Bateman27
    Bateman27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

***** clear then bounce days later?

Has anyone had a ***** clear their account after a hold period by the bank. Only to have it bounce days later?

I have some being processed right now and am worried they will bounce...

Anyone have any experience or advice with this?

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes it has happened many times. i had a bank once that held it for 5 days they put it in my account following week. 2 weeks later they pulled it with a charge and everything i spent in between i got a charge since it would of been negative. All i got from LooseLines.com was sorry we will give you 50 dollar bonus and recut you another check

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Had it happen personally twice a few days after it cleared. And I know someone you had it reversed to "bounce" status almost a month after it "cleared". Apparently this is not unheard of for checks drawn on a foreign bank. It's why I rarely request checks anymore. I'll always do multiple p2p w/d's or only req a "check" if they guarantee they'll send usps money orders.
    Last edited by ehp6737; 09-28-11 at 09:25 PM.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yes, it can and does happen..Just because the bank makes the funds available, does not mean the check has "cleared"..

kisado
    kisado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

What fresh horsesh*t is this?!

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

banks are fukking scam bags

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Happened to me. It cleared and then bounced 5 days later. I was pissed because I had a ton of fees for everything I had purchased during that time.

Bateman27
    Bateman27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Ok, it has been 5 business days and 7 calendar days since it cleared. How long should I wait?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman27 View Post
    Ok, it has been 5 business days and 7 calendar days since it cleared. How long should I wait?
    You're probably good but I would wait at least two weeks to be sure. I deposited mine on like a Thursday and it didn't bounce until the following Wednesday.

It sucked because after my online bank statement had showed it cleared, I went ahead and planned my spending around the thought of having the extra money in the account. It really sucked days later when I was overdrawn and had a fee for every purchase.

It's almost like my bank did it to me on purchase because my statement had shown the check as having cleared. Then it took about another month to get everything straightened out. They sent me another check and paid for the fees but it was pain. I had to e-mail them scans of my bank statement, ect.