pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heritage now Coldcalling???

Never thought id say this but Ive gotten 3 cold calls from Heritage Sports today...all telling me about upcoming promotions and wanting to know if I want help depositing. Its been less than a week since I zero'd my acct balance there.

Ive always loved this place but I wonder whats going on with these guys now....

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

they used to have a privacy policy and if they break that policy you would be entitled to a $500 FP

i do not see it listed on the site anymore

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Doubt it highly, don't they offer 500 if proven they did?

pokerplayer22

I actually forgot about that...but i have 3 voicemails from them today. Im not just blowing smoke. I have been and big supporter of them for years....and still am!!! I just hate coldcalls, especially when Im at work.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

Not happy to hear this. I still have TheGreek's e-mail saying one of the reasons they chose Heritage to offload everyone's accounts to was no telemarketing...

Q: Why was Heritage chosen to transfer my account to?
    A: In today’s market Heritage offers the best value and they are rock solid financially. Here are a few of the benefits received by Heritage members:

1. Reduced Juice
    2. A progressive re-load bonus that goes as high as 30% on re-deposits
    3. Incredible promotions like “Get Out of Your Bet at ½ Time for Free”, Free Birthday and Holiday Free Plays etc

4. No telemarketing for deposits

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15769

I'm still not thrilled about this house rule:

18. Accounts with aggregate winnings of more than $5,000 are considered to be playing on 'house money' Customers deemed to be playing with 'house money' are not eligible for the "once per 30 day Free Payout".

Anyway....no cold call here. Yet

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post

18. Accounts with aggregate winnings of more than $5,000 are considered to be playing on 'house money' Customers deemed to be playing with 'house money' are not eligible for the "once per 30 day Free Payout".

I wonder what BeanTown Jim will think of this rule

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17033

Bookmaker and DSI are especially relentless in cold calling, but they finally stopped when I requested it (I hear YouWager is even worse). I haven't personally experienced cold calling from Heritage, but I'm sure they'll stop if you ask.

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Bookmaker and DSI are especially relentless in cold calling, but they finally stopped when I requested it (I hear YouWager is even worse). I haven't personally experienced cold calling from Heritage, but I'm sure they'll stop if you ask.
    I told them to stop with the calling (ive never received a call from them until yesterday) and they agreed. I told them to feel free to email me any offers along with the newsletter that i currently get. I'll continue to play there...I just thought it was odd that the one place that made it public that they never solicited for deposits, have in fact started to go down that path.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

The term cold calling refers to when a sales agent calls up a person that does not have yet an account and offers their services to that "potential" customer. In your case they are simply calling up to see why you are not an active customer anymore, I dont see the harm in it.

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    The term cold calling refers to when a sales agent calls up a person that does not have yet an account and offers their services to that "potential" customer. In your case they are simply calling up to see why you are not an active customer anymore, I dont see the harm in it.
    I see your point but to me calling to solicite opening an account or calling to solicite for deposits are one in the same...especially when its 3 calls in 4 hours and the calls are during work hours. The ironic thing is that Ive had a balance there for probably 60 of the last 70 days. I zero'd my acct out just a week ago so it wasnt like my acct was inactive for very long.

Anyway, they agreed to just email me offers from now on so all is good. I still think they are a great book and will continue to play there

JohnnyC
    JohnnyC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 597

i wish they would cold call meh

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    Lol ok

"Big Guy "

C.S.
    C.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1921

Calling for deposits is an ugly part of the game... but for the most part all books do it now. Here's a simple solution if you don't want the books blowing up your cell, work and/or home phone.
    If you play at a few shops you're going to get calls when you stop playing, the more books you played at in the past the more calls you'll get.
    You can get a Skype number within your area code for next to nothing. Get the number, call book "x" tell them your wife now has your old cell and they can't call it ever again and give them your new "cell" number (works best if you're calling in from the new #). Whenever you sign up at a new place only give this number. This can also be accomplished by purchasing a cheap throw-away phone at your local CVS or Walgreens.
    Most people who are sick of the calls just give a bad number, but that can lead to problems, and the book can use this bad info as a breach of contract (based on which book it is this can get ugly). This way if needed you can still call in from the number listed in your account, but 99% of the time the phone is off and not bothering you.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post

Lol ok

"Big Guy "
    And why is this funny Pimike ? Please share for all of us to laugh.

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post

so do they also charge those "playing with house money" for b2b transfers?

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
    Calling for deposits is an ugly part of the game... but for the most part all books do it now. Here's a simple solution if you don't want the books blowing up your cell, work and/or home phone.
    If you play at a few shops you're going to get calls when you stop playing, the more books you played at in the past the more calls you'll get.
    You can get a Skype number within your area code for next to nothing. Get the number, call book "x" tell them your wife now has your old cell and they can't call it ever again and give them your new "cell" number (works best if you're calling in from the new #). Whenever you sign up at a new place only give this number. This can also be accomplished by purchasing a cheap throw-away phone at your local CVS or Walgreens.
    Most people who are sick of the calls just give a bad number, but that can lead to problems, and the book can use this bad info as a breach of contract (based on which book it is this can get ugly). This way if needed you can still call in from the number listed in your account, but 99% of the time the phone is off and not bothering you.
    i play with 3 books that i have never got a cold call from.....so your theory that every book does it is bs........sand it shouldnt be "part of the business" if the book knows what it is doing and handling all internal operations correctly.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

Got my call from them yesterday. A nice promotion offer, but it's still a cold call for a deposit.

No. 4 from TheGreek's list for choosing Heritage is no longer valid

Q: Why was Heritage chosen to transfer my account to?
    A: In today’s market Heritage offers the best value and they are rock solid financially. Here are a few of the benefits received by Heritage members:

1. Reduced Juice
    2. A progressive re-load bonus that goes as high as 30% on re-deposits
    3. Incredible promotions like “Get Out of Your Bet at ½ Time for Free”, Free Birthday and Holiday Free Plays etc

4. No telemarketing for deposits

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

what was the promo?

i have not gotten the call yet

pokerplayer22

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    what was the promo?

When I got my calls, there was no specific promo they were offering. My acct had been inactive for about a week so they were just letting me know I could get a 30% freeplay if I deposited $300 or more and letting me know about the 6th deposit for free promo that they've offered in the past.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

I received a call yesterday....30% freeplay. Told him to call back when it's 40% cash or better

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    what was the promo?

They were offering 100% FP with an 8x rollover. Was based on playing history with TheGreek so I'm not sure everyone would get it.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

This concerns me!! Im a big supporter of heritage. But this really makes me wonder whats wrong? Never needed to get people to reup yet now more customers than ever before.

I love Heritage but payroll and payouts may be to much. Hope im completely wrong to be concerned.

Quarius
    Quarius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 851

Aren't they good? Then why care if they call u....

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

if some1 wants to deposit in a book then they will call them...who wants to be bothered by books calling anyways

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    I received a call yesterday....30% freeplay. Told him to call back when it's 40% cash or better
    Do they know how much you've blasted other books for, Shady?

encephalization
    encephalization's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 182

Pinncale with VPN is the only way to roll.

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    They were offering 100% FP with an 8x rollover. Was based on playing history with TheGreek so I'm not sure everyone would get it.
    yeah not me