milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    First of all, thanks for coming on here C.S. Even if the news is bad, and you take a ton of crap for it, hearing from a book representative restores faith in people. You do this well for YouWager, Alex from BetOnline, and Jon from BetIslands also do a good job with this.............

With that said, your question to me is an interesting one. If it were me, I think a healthy free play based on either account age or deposit history is probably a decent response. Don't make it something real small where it becomes more of an insult than a token of reconciliation. The goal is to eventually solicit more deposits - take a small hit now, and it will come back later.

One other thing that has annoyed me this year is the change in the calendar bonuses. You used to offer a free $50 parlay on NFL opening week, and a $75 teaser on college football opening weekend. These have now become just plain freeplays, and those freeplays can only be used on straight bets. This year, it was false advertising - I have advertisements and literature from YouWager that says these are one of the perks, but now the perks aren't quite as nice. I'm not really one to complain about a free meal, but if you offer steak, then don't serve hamburger instead.

Thanks again for coming onto the forum. We know that you guys regret this happening as well. But these are the spoils of business, and I look forward to see how it gets resolved.

Mtneer1212
    as a long-time poster and long-time player at youwager i agree with mtneer here except for one thing, even a $50 token free play would be better than nothing. since youwager goes on loyalty points, how about something like 1000 pts for every year you've been with youwager? so the newer guys would get $30 free play and the loyal customers would get more.

i think 5dimes gave me a $200 free play at one point when they had an issue and i think they based it on longevity/history rather than betting size.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

TX C.S. for the updates working fine for me too

milwaukee mike

and i would also like to add that youwager has always been a first class operation, even sending me harry&david christmas gifts.
    not a lot of shops would do that, no matter how much you bet.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Thanks C.S.- all systems appear to be up now.

C.S.
    C.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1921

OK,
    It has been a real long evening/morning. I'm just about done, but wanted to drop by one more time before I retire. I couldn't agree more about some of the things that you guys have been saying,
    "With that said, your question to me is an interesting one. If it were me, I think a healthy free play based on either account age or deposit history is probably a decent response. Don't make it something real small where it becomes more of an insult than a token of reconciliation. The goal is to eventually solicit more deposits - take a small hit now, and it will come back later."
    Before one of the main sys admins left to go home after being here for 24 hours. I had him pull a list of customers that have been playing with various factors in order to fairly look at customers in more than one light.
    There will be a bonus, it will be fair, it will be soon. Tomorrow or Tuesday, as we want to do it right, rather than quick. I also have another idea to give back a little to the customers. When I recover from the long day/night, I'll come back and answer any other question or take suggestions, will be later this evening. Thanks. Everything should be working as before, now.

mtneer1212

Quote Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
    OK,
    It has been a real long evening/morning. I'm just about done, but wanted to drop by one more time before I retire. I couldn't agree more about some of the things that you guys have been saying,

Before one of the main sys admins left to go home after being here for 24 hours. I had him pull a list of customers that have been playing with various factors in order to fairly look at customers in more than one light.
    There will be a bonus, it will be fair, it will be soon. Tomorrow or Tuesday, as we want to do it right, rather than quick. I also have another idea to give back a little to the customers. When I recover from the long day/night, I'll come back and answer any other question or take suggestions, will be later this evening. Thanks. Everything should be working as before, now.
    Good job C. S. Thanks again for letting us know what was going on.

mtneer1212

Looks like YouWager added some Loyalty Points to my account....... I'm guessing as a result of Saturday's meltdown....... anyone else get some?

milwaukee mike

yeah looks like i got quite a lot, don't want to say how many, but like i said i have been with youwager steadily for quite a few years

thanks c.s.

milwaukee mike

on a side note, why in the world would anyone buy a $100 free play with loyalty points?

$30 free play 1000 points
    $75 free play 2000 points
    $100 free play 3000 points
    $250 free play 4500 points

you could just buy a 75 and 30 for the same points as 100, and then the 250 only costs 1.5 times the 100

mtneer1212

Nice job C.S. - I was hoping for a bit more, but it wasn't bad....... hopefully everyone will be satisfied with the gesture.

TrashTalkwithGP
    TrashTalkwithGP's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the negative side, their site is down again today. No warning, just down. Customer service saying they are doing an "upgrade" and it will be 15 minutes. Will see if 15 minutes turns into 14+ hours like last Saturday.

MS
    MS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I wish they let us know of these upgrades because I'm missing my tennis bets not very happy right now

mtneer1212

The site is working for me now.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Too bad their Freeplay doesn't allow dogs or parlays....not a lot of value to a $100 free play

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51437

Well I was annoyed I couldn't bet last Saturday, but glad they gave me some points is a nice way to make it up. Props to them for that and to C.S. for keeping us informed about the situation!

Tarrazu
    Tarrazu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Youwager.eu not making it up to me as promised!

I have been a loyal youwager customer for almost seven years. I found out that my other wagering friends all got 3000 loyalty points as a way to make good on the site crashing 10/1/2011. When I called to see why I did not receive 3000 loyalty points they said you had to have action within seven days. I pointed out that I did indeed have action MNF 09/26/11 and that was 5 days prior to the site crash. They then offered me $25 free play and abruptly colsed the chat session. I met their own criteria nad they do not want to make it up to me as promised.

HELLO POSTER NAMED C.S. can you help me with this situation?

Thanks

Tarrazu

[COLOR=#000000 !important]I have been a loyal youwager customer for almost seven years. I found out that my other wagering friends all got 3000 loyalty points as a way to make good on the site crashing 10/1/2011. When I called to see why I did not receive 3000 loyalty points they said you had to have action within seven days. I pointed out that I did indeed have action MNF 09/26/11 and that was 5 days prior to the site crash. They then offered me $25 free play and abruptly colsed the chat session. I met their own criteria nad they do not want to make it up to me as promised.

HELLO POSTER NAMED C.S. can you help me with this situation?

Thanks
    [/COLOR]

milwaukee mike

tarrazu i hope you don't take this the wrong way but if you only played one game 5 days before the crash, you probably weren't affected by it much?

it's nice that they gave us anything, they certainly didn't have to

Tarrazu

I only wager on Pro and College football, so I typically have action on Saturday, Sunday & Monday. I was greatly affected by the crash. It caused me to lose over 1/2 of my wagering opportunities for the weekend. If they had done absolutely nothing to make it up to everyone, I would be OK with that. The policy of giving more loyalty points to some and less to others is arbitrary and unfair. I don't want to give you the impression that I only bet one game a week. In fact, I had almost $600 of action within the six days prior to the crash.

milwaukee mike

sorry to hear that tarrazu. but why in the world would you make bets on saturday/sunday/monday at you wager on football when you can put them in on friday at -105? if you're betting $600/week that's (600 x .05 x .5) or $15 that you're throwing away on a weekly basis, that adds up.

always good to have money at more than one book

Tarrazu

Hey Milwaukee Mike, your advice is spot on about the Friday night juice special. Unfortunately, after 9:00pm I am usually too busy or too "relaxed" to conduct business! I also like to watch the Sat and Sun morning TV sports idiots talk about the games. I should make an effort to wager during the Friday special but have my self convinced that juice only applies if you lose. Thanks for all of your sound advice.
    PS---I did eventually get some satisfaction from our friends in Costa Rica, but not to the extent that some of my associates enjoyed.

First 123