Adamho
    Adamho's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Greek Rotation Numbers

Anybody notice The Greek changing the team rotation number on games? Tonight the Greek has LAD 3011 and ARI 3012, whilst Pinnacle has LAD 911 and ARI 912.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Yes, I noticed it with this weeks slate of NFL games. They no longer have them in Don Best Rotation order, but by their own order and numbering system. I wonder if that has anything to do with why they are no longer on SBR Odds feed.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

BBD? Maybe they will tell u whats up with this craziness. Messed up my morning line viewing. They had to know it would throw them off lines comparison sites? Just more goofy stuff to contend with.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

yeah i noticed that as well. what are they doing?

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

No i dont use the greek anymore.

katstale

BBD? Any news on this?

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

This is annoying me. What is the possible logic behind this.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry for being late with my response however, I'm on it now gentlemen.

katstale

Thanks BBD. Hey, while you are at it--can you find out if Matchbook is going to return to sbrodds?

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Thanks BBD. Hey, while you are at it--can you find out if Matchbook is going to return to sbrodds?
    No problem Kats.

I sent an Email and I'm just waiting word back from TheGreek regarding this matter. Now as far as Matchbook and their feed goes. Bill made mention of an issue with their API feed yesterday. So I'm sure it will be fixed soon enough.

bigboydan

I did not forget about this issue at all gentlemen. I'm still awaiting word from TheGreek regarding this matter.

Adamho
    Adamho's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am glad to see I was not the only one bothered by this change. I hope they will return with standard numbers so they will be on SBR grid again. I also was hopng matchbook would return to sbrodds. I don't gamble at Matchbook but I find watching their movement helpful in decision making.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I actually tried to call these guys quite a few hours ago about my personal account on the Aussie number they have listed on their site. And I figured once I got through, I'd just throw the rotation # question in there as well. But that Aussie number is DOA so unfortunately I didn't get too far. I'll try again soon on their UK number. If I get an answer, I'll come back in here and post.

bigboydan

I still haven't heard back anything on this subject matter as of yet. I'll give TheGreek a call in a bit and see what I can find out.

bigboydan

Ok gentlemen,

The word I received is that they are not featured in the DonBest rotation anymore at this time. So that is why this the rotation has changed at TheGreek (SBR Rated A+). Now as far as the reason this change is happen that I do not know however, I would be lead to believe that it has something to do with them leaving the U.S. market.

katstale

Sad that a simple question like this couldn't have been answered by Wally or Scotty. Typical of CS these days across the board.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

This has got to be one of the dumbest things ever. Why in the world would you deviate from the official rotation numbers. Makes finding the games a pain in the ass. Can hardly what for basketball.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20519

these rotation numbers mean nothing at all to anyone outside of the US - to the best of my knowledge nowhere else in the world has any equivalent - isn't it just a Vegas thing?

never have I needed to bother with them and I guess that's the way the Greek are thinking now

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok Hareeba...
    at Pinny i randomly clicked at a soccer league (german Bundesliga), and there are rotation numbers.
    At the Greek there are not, and the games are in a different order here as well.
    SBO has them in the same order as Pinny.

So it has nothing to do with the US if soccer is messed up at the Greek too, right?

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    these rotation numbers mean nothing at all to anyone outside of the US - to the best of my knowledge nowhere else in the world has any equivalent - isn't it just a Vegas thing?

never have I needed to bother with them and I guess that's the way the Greek are thinking now
    clueless as always

Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Extremely annoying and childish.

I take it Olympic must have some sort of issue with Don Best.

Unfortunately, the customers are the ones who are getting the worst of it ... very time-consuming to find the line for a particular game when there are 50 games on the board.

katstale

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Extremely annoying and childish.

I take it Olympic must have some sort of issue with Don Best.

Unfortunately, the customers are the ones who are getting the worst of it ... very time-consuming to find the line for a particular game when there are 50 games on the board.
    This. Scotty? Wally? Nobody in charge at Greek can address this for SBR? doesn't make sense.

durito
    escarabajo negro

is wally even there anymore?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Ok Hareeba...
    at Pinny i randomly clicked at a soccer league (german Bundesliga), and there are rotation numbers.
    At the Greek there are not, and the games are in a different order here as well.
    SBO has them in the same order as Pinny.

So it has nothing to do with the US if soccer is messed up at the Greek too, right?
    I think you've misinterpreted what I was saying.
    I know nobody outside of the US who pays the slightest interest to rotation numbers.
    If you were to ask punters elsewhere in the world what they are you'd mostly just get blank stares.
    Apart from Pinnacle and Matchbook which have US origins are there any other books you know of which show them?
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 10-01-11 at 03:57 PM.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    clueless as always
    posting insults without any attempt at reasoned discussion as always

durito
    escarabajo negro

Who in this thread is in the USA? No one.

So obviously plenty of people outside the USA (say all professionals and other people that arent retarded) use them.

If you are pulling data from different sites, it´s nice for it to be in the same easy to find format and not some random bull shit like you´d find at a stupid euro book.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Give it up Durito, Hareeba makes millions every year without them.
    All he needs is Betfair.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Give it up Durito, Hareeba makes millions every year without them.
    All he needs is Betfair.
    I've never claimed to be making big money
    And whilst Betfair would be my only book if I could have just one, I certainly need others for the full range of my betting.

Hareeba!

Who in this thread is in the USA? No one.

So obviously plenty of people outside the USA (say all professionals and other people that arent retarded) use them.

If you are pulling data from different sites, it´s nice for it to be in the same easy to find format and not some random bull shit like you´d find at a stupid euro book.
    Well I think that's a first!
    You've actually attempted to make an argument.
    Pity however that there's nothing in there which contradicts anything I've posted or justifies your "clueless" comment.

As to "some random" order, I think you'd find that euro books, whether stupid or not, generally list games in time order, which is surely the most sensible of all?

durito
    escarabajo negro

So say you have 22 games that start at the same time. And 15 bookies listing them by start time. I'm sure they will all end up in the exact same order.

How is it you think SBO and Pinny games are listed in the same order daily despite many starting at the same time?

Hareeba!

So say you have 22 games that start at the same time. And 15 bookies listing them by start time. I'm sure they will all end up in the exact same order.
    I am struggling to think of any league where there would be anything close to 22 games starting at the same time.

I think they'd probably list them in alpha order but frankly I'm not really too fussed as I've never really found it any sort of problem and never heard of anyone else complain about it and it really has nothing to do with what I originally posted and for which you labelled me as clueless.

How is it you think SBO and Pinny games are listed in the same order daily despite many starting at the same time?
    I presume SBO despite not showing the rotation numbers is simply following the Vegas order. Again this has no relevance to what I originally posted.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Sportsoptions recently added an option called 'Display open rotation numbers', which are also in this 4-digit format... they must be some kind of an alternative, though I'm not sure where they came from.

I disagree with H here, I find rotation numbers useful both programatically (when importing lines for analysis, archiving etc) and as a quick reference to find a game when time-sensitive selections are mailed to me.

H - You bet on Matchbook, today's College card had something in the region of 54 games. If you got an email, or a webpage, telling you to bet two specific games, wouldn't you find it easier to search by number than scroll through looking for the team? It's also less likely to cause confusion on the phone, "Bet 115 +5" is less prone to error than Bet "Texas +5" -- Texas? Texas Tech? Texas Christian?
    Last edited by Santo; 10-01-11 at 11:27 PM.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Sportsoptions recently added an option called 'Display open rotation numbers', which are also in this 4-digit format... they must be some kind of an alternative, though I'm not sure where they came from.

I disagree with H here, I find rotation numbers useful both programatically (when importing lines for analysis, archiving etc) and as a quick reference to find a game when time-sensitive selections are mailed to me.

H - You bet on Matchbook, today's College card had something in the region of 54 games. If you got an email, or a webpage, telling you to bet two specific games, wouldn't you find it easier to search by number than scroll through looking for the team? It's also less likely to cause confusion on the phone, "Bet 115 +5" is less prone to error than Bet "Texas +5" -- Texas? Texas Tech? Texas Christian?
    not arguing with any of that Santo so don't really know what it is you are disagreeing with

my original post was merely suggesting why Greek may have moved away from it and the fact that hardly anyone outside of the US even knows about the rotation numbers, let alone uses them

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I was disagreeing that people who bet US sports outside of the US don't know about the rotation numbers. The UK based group I worked with certainly used them frequently. If Jon had used them on his College Hoops totals I'd have paid more attention to them.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Santo is on the nose here about trying to match up team names in a spreadsheet for analysis, etc. It is painful without a common number like the rotation number. At least at some books, this is off by an even multiple of 100 (1501 vs 901). At Greek its just totally fukked up now.

12 Last