byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

I like the new site imo. People are just gonna whine I guess until you give away free money. Liquidity in NHL has been very good to start off the season.

greatski
    greatski's Avatar Become A Pro!

Already placed more NHL bets this year than I did last year

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

put diferrent currency

I will not put a dime there if they dont offer euros

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Quote Originally Posted by greatski View Post
    Already placed more NHL bets this year than I did last year
    Same here. It's good to see, especially with the NBA situation.

BAUS

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

As Hareeba stated, please make sure it holds your preferred odds format like the old Matchbook site did.

Also, more currencies will surely help Matchbook explode. I hope $CAD is one of the currencies being added.

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

I am only seeing the backing odds. It is vital you can see the lay odds. Which I can't.

I hate it. Please put the old site back until you correct all the glitches.
    Last edited by chance; 10-14-11 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    And removal of the commission charge on every trade instead of net market result would improve liquidity immensely but it seems that's not even on the horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Beating a dead horse I know, but your commission structure is *not* better than Betfair for traders, only straight bettors, which seems to defeat the purpose of an exchange.
    this!

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

NHL rotation numbers are screwed up on the API. sent you an email. Please correct that for API traders or u will be losing alot of action there.

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

Kudos to the site change, I wish you guys the best of luck in taking a slice of Betfair's business. Matchbook, both the old management and the new management, had amazing customer service.

As a former US customer, I do still have a small pending bet, though...$525 to win $75 on Sarah Palin not being the Republican GOP nominee. That won't pay out for another 9 months lol. Hopefully I'll still get that $600 (minus fees).

MatchbookMike
    MatchbookMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2288

Thank you for all the constructive comments and kind words.

Matchbook is very determined to become the biggest, most liquid and easy to use betting exchange in the world. We will take all comments and criticisms and use them to further improve our product.

- Mike

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20525

Mike, another thing which needs to be looked at is the omission of several tennis matches on the schedule. Why?

And sets handicaps would be an appreciated addition to the betting options.

Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

I'll come back in a few days and comment on the actual bets / pricing, but for now I will just mention three very annoying things that should be quick to fix:

1. As mentioned earlier, having to change your preferred odds style (US, UK, Decimal, etc.) each time you log in is a real pain in the ass. You need to have something in "Settings" where you can permananently set your preferred odds style.

2. Problem Number 1 wouldn't be as big of an issue if the website didn't log me out every 30 minutes. You need to bump that auto-logout time to at least 6 hours ... maybe even have it customer-specific by allowing the customer to go into Settings and set their own logout time.

3. There are definite "issues" with the website ... Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Maxthon, I have tried them all and the Matchbook website has various "bugs" in each of them. One thing that has been common across the browsers is that I'm often not able to pull up my Pending/Graded Wagers ... I try, but I just get a blank screen in the middle of the page where the bets are supposed to be. I don't have Adobe Flash installed, and I'm wondering if that's the reason for this.

One last thing, Mike ... rather than coming back periodically just to thank people for their suggestions and giving another canned statement about how Matchbook is going to be the best of the best, how about coming back and saying that you've implemented / fixed some of the things that people have mentioned in this thread ... it would probably be appreciated more than another visit from you just to say "thanks".

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

"$525 to win $75 on Sarah Palin not being the Republican GOP nominee."

This is why I miss Matchbook. I am losing a small fortune. Damn it. I thought maybe that ***** would do somthing about internet gambling when he became prez. But he is just a tool that does what he is told.
    Last edited by shari91; 11-14-11 at 06:06 PM. Reason: removed racial slur

QQPALLADIUM
    QQPALLADIUM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sims View Post

This is why I miss Matchbook. I am losing a small fortune. Damn it. I thought maybe that ***** would do somthing about internet gambling when he became prez. But he is just a tool that does what he is told.

tying up your money to win nickels...
    Last edited by shari91; 11-14-11 at 06:07 PM. Reason: edited quote

Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Chuck Sims proving once again what a classy guy he is.

Speaking of tools, how are those 3-way boxing lines working out for you?
    Last edited by shari91; 11-14-11 at 06:07 PM. Reason: edited quote

Hareeba!

Come on Mike ... can you please get them to revert to the previous interface until they've sorted out all the horrors of this new one?

Joey Zaza
    Joey Zaza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3579

Can you put up the option to use the old interface please Mike? New one is horrendous.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

If you go into settings and change your re-freshrate it won't save your selection and it will just be blank. Same with the other options with the on off toggles. this in chrome.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by QQPALLADIUM View Post
    tying up your money to win nickels...
    Spoken like a true square. Let me clue you in to the world of a pro sports bettor. Tying up money to make more money, and more money, and more money. Get the picture?

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

I would also prefer the option to have the old format.

BAUS

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

Please go back to the old version!!!

QQPALLADIUM

Spoken like a true square. Let me clue you in to the world of a pro sports bettor. Tying up money to make more money, and more money, and more money. Get the picture?
    i average 2.5% per day on my money that i day trade...good luck with your 2.5% a year...

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amazing claims, 2.5% increase every day. Why are you still here, and not on the Bahamas if i may ask?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

Lmao

QQPALLADIUM

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Amazing claims, 2.5% increase every day. Why are you still here, and not on the Bahamas if i may ask?

watching the baseball game and i like to screw around with those who just don't know...hareeba...relaaxx...chick sims...

the key to day trading is to look at 15 minute candlestick charts....

the high and the low of the day are confirmed by two types of candlesticks...

Hareeba!

watching the baseball game and i like to screw around with those who just don't know...hareeba...relaaxx...chick sims...
    and just what is it I "don't know" which allows you to "screw around" with me?

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

i average 2.5% per day on my money that i day trade...good luck with your 2.5% a year...
    2.5% per day, over 18 months, would turn a grand into 1 billion dollars. Which one are you on the Forbes list?

QQPALLADIUM

Quote Originally Posted by Domer View Post
    2.5% per day, over 18 months, would turn a grand into 1 billion dollars. Which one are you on the Forbes list?
    table limits...only use 4% each day to trade.

QQPALLADIUM

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    and just what is it I "don't know" which allows you to "screw around" with me?

i offer advice of how i make my hard earned money...you don't when challenged...all i hear is i xferred x amt...how do you do it?

Hareeba!

i offer advice of how i make my hard earned money...you don't when challenged...all i hear is i xferred x amt...how do you do it?
    First time I've ever seen you give any such advice (if that is really what it is)

I don't recall you ever asking for advice or what I do - only posting ignorant insults about me.

FWIW ... I seek out +ev bets in several sports and racing at the best odds I can find. I'm not an arber, trader or bonus whore and what I make is hard earned. And never have I claimed that it's a big number.

virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

can i open an account in euro? also very few countries listed in the menu...not even full EU!?!

CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    put diferrent currency

I will not put a dime there if they dont offer euros
    100% the most critical factor. I dont know 1 soccer bettor that uses Matchbook at the moment because of the hassle and uncertainty of deaing with exchange rates. You have people on here who go to the ends of the earth for a 1 cent difference in vig so betting US Dollars if your in Europe ( a major part of the overall market) is pointless.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

cant believe you are comparing yourself to Betfair, what a joke!

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was waiting for tommy to make a comment about Betfair here, his only purpose in life is to worship betfair betfair betfaaaaaaair

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

I was waiting for tommy to make a comment about Betfair here, his only purpose in life is to worship betfair betfair betfaaaaaaair
    I just love reminding all you seppo's what your missing out on!

No but seriously this is like comparing apples and oranges here.

First 123 Last