stuckinnj
    stuckinnj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Bookmaker.com Experience

Bookmaker.com misgraded some whole game bets as 1st half bets in the Music City Bowl and erroneously credited players accounts with "winnings". They discovered the error and corrected it within 2 or 3 minutes. Unfortunately, some folks, like me, signed on to make a second half bet during that window. I made a bet based on the posted available funds that took my account very close to zero, and when the correction was made, my available funds went negative.

I called them immediately to let them know what was going on and to find out what they were going to do. If the bet was going to stand, fine, or if it was going to be cancelled, to make another similar bet that would not "overdraw" my account. They said they were working on it and they'd get back to me with the decision. As I was trying to point out that I'd like to make a replacement bet if they were cancelling, the second half started, so I said oh well, and hung up.

At the end of the 3rd quarter, the online account still showed a negative available balance and I called back, talking to a rep, and then a mildly irritated supervisor. They still refused to say what was going to happen and told me to call back in 45 minutes. I pointed out to them that I didnt think they wanted to wait until the game was over to decide, since they would certainly make one side or the other mad, but they had nothing further to say.

After getting off of the phone the second time, I contacted the moderator of a gambling info site I frequent. He contacted Bookmaker and got back to me with a name and number to call - Anthony at ext 1632. When I spoke to him, his first response was he didnt see what my problem was since I had a positive funds available balance. I pointed out that another wager had been subsequently won, but my concern was with the wager made when there were insufficient funds. At this point, he began accusing me so trying to scam them by doing something or another. This offended me greatly and I told so, as well as pointing out that all I have asked for in any of my 3 calls is a simple statement of whether the wager would stand or be cancelled, and that if they could have told me that, I wouldnt be talking to him at all. His response was that all of my bets were good and all had action. I thanked him for that, but also told him that he was very rude and unprofessional and that I would post my experience. He said "You do that."

I have never had any real problems with Bookmaker, other than a somewhat confusing time collecting a bonus for getting a friend to start an account. I have never tried to withdraw money from them, but I will be in the very near future and will report any problems.

On the other hand, the very idea that a book would not issue a decision on whether a wager was good or not until, potentially, after the game was over is unacceptable. My bet ultimately had action, but that took me calling some specific individual and I dont know if that was the decision for everyone. Additionally, I assume that part of their A+ rating on this site is at least partially based on how they treat their customers, and my experience was certainly far from A+.

In the end, in the case of offshore books, I guess that the pleasantness of the experience has to take a distant backseat to the safety of the money. That said, there are a relative plenty of other places to transact with. Perhaps they will be more pleasant - the fees and vig will certainly not be worse.

robert715
    robert715's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hear ya stuckinnj. In my opinion, SAFETY OF FUNDS is really all that matters at this point. Probably 95-97% of online books aren't real books but SCAMS. Your situation is an odd one, and in all fairness you probably shouldn't of wagered with funds you didn't win. The only thing that would alarm me is if you requested a withdrawal and didn't get paid.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Seems like we saw this somewhere before

therber2
    Barrels of whiskey
    therber2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bookmaker kinda sucks IMO

Bookmaker seems to assume the worst. I was asking them about rollover because I didn't know what it was. Right after that I asked about the loyalty program and free payout. They immediately assumed I was trying to scam them. (Put fund into my account, get a bonus, and then cash out). They basically said that if I want to cash out in the future, it will all depend on my account activity. For example, if I am having a winning streak they said that they WILL NOT pay out. Wtf is up with that. I need to find some bookie that isn't ****in paranoid and criminally minded.

icelancer
    icelancer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting. I've never seen this happen. Their incompetence is pretty weird; I've normally never had problems with the BetCRIS family.

Reggie Dunlop
    Reggie Dunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had a problem funding an acct with them via **. They gave me a name of a receiver, and sent it to him. I call back and tell them I sent it, and they say, they have never heard of that name I sent it to. What? You gave me that ****ing name. Fortuinately, I was able to change the name of the receiver with **.