Awolf06
    Awolf06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do I have a legit beef with 5dimes?

Update by SBR Lou: Players effected by prop offered deal to have win reinstated and forgo future prop access.

Hi. I'm new to online betting and I decided to sign up with 5dimes due to their good reviews and ratings. This past weekend I played a prop bet involving quarterback Tom Brady of the New England Patriots. The bet read like this: "T.Brady first pass completions under 25½ +100 vs T.Brady first pass completions over 25½". So i'm betting that Brady's first pass completion will be under 25½ yards. His first pass completion went for 11 yards, according to the box score. So I assumed that I had won. However, when I finally went back onto the website it said the bet was cancelled. I used the live help function to inquire, and I was told that it was cancelled due to a typo, which was simply that they forgot to put the word YARDS into the prop after 25½. Wouldn't any sober person assume that the prop means over or under 25½ YARDS? Now again, I'm new to betting. Does this type of situation occur often, and therefore I should just let it go? Or should I be filing a complaint?

Thanks
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 10-14-11 at 04:44 PM. Reason: update

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

That's clearly a mistake. Whoever was making the line meant completions but wrote it incorrectly. Since you're new to betting I'll assume you weren't "trying to take a shot" at the book. Tony probably doesn't look to fondly on this though.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a shit book, i suggest you go somewhere else.
    After filing a complaint ofc.
    If you can't (aka you are from the U.S.) and are new to online betting...the advice changes to don't bother starting and run while you still can.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was obviously over 25.5 completions and not yards. No legit beef there.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBRforum sir

It sounds like a honest mistake that the game importer made and instead of creating real waves from all parties that bet that event 5Dimes probably felt it was best to cancel it. However, if you do wish to fill out a complaint form one of my colleague will take a closer look at this matter and inquire to them on your behalf.

Monte

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    It was obviously over 25.5 completions and not yards. No legit beef there.
    You think so? He writes it was cancelled cos they forgot to put the word YARDS in, at least turn your brain on before spamming.
    Whatever the bet was ment to be, the poster obviously won it or they wouldn't have cancelled it (at least that is what i would expect from this shit book).

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Yeah that's a pretty obvious typo because no one in their right mind would line any QB's first pass at o/u 25.5 yards. The "first" was obviously not supposed to be there and it was supposed to be o/u 25.5 completions for the game. Brady had 30 completed passes in the game and only 3 were for more than 25 yards, which sounds about right. I would expect the first completion of the game to be under 25.5 yards about 90% of the time.

Any time you notice a prop that is incomplete in the wording, in this case mentioning yards, you should contact the book and ask. The same goes for any "too good to be true" type props like this one.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Shouldn't they have emailed him before the game to advise of the cancellation and give him the opportunity to bet it again?

Monte

You are out of your freaking minds, no book would list Brady at over/under 25.5 completed passes.
    He beats that almost every week and all squares would be over it, for christ sake.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

I was wrong in my first post in this thread. I misread the OP's post. I agree the bet shouldn't have been canceled. Canceling the bet because the word Yards wasn't included is silly. I would get in touch with the book and ask them to honor the wager. However fist pass completion O/U 25.5 should have raised a red flag that something wasn't right.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    You are out of your freaking minds, no book would list Brady at over/under 25.5 completed passes.
    He beats that almost every week and all squares would be over it, for christ sake.
    +100 on first pass completion under 25.5 yards?????????? a 5 year old girl would have enough sense to pound the living crap out of that line.

Obvious error. What are you people thinking suggesting that this bet should be honored?

Monte

Where do all these morons come from, you know "sharpcat"?
    He states in his first post that live chat said the error was they forgot the word YARDS.
    I don't ******* know what the bet was supposed to be, OK?

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    And you think they would actually list first completed pass over/under 25.5 yards?

sharpcat

Monte,

Would you rather book U25.5 competed passes at +100 or U25.5 yards on first completed pass for +100???

I mean c'mon Monte I hate books canceling wagers also but this is clearly an error. If crap like this had to stand all of the time than every player in the world with the slightest of a clue would crush this line and put a book out of business within 10 minutes of this line being posted.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Sharpcat, that's not what the OP said though. He said 5Dimes told him it was supposed to be o/u 25.5 yds on Brady's 1st pass completion. So either something got lost in translation during that live chat or they really did hang a soft line on that prop. I'm kind of leaning to the former simply because they put the word "completions" in there but who knows.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Sharpcat, that's not what the OP said though. He said 5Dimes told him it was supposed to be o/u 25.5 yds on Brady's 1st pass completion. So either something got lost in translation during that live chat or they really did hang a soft line on that prop.
    Shari,

If you offered me (O/U 25.5 yards (+100) 1st pass completion) on every single game on the board including college I would blindly tell you that I will take the max on every single game without even thinking twice about it. That is how grosly mis-priced this proposition was if it were on the first pass completion.

This would be suggesting that Brady averages 25.5 yards per pass
    Last edited by sharpcat; 09-28-11 at 01:09 AM.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Shari, If you offered me (O/U 25.5 yards (+100) 1st pass completion) on every single game on the board including college I would blindly tell you that I will take the max on every single game without even thinking twice about it. That is how grosly mis-priced this proposition was if it were on the first pass completion. This would be suggesting that Brady completes 26yd+ passes 50% of the time or better
    I'm not disagreeing with you however that's not what the OP said he was told. My suggestion to Awolf06 would be to go back into live chat and clarify that there wasn't a communication issue about why his bet was cancelled, because he's under the assumption that he was told the line was for the 1st pass completion yardage (as he had assumed when he initially bet it) and it was cancelled due to the omission of the word "yards". Doesn't matter if we're sure of what went wrong here; the OP needs to understand clearly for himself, especially as a novice bettor.

Awolf06

I'll admit when I first saw this prop listed I jumped at it, as I agree that it seemed like a "too good to be true" prop. However, like I said, the cs rep specifically said that the typo was for not having the word "yards" after 25½. If the prop was about whether he had over/under 25½ completions or even if they meant first HALF completions (instead of first pass completions), then the word yards would be irrelevant. My thinking is that they eventually realized it was a bad prop and that a lot people had jumped on it and wagered really high amounts, so they took the easy way out.

I appreciate all the responses.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

It sounds to me like the wager was voided because it was a mistake and the customer service rep's answer about it being canceled because the word yards was in the wager description is wrong.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

problem is that 5Dimes makes a lot of mistakes lately

sharpcat

No matter what the retard customer service rep told you the typo was simply that they replaced the word "completions" with "yards". Total completions is a very common prop that 5dimes usually copies from other books and they clearly made a typo here they were not taking the easy way out. If online books could not cancel these gross errors they would get crushed within a matter of minutes by large syndicate groups who would scour books looking for obvious errors to exploit and than have 30 players hit it at the same time, no book would be able to survive that.

Obvious error here I say your best bet is to let it go Tony does not like shot takers especially ones who make a big stink about it when they get caught. Its not worth losing your account at 5dimes over or having your betting limits drastically reduced.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

I had over 25.5 completions and every single person besides you (giving you the benefit of the doubt, you might just be a shot taker) knew exactly what that bet meant when they bet it.

I had the over and it's complete bullshit that the bet was cancelled at halftime when the over was 90% to win.

I have a dispute pending and I'm hopeful 5 Dimes will change it and make it right for everyone. The over/under for completions is offered on basically every QB for every game.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Here is exactly what happened. Every single person knew they were betting over or under Brady completions for the game. Some classless shot taker calls them up at halftime and says "hey, why hasn't my wager been graded a winner yet? I bet the under 25.5 yards on Brady's first pass?" Tony says "you're either a shot taker or a complete idiot, so either way, get lost." After Tony hangs up on the douchebag, he realizes that everyone bet the over and he is gonna lose big on it. So he no actions all bets and says "yep, it should have been yards."

Book 'em Danno. And Tony, go ahead and give me Brady under 25.5 yards on his first pass of the game every week the rest of the season. What's that? It was just a one-time special for that week, only you forgot the word yards?

Whatever. A fuc.king joke.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    problem is that 5Dimes makes a lot of mistakes lately

Seriously appears like the ship might be in trouble the way Tony seems to be reacting to the 'mistakes' recently too.

Good customers are hard to get, yet Tony has been making obviously honest customers jump through hoops to keep their genuine winnings and even turning away whales over a few grand.

Somethings up. Maybe consolidating as much profit as they can before a market exit?

The OP here should just accept this error and move on though. It's the other 99% of bettors who knew it was for total completions that really got the shaft here.

Monte

rofl...either way, 5Pennies is a Micky Mouse Operation.

So we cought them red handed here?
    They cancelled all winning bets, no matter what everyone thought they bet on, AFTER the game?
    Downgrade this shithouse please SBR, unless you want to be a micky mouse operation as well.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

heh....nevermind.....

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Here is exactly what happened. Every single person knew they were betting over or under Brady completions for the game. Some classless shot taker calls them up at halftime and says "hey, why hasn't my wager been graded a winner yet? I bet the under 25.5 yards on Brady's first pass?" Tony says "you're either a shot taker or a complete idiot, so either way, get lost." After Tony hangs up on the douchebag, he realizes that everyone bet the over and he is gonna lose big on it. So he no actions all bets and says "yep, it should have been yards."

Book 'em Danno. And Tony, go ahead and give me Brady under 25.5 yards on his first pass of the game every week the rest of the season. What's that? It was just a one-time special for that week, only you forgot the word yards?

WOW!

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

There are so many of these "issues" with 5Dimes lines and props. Personally I attribute it to the shear number of wagering options 5D offers, hence your going to have 1 or 2 lines out of 1000's offered a day that are bad lines, worded wrong, etc, etc that can be attributed to human error. And of course those are the only ones we hear about. Others take a more sinister approach with Tony and 5D and their intentions. No one can know for sure. But with this particular prop, even as it was originially written, it makes no sense. OP thought it meant first completion only. But it says "first pass completions". Completions is plural, so how can you have more than one first pass completion? So right there, no matter how inexperienced the bettor is, and no matter what he thought the prop actually meant, it didnt make sense and should've clarified it with the book prior to betting. OP has no beef here.

As another poster already mentioned, the ones who really got screwed here were the ones who bet it knowing it was meant as over 25.5 completions and had their bet voided.

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post

Tony seems to be making alot of these mistakes lately. It almost seems like a shot taker is calling others shot takers.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

i know 1 thing, getting paid by 5dimes hasnt changed any....lightning fast as ALWAYS and not a single hoop to jump through...the pros outweigh the cons 10 fold IMO

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, you don't have a legit complaint, but even if you did, 5Dimes is a major SBR sponser and you need to remember that. Be careful with any kind of exotic bets.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

5dimes A+ book. A must have out for U.S players.

Awolf06

Alright, here's my conclusion. I called 5dimes today to see if I would get the same answer as to why it was cancelled. This time the guy I spoke to claimed that it was suppose to simply read as: T.Brady first pass completed, as in whether he completed his first pass or not. Either way, I'm just gonna let it go as I now see how it could have been interpreted in various ways. And I didn't lose any money, just didn't win any. Like I said, i'm new to this stuff and this was probably a good lesson for me to confirm exactly what the prop is before betting on it. So i'm gonna move on. Thanks for all the responses, as so far this seems like a great website.

PS - Who/what is Tony?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

general mamger/head linesman...he is the end all with problems there

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

How large was the wager

12 Last