mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by TrashTalkwithGP View Post
    Here's an idea if you're serious about helping us out for this mess - for all the bets that didn't get graded after your systems went down (not the hand-written wagers after the fact, the ones that were submitted prior to the site going down but still haven't been graded because of your system problems), cancel any of the losing wagers, and push through all the winners. Reason being, whether you lost or won those bets, you were likely impacted negatively cash-flow wise by not having these wagers graded in the normal window. For Example: In my case, I was ahead quite a bit on my wagers this morning, then made some small to medium wagers right before your site went down, and think I missed on 3 out of 4 of those ones if I remember correctly (you still can't get into your site to see the pending wagers). My plan all along was to go big on a couple of the evening games, and when I called in to see what was going on no one could tell me my balance was and/or whether my pending wagers cleared yet, and I had no real idea what the actual balance was I was working with and when the funds would be credited. Being totally in the dark on this info really left me no choice but to pass on these evening games, which I see now that I ultimately would have won as part of my day's overall strategy if the games had been graded/proccessed as normal. This cost me several hundreds if not into the thousands of dollars in my account.

Same scenario for someone who won their bet(s) that still haven't been graded - those were funds that they could have then leveraged for additional wagers that they may have made or been planning to make, but held off on due to the technical problems.

So since either way there was likely negative impact on this, it seems fair to reward us with the best outcome for each individual of the wagers that got held up due to this error: cancel the losing ones, process the winning ones.

It is more than just the wagers that were placed....... I couldn't place any wagers at all. Let's see what they come up with.

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Where's the friendly CS guy ? Can you respond to my problem ? Why can't I play my money ? When you get your mess worked out look at my account send it to Dan Bill or whoever you want to at SBR and you will see I wasn't trying to BS you I was simply trying to play MY MONEY.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL
    Zenyatta 19-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 591

ground floor huh????

Aces

BBDan no doubt I'll file a complaint form on this. Check my account with this book and you will see I'm correct.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

ground floor huh???

mtneer1212

Zenyatta, did you ever think it was possible that the server room and network room are on the ground floor, like they are in 95% of companies? Seriously, you are watching too many episodes of CSI or something.........

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

and you actually believe a pipe burst huh?

TrashTalkwithGP
    TrashTalkwithGP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Re: Aces:

Are you talking about funds from pending wagers? It's because all that stuff hasn't been graded yet. That's why I'm saying they should reward us on those either way, because either way we got screwed.
    Last edited by TrashTalkwithGP; 10-01-11 at 11:57 PM. Reason: forgot to direct to right person

Aces

haven't ever received a refund on net losses because I haven't had a loosing season yet. I've played with these guys on and off for four years and I haven't had a problem yet. The Pre Season bonuses are sweet ie... scratch off cards and promo codes. They also let you withdraw your winnings without a roll over. I play with all the big books but the first fidelity brand is a great place for recreational players. I'll be loading up my accounts for Football and youwager will be one of the accounts I load.

Earlier in the year when I recommended this book. Now I recommend a downgrade due to the way they handled this situation tonight.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    Earlier in the year when I recommended this book. Now I recommend a downgrade due to the way they handled this situation tonight.
    how did they see your account was negative if they couldnt view any accounts

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

Quote Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
    These situations are rare. In the 8 years I've been here, only one other time did we have to conduct business this way. TBH, we use the honor system. Tell the customer we can't access his account. So they should try to bet what they think they have available. Some people take shots, but the majority of customers are honest. Sometimes there's a case where someone goes negative or wins a bet with money they didn't have. Believe me, we'll work with the customer to make sure both parties in a situation like that. Once all the games go off, we're gonna start the process of entering all the hand tickets into the system. It's quite a task... but we've got good people willing to stay all night till the job's done. As for tomorrow. I'm 95%, sure that things will be back to normal by morning. I'll keep you updated throughout the night. Sorry, if something wasn't clear. I got to type this up quick.
    How did u know aces was negative???

C.S.
    C.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1921

Aces, I'm trying to help get all the tickets entered. I'm checking in as much as I can. I'm sure you weren't BS'ing. But it is a complex situation. We are currently entering every ticket and will grade the games as soon as they are all entered. Should all be done in about 35 minutes, it was a lot of tickets. I'll try to make sure I find out about your situation and take care of it myself.
    Anyone else who has issues,
    I need to tread lightly. I've already had my PM's taken away by SBR, and they don't want me to become (in their own words) "a substitute for youwager live chat". So I'm not a youwager "rep". I'm just some dude that posts at SBR that works for youwager.
    With that being said, I know how you guys feel (I play as much as you guys do).
    I can't address each and everyone of your issues in this thread. Call customer service tomorrow. I'll make sure I look at all the accounts.
    As for canceling the losers and paying the winners... I'm not even gonna comment.
    No one is going to say... man I was gonna play the late games, but I would have picked all losers. Everyone is a winner.
    TrashTalkwithGP we're serious about making the situation right. However, if someone placed a bet and lost, it's loser. Plain and simple.
    Mtneer1212, I know you've been around for awhile so when I ask this I am serious and want to know your answer.
    There have been plenty of times that other books have been down for a prolonged period of time.
    Pinnacle, Betcris, 5dimes.
    What did they do for their customers who couldn't bet? IDK. We plan on trying to make it up to you guys. Some people will never be happy. But we'll do our best.

C.S.

How did u know aces was negative???
    You busted us... it's a conspiracy

I wasn't talking about Aces. Geez, I don't even know why I bother.

C.S.

Zenyatta,
    I don't even know why I'm responding since it is clear you're just trying to stir shit up, but...
    believe it or not we have offices on\
    1st, 2nd, 4th floors in 3 buildings.
    You see servers there?
    Bill or Justin or any other of the SBR guys could chime in and say they've been by the server room on the ground floor (not that I think they would).

Aces

Good question

Todays plays

Deposit 500
    they added 30% FP 150

Auburn South Carolina over 30 1st half lost 150 free play
    Alabama -2 1/2 1st half won 200
    Alabama -4 1/2 2nd half won 200
    Alabama Florida over 21 2nd half lost 220

Account balance +680 when I called and attempted to place my wager on UCLA

How did they come up with a negative -160 ???

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

You busted us... it's a conspiracy

I wasn't talking about Aces. Geez, I don't even know why I bother.
    wtf does this mean??? Aces said he called and supervisors wouldn't take his bet because they said he had a negative balance. Earlier you said you guys cant see players accounts so you asked us to bet honestly....so when he called to make a wager you guys told him he couldnt his balance was negative....

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

ok johnny dang...watever you say boss!!! I still think you guys are the best book regardless...hands down

Aces

CS
    glad you understand my frustration I understand you have clients trying to take advantage of the situation but i'm not one of them.

C.S.

You implied that my statement was about Aces situation.
    You then became an internet super detective and had to show all the world we really work on the 2nd floor...OMG
    I tried to keep you guys updated... but someone always has to be "that" guy.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    BBDan no doubt I'll file a complaint form on this. Check my account with this book and you will see I'm correct.
    You know you're always more than welcome to fill out a complaint form if you are in need of our assistance sir.

Aces

Thanks Dan

mtneer1212

Mtneer1212, I know you've been around for awhile so when I ask this I am serious and want to know your answer.
    There have been plenty of times that other books have been down for a prolonged period of time.
    Pinnacle, Betcris, 5dimes.
    What did they do for their customers who couldn't bet? IDK. We plan on trying to make it up to you guys. Some people will never be happy. But we'll do our best.
    First of all, thanks for coming on here C.S. Even if the news is bad, and you take a ton of crap for it, hearing from a book representative restores faith in people. You do this well for YouWager, Alex from BetOnline, and Jon from BetIslands also do a good job with this.............

With that said, your question to me is an interesting one. If it were me, I think a healthy free play based on either account age or deposit history is probably a decent response. Don't make it something real small where it becomes more of an insult than a token of reconciliation. The goal is to eventually solicit more deposits - take a small hit now, and it will come back later.

One other thing that has annoyed me this year is the change in the calendar bonuses. You used to offer a free $50 parlay on NFL opening week, and a $75 teaser on college football opening weekend. These have now become just plain freeplays, and those freeplays can only be used on straight bets. This year, it was false advertising - I have advertisements and literature from YouWager that says these are one of the perks, but now the perks aren't quite as nice. I'm not really one to complain about a free meal, but if you offer steak, then don't serve hamburger instead.

Thanks again for coming onto the forum. We know that you guys regret this happening as well. But these are the spoils of business, and I look forward to see how it gets resolved.

Mtneer1212

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

You implied that my statement was about Aces situation.
    You then became an internet super detective and had to show all the world we really work on the 2nd floor...OMG
    I tried to keep you guys updated... but someone always has to bne "that" guy.
    When did I imply?? Please tell me??I was just asking how you guys knew his account was negative when youuu said you people can't see any accounts?

Aces

Great question I'm wondering that as well.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

I think a $50 free play that can be used on a straight wager only can be coming my way...LOL (only a 3x Roll )

TrashTalkwithGP

Well, asshole, stop and think about it. If you idiots have no way of telling me how much my balance is when I call in, and give no access to the funds that I should have on the winning bets, and can't tell me which pending bets are winners and which aren't, I can't really make an informed decision about what/how to wager in the meantime. So while you may think it's a crazy idea to cancel someone's bets that you weren't going to give them access to if they won, I'm interested in hearing your alternative for how to compensate us for all the inconvenience of not being able to use your site. Since you are asking others for ideas, sounds like you're not really coming up with too many, so sorry for trying to help you out. And yes, if I would have had access to my funds and to your site as expected, I would have at least $1K more in my account this evening. So keep that in mind next time you decide to ridicule me for trying to come up with a fair solution for your piece of shit site crapping out on all your customers for going on 12 hours.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

...because of a massive pipe leak LOL

TrashTalkwithGP

Hey, at least you didn't get that wager in on UCLA and lose in the last 2 minutes (Which I did, only because it was one of two games left on the card by the time the book could tell me what my balance was and allow me to wager). This whole thing put a huge monkey wrench in my plans today. I could onlly get wagers in on 1/2 - 2/3 of the games I was planning to, had to change my strategy rapidly at the last minute and bascially everything went to shit immediately after the site went down. This thing cost me a bunch of money, whether Mr. Spin-Doctor service rep wants to believe me or not.

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL

Do u guys know how much water would have to fall for it to come through walls??? Gotta be raining hard as he'll for hours straight

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Zenyatta 19-1 View Post
    Do u guys know how much water would have to fall for it to come through walls??? Gotta be raining hard as he'll for hours straight
    what is your problem? they said that is what happened and even if it wasn't what happened they said they would make it up to everyone. you don't have to believe them if you don't want to it's simple just f*ck off from this thread.

C.S.

They're focusing on getting everything working 100%. As soon as systems are where they were, and any claims are taken care of, we will put 100% focus into making it up to you guys. It will be ASAP, but I'll make sure it's very soon. My job isn't posting here or really even dealing with customers. I just wanted to be honest with you guys. Shit happens, and we're trying to deal with it the best we can. I'll keep you guys in the loop and might bounce some ideas off you tomorrow. Thanks for understanding.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 223

You guys are relentless with C.S. give the man a break. He has no obligation to post on SBR and just to calm everyone down he drops a reply to make sure you know the problem is getting resolved.

Lay off the lines just one night you monsters.. lol

C.S your a respectable person, thanks for the info bro

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i think we should all understand their position as well as ours.
    YES they had a once-in-a-lifetime type event happen yesterday and it would be impossible to figure out who was going to make what bet.

but guys like me and others would've had a couple winners. not the end of the world, but of course it had to happen while i was stuck without significant money elsewhere

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

They're focusing on getting everything working 100%. As soon as systems are where they were, and any claims are taken care of, we will put 100% focus into making it up to you guys. It will be ASAP, but I'll make sure it's very soon. My job isn't posting here or really even dealing with customers. I just wanted to be honest with you guys. Shit happens, and we're trying to deal with it the best we can. I'll keep you guys in the loop and might bounce some ideas off you tomorrow. Thanks for understanding.
    thanks a million c.s.

everything is working fine for me now, not sure if that's a good thing or not depending on how my plays shake out

First 123 Last