while his opponent is still live (hasn't missed the cut) , the player who withdrew loses the matchup.
    This has nothing to do with the OP's situation - once McDowell missed the cut and Casey made it, the matchup is won by Casey.
    No exceptions anywhere.

Also - every book requires both players in a matchup to tee off - no exceptions.
    If a player withdraws without teeing off, a matchup wager is refunded.

This is the case everywhere, including Pinny, and it is clearly stated in the Rules which you glanced at.

pokernut999 -"Most bets are not graded till tournament is over."

Virtually every book will grade matchup wagers once a player in the wager misses the cut - if there is an exception it's a book that is clueless - there is nothing that can happen to invalidate the wager after that point.

Last edited by Scooter; 10-15-11 at 11:28 PM.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Stocks, the rule regarding golf matchups is the same across all books:

1. Whichever golfer completes more holes wins the matchup.
    2. If both golfers have completed the same number of holes, then the lowest score wins the matchup.

Paul Casey completed more holes than any golfer who did not make the cut so your bet on Casey is a winner and will be graded as such.