bipolar
    bipolar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

has Pinnacle ever stiffed or limited you, or someone you know?

They claim to not limit winners. Anyone expperiencing anything opposite to this?

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Personally, I've never heard of Pinnacle doing either, but there are exceptions for everything it seems.

They are very wary of anybody trying to be "sneaky", for lack of a better term. Years ago (Summer of 2004) they used to offer minor league baseball lines, and one day I hit a soft line repeatedly. I imagine others did the same, as I was sent an email informing me that my balance was being consficated and I was being given the boot. Apparently they thought that I was part of some sort of syndicate ring, or maybe using multiple accounts, as this minor league line was being bashed repeatedly by a few people. Anyway, it was quite a long time ago so I forget all the details, but I was eventually able to plead my innocence and am still with them to this day.

Point is, they will banish those they feel are circumnavigating the rules. I've also heard of people wagering on a very obvious incorrect line and then being given 2 choices: Have the wager cancelled and remain with Pinnacle; Or keep your wager but forfeit your account once they send you your balance.

Apart from situations like the above, by all accounts they will take people's action for as long as an account is active, regardless of how much is won.....

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I vaguely remember something about a player getting booted from their racebook however, I can't remember all the details that surrounded the case though.

Pat McCrotch
    Update your status
    Pat McCrotch's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they will hedge against sharp players and big bets on BetFair so actually make moneyoff the sharps. They have shit hot traders!!!! its not difficult, say a sharp punter bets 10,000 on a soccer match at 2.1, the traders just get a better price of say 2.12 on betfair. so they are guarenteed a profit. dunno how it all works with the 60% pc at betfair.

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

granchrow was limited

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McCrotch View Post
    I think they will hedge against sharp players and big bets on BetFair so actually make moneyoff the sharps. They have shit hot traders!!!! its not difficult, say a sharp punter bets 10,000 on a soccer match at 2.1, the traders just get a better price of say 2.12 on betfair. so they are guarenteed a profit. dunno how it all works with the 60% pc at betfair.
    sorry this makes no sense. if that "sharp" punter would really be so sharp, he would take the 2.12 at betfair himself.

mrlegend28
    mrlegend28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 440

I love how if they screw up and you hit the line they make a big deal and threaten, but they have no problems taking our money on ridiculous lines.

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

Yet another person who does not understand the Premium Charge. You would not pay it if trading in this fashion.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Pinnacle has different limits for different people. Their profiling and weighting of the action they take in and when to move is what makes them so efficient. In most cases the limits are always considered high and if someone bets 20k they can bet 20k again after the line move.

Pat McCrotch
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    sorry this makes no sense. if that "sharp" punter would really be so sharp, he would take the 2.12 at betfair himself.

they would allow 5 /10 mins in play to get the 2.12, i meant if a sharp put a pre match bet on at 2.1.

Pat McCrotch
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Jontheman View Post
    Yet another person who does not understand the Premium Charge. You would not pay it if trading in this fashion.
    of course they would you idiot,

if pinny are making a few ticks or more every trade they would hit the profit amount in no time which would trigger the 60% pc. they will have losses but i believe they have the best traders in the business.

explain to me how they wont pay it? if they make a few ticks every trade?

DaHoss
    DaHoss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

They gave me the boot from the racebook in 2006 but let me play sports. I hit them pretty hard over the course of a month and one particular race they got crushed by not only me but others.

Funny thing, there was a racetrack and everytime a certain horse shipped in, they barred him from the betting so it made it impossible to bet pk3's 4's etc or ont he race itself bc most knew that the horse meant business when it shipped in and would pay 6-8 bucks all the time.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

they would allow 5 /10 mins in play to get the 2.12, i meant if a sharp put a pre match bet on at 2.1.
    if they would be able to foresee they'd definitely get the 2.12 in 5/10 minutes and the price wouldn't drop down to 2.08 for example in the mean time, they wouldn't need to have to book bets to make a living.

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

of course they would you idiot,

if pinny are making a few ticks or more every trade they would hit the profit amount in no time which would trigger the 60% pc. they will have losses but i believe they have the best traders in the business.

explain to me how they wont pay it? if they make a few ticks every trade?
    With the trading strategy as described their +EV is small enough on the Pinny bet that their commission vs profit ratio would not qualify for PC. It is actually pretty likely that BF would actually make more out of this strategy in commission than Pinny do in profit per trade. You do understand there's rather more to who pays the PC than profit amount? Have you actually read the PC section?

http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair.Charges/

As a further aside someone bets on your site at 2.1 and you back at BF at 2.12 you are making a loss unless BF let you bet comm' free; I just assumed the discrepancy was because you typed in a number wrong and meant a different figure or perhaps you meant 2.12 after commission, but I now suspect it may be because you don't know what you're talking about...

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Pinnacle has different limits for different people. Their profiling and weighting of the action they take in and when to move is what makes them so efficient. In most cases the limits are always considered high and if someone bets 20k they can bet 20k again after the line move.
    that' what people love Pinnaclesports.....

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

they do whatever they want, even if it includes taking your money. kind of like betfair.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    they do whatever they want, even if it includes taking your money. kind of like betfair.
    Did you have a bad experience with them? Why not spell it out?

strixee
    I think, therefore I win
    strixee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle has different limits for different people. Their profiling and weighting of the action they take in and when to move is what makes them so efficient.
    When talking about limits it's worth to note that limits for fresh accounts are determined by the affiliate used. For example I have around 35k NFL limit, those who opened using SBR banner have around 51k and my friend has over 57k limit. Is there anyone having over 60k limit?

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Why not give examples? Not very helpful without them...

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

I was 'asked' not to bet on handball any more!

I never actually made money from Pinnacle in these markets (good ol' variance) but managed to hit 3 or 4 exceptional early numbers which they didn't like.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    I was 'asked' not to bet on handball any more!

I never actually made money from Pinnacle in these markets (good ol' variance) but managed to hit 3 or 4 exceptional early numbers which they didn't like.
    What were the limits?

Your post is surprising - usuallly there are tiny limits, at least for the early numbers.

Normally, based on what others have reported, they will have tiny limits, let someone like you shape the numbers for them, and then raise the limits gradually.

So it's surprising they didn't either:

a) Lower the early limits.

b) Hire you to make the lines in that sport for them.
    Last edited by Scooter; 10-27-11 at 04:45 PM.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

I see that the early numbers on Handball have limits ranging from 50 to 100 USD.

And you're claiming Pinny backed you off?

What were the early limits when you were betting them?
    Last edited by Scooter; 10-27-11 at 04:50 PM.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    What were the limits?

Your post is surprising - usuallly there are tiny limits, at least for the early numbers.

Normally, based on what others have reported, they will have tiny limits, let someone like you shape the numbers for them, and then raise the limits gradually.

So it's surprising they didn't either:

a) Lower the early limits.

b) Hire you to make the lines in that sport for them.
    I am going back 7 or 8 years and the limits were only in the region of GBP 300 (USD 500 I guess).
    The principal of allowing your early lines to be shaped is fine in markets with liquidity but how much action (bear in mind very few people in Europe had even heard of Pinnacle back then) do you think they would have taken on a typical handball match?

I agree that it was surprising they didn't do a).

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Quote Originally Posted by strixee View Post
    When talking about limits it's worth to note that limits for fresh accounts are determined by the affiliate used. For example I have around 35k NFL limit, those who opened using SBR banner have around 51k and my friend has over 57k limit. Is there anyone having over 60k limit?
    70k here.

BAUS

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

hmmm, interesting
    didn't realise such variations existed
    currently NFL for me is 50k hcp, 20k ML and totals

strixee
    I think, therefore I win
    strixee's Avatar Become A Pro!

70k here.

BAUS
    Do you remember how did you open your account? How long have you been using it?

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

its funny how some have 50k and 20k limits but are small time bettors

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Quote Originally Posted by strixee View Post
    Do you remember how did you open your account? How long have you been using it?
    Don't remember. Opened it in 2003.

BAUS

LMAOFISH
    LMAOFISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I had those SBR super limits for the first 3-4 years of my account. They changed them back to the default limits now. 50k for NFL now, used to have 70k.

This is pretty interesting too considering this thread lol
    http://www.pinnaclesports.com/inform...ome&icl=promo3