Aleydita
    Aleydita's Avatar Become A Pro!

Problem with bet365

I registered with Bet365 last night so I could place a quick bet on Man City to win. Registered okay but had a problem when it came to making a deposit. Their system requires the 3-digit security card number from the reverse of the card, but Maestro cards in Belgium don't have one. My bank told me to ask 365 for their default security card number for such cards, usually 111 apparently but can vary, but the 365 advisor didn't know. After 10 minutes of talking I decided to go ahead and try and make a deposit. I entered 000 as the security number and to my surprise the deposit was successful - I had to use my home bank card reader (all customers of my bank have these) to authorise the transaction so all appeared well. These readers act the same as the UK ********** Secure system, except that it's not a password that you enter but a generated code depending on a code presented to you by the payment system. My balance showed the amount I deposited.

I then tried to place the bet only to be told there was a problem and to speak to an advisor which I duly did. He told me that my account was suspended because their system had detected another account registered with my email address. This is true, though I had forgotten - I registered years ago (at least 5+) via a Premium TV offer.

The advisor asked if someone could call me but I didn't have time, we were supposed to be going out to watch the City game. I agreed that they could call me this morning instead but having not received such a call I decided to contact them instead. Turns out I must scan some ID and email it to them otherwise I won't be able to use either my new account or the old account. Having spent the best part of an hour talking to them I asked for my initial deposit to be refunded. Initially the advisor said they couldn't do that until I sent ID, but then they agreed as 'a gesture of goodwill', but only if I provided bank details which I refuse to do - I mean, this is a company I don't plan on dealing with again yet they'll have a record of my personal details and my bank account details. The alternative is to send them a copy of my ID which presents a similar issue.

I personally think their system should have prompted me to login with my existing account if it recognised the email address I registered with, and I think they should make it 100% clear that new customers must email some ID before they can use their initial deposit. Lastly, I think they should issue refunds using the same payment method the customer used, in fact I believe this is a requirement for UK companies.

Amazes me that they make it so difficult. Looks like I lost my deposit.

NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you want to gamble on the internet, what do you expect. Send the correct information. Verify your address. How do they know the money your gambling is yours? You want the luxury to bet online, then do it properly.

Never had a problem with bet365, except for limiting bets, but what you expect. They don't HAVE to take your action.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBRforum

While I can understand your views on this subject I can also understand where Bet365 (SBR Rated A-) is coming from. My advice would be to send your documents to them so they can verify everything in order to process your refund. It's really a pretty standard procedure actually sir.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

you should be fine.
    explain your problem in clear language to them.

Bizzen123
    Bizzen123's Avatar Become A Pro!

many problems with betting limits. No payment complaints. One of the safest.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

What kind of limits?

do they limit because of big bets? or do they only limit arbers and those who seem to have an edge and win constantly in the long-term?

mrmoney23
    mrmoney23's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's funny how all the identificationproblems with your Bet365.com account arose AFTER they received your money...and your's wasn't even deposited. They don't have to take your action but it sounds like they are going to take your money.